- 958 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Location: Secret Russo-Japanese fishing colony
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 282post #4216 of 121862/12/14 at 4:52amI've never had dedicated gaming sound card so I can't say anything about how accurate the sound positioning in those are, but with HD 598's and Nuforce uDAC 2 you can get vague idea where the footsteps etc are coming from. That is enough for single player games IMO.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4217 of 121862/12/14 at 11:53amI received and installed the Bifrost USB card yesterday. Took about 15 minutes to install, had zero issues with the LED's as I put the circuit board in the main enclosure first, then slid the dark gray insert in last and screwed it all together.
Very very happy with it so far.post #4218 of 121862/13/14 at 5:35ampost #4219 of 121862/13/14 at 6:00amThread StarterQuote:
Yep, the southern USA is freaking out and is in lockdown mode because of a little snow and ice. Hope you get it soon!post #4220 of 121862/13/14 at 11:23amQuote:
Here is a beautiful sunny day in southern California!post #4221 of 121862/13/14 at 11:50ampost #4222 of 121862/13/14 at 11:55ampost #4223 of 121862/13/14 at 9:51pmpost #4224 of 121862/13/14 at 11:39pmQuote:
I guess you will like it but let us know your impression.post #4225 of 121862/13/14 at 11:45pm
To be honest I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to tell any difference, but I guess I just want little change after 10 years...post #4226 of 121862/13/14 at 11:48pmQuote:
Only changing the Headphones can make a bigger change, IMO.post #4227 of 121862/14/14 at 12:49am
OMG. The Gungnir has arrived today Friday - delivery was estimated for next Monday. A Fedex triumph! Now trying to tell myself that I don't have time to open it today... I mean, I have to work, right? Right?post #4228 of 121862/14/14 at 12:54amQuote:
Get your priorities right friend ! Now go open the bloody box alreadypost #4229 of 121862/14/14 at 1:35am
Surprise, surprise! I opened the box. Surprise, surprise! I didn't leave the unit on to warm up for a month or so. I listened cold. So far, Coax connection sounds fine, but not so far away from what I am used to hearing. USB - the Gungnir totally obliterates the Audiolab M-DAC. It will be interesting to see how things develop. What a wonderful, involving sound.post #4230 of 121862/14/14 at 1:35am
Well, actually, the main reason for my experiment is that after 10 years of listening my system has started to sound a bit thin and harsh on the treble.
I don't know what to blame here, I've replaced drivers in my HD600, valves in X-CAN V3, but it's still the same... not like before - silky smooth and enjoyable.
Maybe it's my older ears or brain, I dunno... Will see if some Schiit helps. Maybe some other components in my X-CAN got old.
The source was changed, though. I was using an old MF X-24K DAC for many years (and it was great).. but I don't think my new MF V-DAC II is worse that that.
It has to be much better.
Edited by madwolfa - 2/14/14 at 1:41am
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Rogue Audio RH-5.Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Tube amp screech 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Modi2/magni2 Hd 650 clear but harsh. 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear