What do you think of the Lyr vs the Asgard with your AKG phones? I'm considering both amps...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 265post #3961 of 67611/24/14 at 5:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3962 of 67611/24/14 at 6:47pmQuote:
They both are great and you won't go wrong with either.post #3963 of 67611/24/14 at 6:49pmpost #3964 of 67611/24/14 at 7:01pmQuote:
I've had two lyrs so far, the first one had some noise but the second one (my current Lyr) is dead quiet.
Yes, the Asgard has more than enough power for the AKGs.post #3965 of 67611/24/14 at 7:10pm
Thanks.. I'm having a hard time picking between the two. The Asgard appeals to me since it's solid state - you turn it on and you're there.
The taming factor of the Lyr appeals to me, but knowing myself, I think I'd be a walking target for a tube-rolling addiction once I started...post #3966 of 67611/24/14 at 7:16pmpost #3967 of 67611/24/14 at 7:18pmpost #3968 of 67611/24/14 at 7:20pm
Anyone know how long the Magnis have been on backorder? I ordered a Magni on Monday and there was no mention of the backorder then but there is now. If they were in stock when I bought em, I would've got them by wednesday or thursday. Bad timing! I really need an amp soon. Schiit is popular as hell because they make great products though, so I get it.
Edited by ropeadope - 1/24/14 at 7:21pmpost #3969 of 67611/24/14 at 7:26pmpost #3970 of 67611/24/14 at 8:17pm
I don't have an Asgard (It and the Vali are the only Schiit amps I don't own), but for my money the Valhalla is definitely a noticeable improvement. For the 650's which I also own, the Valhalla does everything better.post #3971 of 67611/24/14 at 10:34pmI'm probably going to purchase a Bifrost this weekend to replace my Modi and compliment my Lyr. I'm also thinking about picking up an Asgard 2 as well just to have the different signatures. Is there a switch I can use to flip between the Asgard and Lyr that will compliment the function, looks, and overall sexiness of a Lyr/Asgard2/Bifrost stack? Additionally, is the something for a Vali/Magni/Modi stack?post #3972 of 67611/24/14 at 11:06pmQuote:
The Valhalla would be a good upgrade better than the Asgard 2 for the HD650, IMO.post #3973 of 67611/24/14 at 11:09pmQuote:
It depends to your cans. I sold my Asgard 2, because I found the Lyr pairs better with the HD700 and HE-500 that I had that time.post #3974 of 67611/24/14 at 11:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by roguegeek
I'm probably going to purchase a Bifrost this weekend to replace my Modi and compliment my Lyr. I'm also thinking about picking up an Asgard 2 as well just to have the different signatures. Is there a switch I can use to flip between the Asgard and Lyr that will compliment the function, looks, and overall sexiness of a Lyr/Asgard2/Bifrost stack? Additionally, is the something for a Vali/Magni/Modi stack?
You can just use the preouts on the Asgard (or Lyr) to connect the other amp.
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 598 vs 518 - The $100 difference really worth? (open to suggestions) 1 second ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 57 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added... 1 minute ago
- › Best portable amplifier for use with iPhone/iPod and Macbook laptop? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000 *** Great All Rounder*** 3 minutes ago
- › DX90 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)