Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Owners Unite - Page 293

post #4381 of 6937

It appears that all good things come to those who wait, even if it's Schiit.

Today's my limit. If I had to wait till Wed., I bust an artery in my head. Due to mess ups and bad weather this has been going on for two weeks too long. Today I have 3 trucks coming by from 3 different carriers. The first has arrived with my printer cartridges, with my luck my shoes will arrive next. :mad: I can't listen to my shoes.

post #4382 of 6937
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

It appears that all good things come to those who wait, even if it's Schiit.

Today's my limit. If I had to wait till Wed., I bust an artery in my head. Due to mess ups and bad weather this has been going on for two weeks too long. Today I have 3 trucks coming by from 3 different carriers. The first has arrived with my printer cartridges, with my luck my shoes will arrive next. :mad: I can't listen to my shoes.

 

So today you will tell me whether I should start selling my V-DAC. :rolleyes:

post #4383 of 6937
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolfa View Post
 

 

So today you will tell me whether I should start selling my V-DAC. :rolleyes:

I just took a look at the V-DAC, nice looking kit, good spec's too, although they don't give the IM specs.

I never listened to the V-DAC so don't make me lie for you. :veryevil: You bought the Bifrost, there's no need for justification, just enjoy it. :happy_face1:

post #4384 of 6937
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

It appears that all good things come to those who wait, even if it's Schiit.

Today's my limit. If I had to wait till Wed., I bust an artery in my head. Due to mess ups and bad weather this has been going on for two weeks too long. Today I have 3 trucks coming by from 3 different carriers. The first has arrived with my printer cartridges, with my luck my shoes will arrive next. :mad: I can't listen to my shoes.

 

I experienced something similar when I was waiting for my own Schiit. My doorbell rang at least twice a day back then, but it was always something other than the courier. :angry_face:

post #4385 of 6937
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I just took a look at the V-DAC, nice looking kit, good spec's too, although they don't give the IM specs.

I never listened to the V-DAC so don't make me lie for you. :veryevil: You bought the Bifrost, there's no need for justification, just enjoy it. :happy_face1:

 

Well, I just put my X-CAN V3 and original V-DAC (currently powering my big speaker system) up for sale...

If all goes well, it should cover Bifrost (the only way to go around my wife). :biggrin:

V-DAC II would then take V-DAC's place in my big system.


Edited by madwolfa - 2/17/14 at 8:56am
post #4386 of 6937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips View Post
 

 

I experienced something similar when I was waiting for my own Schiit. My doorbell rang at least twice a day back then, but it was always something other than the courier. :angry_face:

FedEx lists the delivery by 3 PM and it's almost 12:30 PM. 

post #4387 of 6937
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolfa View Post
 

 

Well, I just put my X-CAN V3 and original V-DAC (currently powering my big speaker system) up for sale...

If all goes well, it should cover Bifrost (the only way to go around my wife). :biggrin:

V-DAC II would then take V-DAC's place in my big system.

 

Glad you heard the improvements over the Xcan, which isn't a bad amp per se.  I just felt that whole 1 watt thing was a load of baloney - for the HD600s anyway.

 

Output capacitors in the signal chain are a big no no, they place a very noticeable veil over the sound and smears the entire signal - less dynamics, clarity, soundstage and separation.  The Xcan relies on output capacitors and from what I understand the Schiit amp was designed without a need for them.  And of course, real power, not BS power. 

 

Enjoy! :bigsmile_face:

post #4388 of 6937
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolfa View Post
 

 

Well, I just put my X-CAN V3 and original V-DAC (currently powering my big speaker system) up for sale...

If all goes well, it should cover Bifrost (the only way to go around my wife). :biggrin:

V-DAC II would then take V-DAC's place in my big system.

Jewelry can work. The problem is that they know how to read model numbers and find prices using Google as a tool against us. Then they want to get equal value, so you can double the price of anything you want to acquire.

DAC's around the house. We all seem so suffer from a new disease called AAS (Audio Acquisition Syndrome). There is no known cure.

post #4389 of 6937
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 

 

Glad you heard the improvements over the Xcan, which isn't a bad amp per se.  I just felt that whole 1 watt thing was a load of baloney - for the HD600s anyway.

 

 

I haven't heard the improvement yet as I'm still waiting for my Asgard delivery. :rolleyes:

It's time to part ways with my X-CAN anyway... it served me well, but I want to try something else after 10 years.

post #4390 of 6937
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolfa View Post
 

 

I haven't heard the improvement yet as I'm still waiting for my Asgard delivery. :rolleyes:

It's time to part ways with my X-CAN anyway... it served me well, but I want to try something else after 10 years.


 Aha, OK - didn't realise that.  What a shame, you should keep them both at hand and actually trust your own ears as to which is better and sell the one you definitely liked less.  But I am not here to tell you how to manage you finances, and as you stated, you want to try something new after 10 years.  :o 


Edited by SP Wild - 2/17/14 at 9:37am
post #4391 of 6937
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 


 Aha, OK - didn't realise that.  What a shame, you should keep them both at hand and actually trust your own ears as to which is better and sell the one you definitely liked less.  But I am not here to tell you how to manage you finances.  :o

 

I will be able to do some comparisons on Wednesday (when it arrives)... :smile: I'll still have my X-CAN by then. And Schiit has some good return policy... I doubt it will be worse than X-CAN though...

post #4392 of 6937
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I just took a look at the V-DAC, nice looking kit, good spec's too, although they don't give the IM specs.

I never listened to the V-DAC so don't make me lie for you. :veryevil: You bought the Bifrost, there's no need for justification, just enjoy it. :happy_face1:


i've had both, one is significantly better to my ears

post #4393 of 6937
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


i've had both, one is significantly better to my ears

Audio is one endeavor where people change their Schiit more often than their underwear.

So where's you Lyr? Did your Schit show up yet or is still in the hands of some truck driver,

post #4394 of 6937
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Audio is one endeavor where people change their Schiit more often than their underwear.

So where's you Lyr? Did your Schit show up yet or is still in the hands of some truck driver,


still waiting on fed ex, they are usually here in the morning, but not today

i swear, that "weather" really throws a monkey wrench in everything

nothing i had coming in last week, made it last week !

post #4395 of 6937
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


still waiting on fed ex, they are usually here in the morning, but not today

i swear, that "weather" really throws a monkey wrench in everything

nothing i had coming in last week, made it last week !

Thank God my new Snowblower made it in last week, my wife picked it up during the day, the one day I went into the office, just before the Schiit hit. 8 inches of wet heart attack snow. She got me a Sherman Tank. You don't get much snow in Alabama.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite