- 227 Posts. Joined 8/2009
- Location: League City
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 325post #4861 of 117963/20/14 at 7:44amHey all, just last night I noticed some background noise and static on my Mjolnir when previously it was dead silent from end to end, I think it may have been the fact I had it running for a while and maybe it got too hot? I turned it off but won't be able to check till I next get home. Has anyone else experienced this? I turned off DAC, checked cables, et cetera. It is a first, hoping I didn't hurt the amp but that seems unlilely
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4862 of 117963/20/14 at 11:37amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Ultramus
Hey all, just last night I noticed some background noise and static on my Mjolnir when previously it was dead silent from end to end, I think it may have been the fact I had it running for a while and maybe it got too hot? I turned it off but won't be able to check till I next get home. Has anyone else experienced this? I turned off DAC, checked cables, et cetera. It is a first, hoping I didn't hurt the amp but that seems unlilely
Static can come from the volume pot. Turn it around and see if the static intensifies. If so, a simple clean may be the trick. Otherwise, be sure to use the 5-year warranty Schiit gave you.post #4863 of 117963/20/14 at 12:18pmpost #4864 of 117963/20/14 at 1:28pmpost #4865 of 117963/20/14 at 1:41pmThread StarterQuote:
The Sabre chip isn't the end-all of DACs. I'm more concerned with the output stage, personally.post #4866 of 117963/20/14 at 2:49pm
Just compared the two. Not entirely sure what to make of it but I'm guessing the lower the output voltage the better? Which goes to the Mode at a full mega volt less than the U2post #4867 of 117963/20/14 at 2:54pmThread StarterQuote:
Not really. What's more important is the interplay between THD and output voltage. Manufacturers like to massage these numbers to make their THD look better.post #4868 of 117963/23/14 at 10:03pm
Just got my new Lyr a couple days ago. Superb amp and totally quiet even with my Grado's. Schiit is, as every body says, an excellent company to deal with and make the best amps for the money I have ever seen. It is like I have all new headphones.post #4869 of 117963/24/14 at 5:03ampost #4870 of 117963/25/14 at 4:43amLyr owners, over the last two months, I've noticed a tendency of the front tube to start leaning to the right side (if you view it from the front). Thus causes an intermittent crackle to the sound coming from the Hp. I straighten it out and presto, no problem.Any suggestions for a permanent fix? Thanks.post #4871 of 117963/25/14 at 4:56ampost #4872 of 117963/25/14 at 4:58amQuote:I use socket savers and I haven't had that issue.Originally Posted by kothganesh
Lyr owners, over the last two months, I've noticed a tendency of the front tube to start leaning to the right side (if you view it from the front). Thus causes an intermittent crackle to the sound coming from the Hp. I straighten it out and presto, no problem.Any suggestions for a permanent fix? Thanks.post #4873 of 117963/25/14 at 5:04ampost #4874 of 117963/25/14 at 5:19ampost #4875 of 117963/25/14 at 5:24am
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › My Review and unboxing of the JVC HA FX1200 2 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 3 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...