Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Owners Unite - Page 338

post #5056 of 12464
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

I sold all my dynamic/ortho's some time ago.

Do you find the estats signature to be similar to the 800s? Sorry for the diversion from Schiit discussions!
post #5057 of 12464
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post

Eddie Current Zana Deux

Have read good impressions on this pairing. Unfortunately, its over my budget to own the EC for now. Does it have an iron grip on the bass?
post #5058 of 12464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossliew View Post


Do you find the estats signature to be similar to the 800s? Sorry for the diversion from Schiit discussions!

I find the HD800's to be completely flat and boring in comparison. They have good imaging and a nice soundstage, but the presentation kind of sucks to me now. I am a Stax convert.

post #5059 of 12464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attackingtots View Post
 

Im looking food a good solid state amp for my brother who's just getting into audio. Would a Modi Or Asgard 2 be better for someone who's just getting into this

An amp will make more of a difference on sound than a DAC so I would say go with an Asgard 2.

post #5060 of 12464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrnie View Post
 

An amp will make more of a difference on sound than a DAC so I would say go with an Asgard 2.

I disagree......DAC more important IMO.

post #5061 of 12464
And here we go with the DAC vs Amp ping pong...
post #5062 of 12464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossliew View Post


Have read good impressions on this pairing. Unfortunately, its over my budget to own the EC for now. Does it have an iron grip on the bass?

Taut bass is the way I think of it. But just as a tease, I echo paradoxper: Sr 007 and KGSShv ( Mmmmmmm!):veryevil:

post #5063 of 12464
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post
 

Taut bass is the way I think of it. But just as a tease, I echo paradoxper: Sr 007 and KGSShv ( Mmmmmmm!):veryevil:

 

LOL!! That's an even higher end rig which I can't afford! But, electrostats, as I understand, are not that bass heavy as well, no?

post #5064 of 12464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossliew View Post
 

 

LOL!! That's an even higher end rig which I can't afford! But, electrostats, as I understand, are not that bass heavy as well, no?

IMO, the electrostats will deliver bass to the fullest extent present in the recordings. But it will not add bass on top of the existing bass, a la, say, Fostex TH 900. Trust that answers your query.

post #5065 of 12464
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post
 

IMO, the electrostats will deliver bass to the fullest extent present in the recordings. But it will not add bass on top of the existing bass, a la, say, Fostex TH 900. Trust that answers your query.

I've auditioned the SR407 with the SRM-727 II and yes, it had the deepest bass found in audiophile recordings - believe the track I was listening to was Rebecca Pidgeon's Spanish Harlem. It was astonishing! However, when I switched to faster tunes i.e. metal, i heard some distortion and thinning of sound. Is this what it means by the estats having weak mid-bass capabilities? It just couldn't reproduce the thundering double bass drums like my Grados can or even a HD600/650.

post #5066 of 12464

Rossliew,

I'll PM you. We have gone way past subject on this thread.

post #5067 of 12464

So should I do it or not? :p

 

 

post #5068 of 12464
you're at the wrong place if you're expecting anyone to say no.

do it.
post #5069 of 12464
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpArkLeS View Post
 

So should I do it or not? :p

 

 

You're not going to wriggle out of this, are you ?:wink:

post #5070 of 12464
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post
 

You're not going to wriggle out of this, are you ?:wink:

:p I don't think so, I'll be combining it with my Xonar Essence stx and maybe later this year get the bifrost. 

 

I've kinda made up my mind, it's just hard for me to press the button because it is alot of money. 

 

Anyone recommand me some rca cables (around 2/3meters)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite