- 1,009 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Location: Secret Russo-Japanese fishing colony
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 282post #4216 of 125012/12/14 at 4:52amI've never had dedicated gaming sound card so I can't say anything about how accurate the sound positioning in those are, but with HD 598's and Nuforce uDAC 2 you can get vague idea where the footsteps etc are coming from. That is enough for single player games IMO.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4217 of 125012/12/14 at 11:53amI received and installed the Bifrost USB card yesterday. Took about 15 minutes to install, had zero issues with the LED's as I put the circuit board in the main enclosure first, then slid the dark gray insert in last and screwed it all together.
Very very happy with it so far.post #4218 of 125012/13/14 at 5:35ampost #4219 of 125012/13/14 at 6:00amThread StarterQuote:
Yep, the southern USA is freaking out and is in lockdown mode because of a little snow and ice. Hope you get it soon!post #4220 of 125012/13/14 at 11:23amQuote:
Here is a beautiful sunny day in southern California!post #4221 of 125012/13/14 at 11:50ampost #4222 of 125012/13/14 at 11:55ampost #4223 of 125012/13/14 at 9:51pmpost #4224 of 125012/13/14 at 11:39pmQuote:
I guess you will like it but let us know your impression.post #4225 of 125012/13/14 at 11:45pm
To be honest I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to tell any difference, but I guess I just want little change after 10 years...post #4226 of 125012/13/14 at 11:48pmQuote:
Only changing the Headphones can make a bigger change, IMO.post #4227 of 125012/14/14 at 12:49am
OMG. The Gungnir has arrived today Friday - delivery was estimated for next Monday. A Fedex triumph! Now trying to tell myself that I don't have time to open it today... I mean, I have to work, right? Right?post #4228 of 125012/14/14 at 12:54amQuote:
Get your priorities right friend ! Now go open the bloody box alreadypost #4229 of 125012/14/14 at 1:35am
Surprise, surprise! I opened the box. Surprise, surprise! I didn't leave the unit on to warm up for a month or so. I listened cold. So far, Coax connection sounds fine, but not so far away from what I am used to hearing. USB - the Gungnir totally obliterates the Audiolab M-DAC. It will be interesting to see how things develop. What a wonderful, involving sound.post #4230 of 125012/14/14 at 1:35am
Well, actually, the main reason for my experiment is that after 10 years of listening my system has started to sound a bit thin and harsh on the treble.
I don't know what to blame here, I've replaced drivers in my HD600, valves in X-CAN V3, but it's still the same... not like before - silky smooth and enjoyable.
Maybe it's my older ears or brain, I dunno... Will see if some Schiit helps. Maybe some other components in my X-CAN got old.
The source was changed, though. I was using an old MF X-24K DAC for many years (and it was great).. but I don't think my new MF V-DAC II is worse that that.
It has to be much better.
Edited by madwolfa - 2/14/14 at 1:41am
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › HTC 11 (aka Ocean Master/Note/Smart) 40 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 40 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Building my own 2.1 system. 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear