Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Owners Unite - Page 295

post #4411 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by TsukiNick View Post
 

What do you guys thinking about me painting my Magni black? (Would do the same with Modi when it arrives)

I was thinking of being "that guy" with the custom Schiit haha.

 

I emailed the Schiit guys awhile back and they said painting it wouldn't void the warranty or anything.

Alright I think I'll go for it

post #4412 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 


OK-give me some new stuff to check out...I've been listening to old Herbie Hancock, Chick Corea and Miles Davis Bitches Brew era stuff.....

Try Dave Weckl, he 'da bomb.

post #4413 of 6240

OK, my Schiit arrived today, late, and what a day it was. The Bifrost is where it's at. :cool: I posted my adventures at the below link.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/551345/hifiman-he-500-he-as-in-high-end-impressions-and-feedback/12255#post_10282071

post #4414 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

OK, my Schiit arrived today, late, and what a day it was. The Bifrost is where it's at. :cool: I posted my adventures at the below link.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/551345/hifiman-he-500-he-as-in-high-end-impressions-and-feedback/12255#post_10282071


Glad to hear, enjoy your Bifrost! Now I wait... ever so patiently

post #4415 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips View Post
 

 

Good to see that you like the Schiit Stack. I assume that you meant Vali + Modi since the Magni is an amp.

Btw, I can't help but notice the "Old Republic time". Are you talking about Star Wars The Old Republic by any chance?

Oops, yeah, that's what I get for posting that late/early in the AM.  But yes, the Vali + Modi.  I said Magni since my friend that went with me kept saying he wanted to get the Magni.  But yes, I was referring to SW: TOR.

post #4416 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJs06 View Post
 


Glad to hear, enjoy your Bifrost! Now I wait... ever so patiently

I  picked up a small Asus 11 inch Windoze 8 laptop with touch screen just to feed the Bifrost. I'm streaming Google All Access to the chain right now. I really can't stand the Windoze 8 UI, but it''ll serve as a media player. I have to install Foobar and Media Monkey on it tonight.

Right Now I've got the Bifrost running into the Vali and then HD600, sounds awesome. When I move the Bifrost upstairs it'll be hooked up to my Asgard 2 and HE-500's, I can't wait.

I can't believe that people actually listen to Beats through their phones/players and could possibly be happy. I guess "Ignorance is bliss," if you ask me, more like deaf.

post #4417 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

OK, my Schiit arrived today, late, and what a day it was. The Bifrost is where it's at. :cool: I posted my adventures at the below link.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/551345/hifiman-he-500-he-as-in-high-end-impressions-and-feedback/12255#post_10282071

Ok, today's rasmalai is for you, my friend :wink:

post #4418 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I can't believe that people actually listen to Beats through their phones/players and could possibly be happy. I guess "Ignorance is bliss," if you ask me, more like deaf.

 

Hey, I use "Beats" mode on my HTC One for drum'n'bass sessions when I workout. :veryevil:

 

Guilty as charged.

post #4419 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I  picked up a small Asus 11 inch Windoze 8 laptop with touch screen just to feed the Bifrost. I'm streaming Google All Access to the chain right now. I really can't stand the Windoze 8 UI, but it''ll serve as a media player. I have to install Foobar and Media Monkey on it tonight.

Right Now I've got the Bifrost running into the Vali and then HD600, sounds awesome. When I move the Bifrost upstairs it'll be hooked up to my Asgard 2 and HE-500's, I can't wait.

I can't believe that people actually listen to Beats through their phones/players and could possibly be happy. I guess "Ignorance is bliss," if you ask me, more like deaf.


Nice setup. I'm a fan of a small touch device as a media source. I'm using a Surface Pro with Foobar2K to feed my modi/vali stack myself.

 

I guess ignorance is the reason why some people love music but are okay with mediocre headphones and sources.

post #4420 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolfa View Post
 

 

Hey, I use "Beats" mode on my HTC One for drum'n'bass sessions when I workout. :veryevil:

 

Guilty as charged.

You are forgiven, 10 Hail Mary's and 1 Schiit. :D

post #4421 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJs06 View Post
 


Nice setup. I'm a fan of a small touch device as a media source. I'm using a Surface Pro with Foobar2K to feed my modi/vali stack myself.

 

I guess ignorance is the reason why some people love music but are okay with mediocre headphones and sources.

I'm gonna pass on Media Monkey for now and just put Foobar2K on and also use the Google Music Player in Chrome. If I find it to be a bit slow I'll yank out the hard drive and put in an SSD. I was considering a Chromebook, but I wanted a touchscreen and I don't think they have a good selection of Audio Software. Soon there will be Android Laptops coming out. Intel is putting their weight behind Android. I guess they're losing confidence in Microsoft's future.

post #4422 of 6240

I've watched a few interviews with some employees and the CEO himself with Tyll. This company just seems amazingly awesome. Very customer oriented and they definitely got it right with the way they are targeting lower income and indeed very broke college kids like myself. I haven't gotten the stack yet, but I definitely expect that I will here in the next month or so. Can't wait and also can't wait to see what other **** Schiit has in store :D

 

EDIT: What is the main difference from the Magni to the Vali? It says the Vali is more for over ear headphones and tube amp sound as compared to the Magni being for all around best bang for your buck. What would be best for using with my over ears and IEMs?


Edited by Kbman - 2/17/14 at 10:09pm
post #4423 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbman View Post
 

I've watched a few interviews with some employees and the CEO himself with Tyll. This company just seems amazingly awesome. Very customer oriented and they definitely got it right with the way they are targeting lower income and indeed very broke college kids like myself. I haven't gotten the stack yet, but I definitely expect that I will here in the next month or so. Can't wait and also can't wait to see what other **** Schiit has in store :D

 

EDIT: What is the main difference from the Magni to the Vali? It says the Vali is more for over ear headphones and tube amp sound as compared to the Magni being for all around best bang for your buck. What would be best for using with my over ears and IEMs?

The Magni. Because with the Vali, you will have some hiss with your IEMs.

post #4424 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiger View Post
 

The Magni. Because with the Vali, you will have some hiss with your IEMs.

 

I've never tried the Magni but I have tried the TDK BA200 and the Beyer DTX series with the Vali. The hiss is audible even when music is playing. 

 

IEMs are too sensitive for the Vali imho. 

post #4425 of 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbman View Post

EDIT: What is the main difference from the Magni to the Vali? It says the Vali is more for over ear headphones and tube amp sound as compared to the Magni being for all around best bang for your buck. What would be best for using with my over ears and IEMs?
In your case if you can swing it, I'd really go for the Asgard 2 instead of the Magni or Vali. IEMs will work with the Magni, but the Magni's gain is a bit on the high side for IEMs, and you'll end up with a rather small range of usable volume control on the Magni. The Vali, as Rudiger has mentioned, will likely give you some hiss on the IEMs as well.

But with the Asgard 2, the low gain setting would be ideal.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite