- 227 Posts. Joined 8/2009
- Location: League City
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First of all I’d like to thank LZ and Lao for sending me a review sample of the LZ A2S. I'd also want to thank my friend Tamal for informing me about the LZ A2S, thanks mate! The retail price of...
Ampsandsound are an amplifier and loudspeaker builder out of Southern California. I discovered Justin Weber and team through Head-Fi, when reports of their Kenzie headphone amps appeared. Since...
Review: Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone I tried to post a review only to the review template, but I was unable to because the system stated I was above the maximum character count, hence...
If you are looking at the RHA-MA750, you already have done a bit of research about how they sound. So, I will get straight to my review. Sound Quality: Let me start off by saying that these...
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 325post #4861 of 119813/20/14 at 7:44amHey all, just last night I noticed some background noise and static on my Mjolnir when previously it was dead silent from end to end, I think it may have been the fact I had it running for a while and maybe it got too hot? I turned it off but won't be able to check till I next get home. Has anyone else experienced this? I turned off DAC, checked cables, et cetera. It is a first, hoping I didn't hurt the amp but that seems unlilely
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4862 of 119813/20/14 at 11:37amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Ultramus
Hey all, just last night I noticed some background noise and static on my Mjolnir when previously it was dead silent from end to end, I think it may have been the fact I had it running for a while and maybe it got too hot? I turned it off but won't be able to check till I next get home. Has anyone else experienced this? I turned off DAC, checked cables, et cetera. It is a first, hoping I didn't hurt the amp but that seems unlilely
Static can come from the volume pot. Turn it around and see if the static intensifies. If so, a simple clean may be the trick. Otherwise, be sure to use the 5-year warranty Schiit gave you.post #4863 of 119813/20/14 at 12:18pmpost #4864 of 119813/20/14 at 1:28pmpost #4865 of 119813/20/14 at 1:41pmThread StarterQuote:
The Sabre chip isn't the end-all of DACs. I'm more concerned with the output stage, personally.post #4866 of 119813/20/14 at 2:49pm
Just compared the two. Not entirely sure what to make of it but I'm guessing the lower the output voltage the better? Which goes to the Mode at a full mega volt less than the U2post #4867 of 119813/20/14 at 2:54pmThread StarterQuote:
Not really. What's more important is the interplay between THD and output voltage. Manufacturers like to massage these numbers to make their THD look better.post #4868 of 119813/23/14 at 10:03pm
Just got my new Lyr a couple days ago. Superb amp and totally quiet even with my Grado's. Schiit is, as every body says, an excellent company to deal with and make the best amps for the money I have ever seen. It is like I have all new headphones.post #4869 of 119813/24/14 at 5:03ampost #4870 of 119813/25/14 at 4:43amLyr owners, over the last two months, I've noticed a tendency of the front tube to start leaning to the right side (if you view it from the front). Thus causes an intermittent crackle to the sound coming from the Hp. I straighten it out and presto, no problem.Any suggestions for a permanent fix? Thanks.post #4871 of 119813/25/14 at 4:56ampost #4872 of 119813/25/14 at 4:58amQuote:I use socket savers and I haven't had that issue.Originally Posted by kothganesh
Lyr owners, over the last two months, I've noticed a tendency of the front tube to start leaning to the right side (if you view it from the front). Thus causes an intermittent crackle to the sound coming from the Hp. I straighten it out and presto, no problem.Any suggestions for a permanent fix? Thanks.post #4873 of 119813/25/14 at 5:04ampost #4874 of 119813/25/14 at 5:19ampost #4875 of 119813/25/14 at 5:24am
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › FS: Stax SR-007 MK1 17 seconds ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 1 minute ago
- › great ear tips for im70 iem ? 1 minute ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - Introducing KATANA 3 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and important of bias/blind... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 7 minutes ago
- › A FLAC-supportive cloud storage? 7 minutes ago
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...