- 17 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
Today is my long overdue review of the Cayin i5. I had trouble getting this review complete due to a holiday emergency and a slow recovery however, better late than never. *disclaimer* I've...
Company 64 Audio (former 1964 Ears) is a well-known maker of top-level multidriver IEMs. They are offering a big range of models, but the most attractive feature of their earphones is APEX...
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 305post #4561 of 122802/21/14 at 7:59pmThanks I am now wondering if the Lyr is a good match for my akg K702?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4562 of 122802/21/14 at 8:06pmQuote:
What? It's a great match for them. Warms them up nicely without messing too much with that gorgeous soundstage and detail. I wouldn't hesitate recommending that pairing at all.post #4563 of 122802/21/14 at 8:50pmpost #4564 of 122802/22/14 at 2:40pmYes it will. I use a magni and modi with my he500. It has enough power to not make it clip.Quote:
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalkpost #4565 of 122802/22/14 at 8:14pmpost #4566 of 122802/22/14 at 8:19pm
They may not have the best sound out there, but power isn't something that they lack.post #4567 of 122802/22/14 at 8:51pmQuote:
Have you ever listened to one. It might be a surprising experience.post #4568 of 122802/22/14 at 9:01pmQuote:
The Magni? Yeah I've listened to it before. It's an amazing little amp for sure. Just a bit too bright for me though.post #4569 of 122802/22/14 at 9:03pmQuote:
I would agree with you there. It is a fairly bright amp. Bright enough to put my HD 700 out of its comfort zone, at least. Still works wonders with a lot of other cans, for the price.post #4570 of 122802/22/14 at 10:11pmQuote:
Sweet, i'm trying to convince my buddy to pick up 1. Any thoughts? He likes Coheed and Cambria, System of a down, children of bodem, lots of metal but also lighter artists like Metric.post #4571 of 122802/22/14 at 11:51pmpost #4572 of 122802/22/14 at 11:53pmpost #4573 of 122802/24/14 at 7:59ampost #4574 of 122802/24/14 at 8:26amThread Starterpost #4575 of 122802/24/14 at 8:29am
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › ATH-M40x bad sound quality 4 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 9 seconds ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 35 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop PC37X Review & Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › V moda Lp2 or Sony mdr 1 A 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › Cayin i5 by Voxata
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear