What do you think of the Lyr vs the Asgard with your AKG phones? I'm considering both amps...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
I've been into vinyl previously but in the mid-90's, sold my high end VPI table and never looked back. I ended up recently with a bunch of new records and nothing to play them on, and decided to...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
Campfire Audio Andromeda: Crown jewel of the Campfire fleet Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Andromeda ($1099USD) with my own money after doing my own research and thus...
Bluedio kindly sent me their 8-driver UFO bluetooth headphones in red for review - and boy I’m glad they did. Packaging Like all of their higher priced bluetooth models, the UFO’s come...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 265post #3961 of 120511/24/14 at 5:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3962 of 120511/24/14 at 6:47pmQuote:
They both are great and you won't go wrong with either.post #3963 of 120511/24/14 at 6:49pmpost #3964 of 120511/24/14 at 7:01pmQuote:
I've had two lyrs so far, the first one had some noise but the second one (my current Lyr) is dead quiet.
Yes, the Asgard has more than enough power for the AKGs.post #3965 of 120511/24/14 at 7:10pm
Thanks.. I'm having a hard time picking between the two. The Asgard appeals to me since it's solid state - you turn it on and you're there.
The taming factor of the Lyr appeals to me, but knowing myself, I think I'd be a walking target for a tube-rolling addiction once I started...post #3966 of 120511/24/14 at 7:16pmpost #3967 of 120511/24/14 at 7:18pmpost #3968 of 120511/24/14 at 7:20pm
Anyone know how long the Magnis have been on backorder? I ordered a Magni on Monday and there was no mention of the backorder then but there is now. If they were in stock when I bought em, I would've got them by wednesday or thursday. Bad timing! I really need an amp soon. Schiit is popular as hell because they make great products though, so I get it.
Edited by ropeadope - 1/24/14 at 7:21pmpost #3969 of 120511/24/14 at 7:26pmpost #3970 of 120511/24/14 at 8:17pm
I don't have an Asgard (It and the Vali are the only Schiit amps I don't own), but for my money the Valhalla is definitely a noticeable improvement. For the 650's which I also own, the Valhalla does everything better.post #3971 of 120511/24/14 at 10:34pmI'm probably going to purchase a Bifrost this weekend to replace my Modi and compliment my Lyr. I'm also thinking about picking up an Asgard 2 as well just to have the different signatures. Is there a switch I can use to flip between the Asgard and Lyr that will compliment the function, looks, and overall sexiness of a Lyr/Asgard2/Bifrost stack? Additionally, is the something for a Vali/Magni/Modi stack?post #3972 of 120511/24/14 at 11:06pmQuote:
The Valhalla would be a good upgrade better than the Asgard 2 for the HD650, IMO.post #3973 of 120511/24/14 at 11:09pmQuote:
It depends to your cans. I sold my Asgard 2, because I found the Lyr pairs better with the HD700 and HE-500 that I had that time.post #3974 of 120511/24/14 at 11:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by roguegeek
I'm probably going to purchase a Bifrost this weekend to replace my Modi and compliment my Lyr. I'm also thinking about picking up an Asgard 2 as well just to have the different signatures. Is there a switch I can use to flip between the Asgard and Lyr that will compliment the function, looks, and overall sexiness of a Lyr/Asgard2/Bifrost stack? Additionally, is the something for a Vali/Magni/Modi stack?
You can just use the preouts on the Asgard (or Lyr) to connect the other amp.
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 53 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Frank Ocean - Blonde is a great headphone album 3 minutes ago
- › Continental Dual Mono Tube Rolling Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 7 minutes ago
- › Looking for a new Amp/DAC for my HD650's to replace Fiio E7/E9 - On... 8 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 8 minutes ago
- › NECO SOUNDLABS PORTABLE V.2 AMP 9 minutes ago
- › Seahorse Carry Case 9 minutes ago
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...