What do you think of the Lyr vs the Asgard with your AKG phones? I'm considering both amps...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 265post #3961 of 126371/24/14 at 5:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3962 of 126371/24/14 at 6:47pmQuote:
They both are great and you won't go wrong with either.post #3963 of 126371/24/14 at 6:49pmpost #3964 of 126371/24/14 at 7:01pmQuote:
I've had two lyrs so far, the first one had some noise but the second one (my current Lyr) is dead quiet.
Yes, the Asgard has more than enough power for the AKGs.post #3965 of 126371/24/14 at 7:10pm
Thanks.. I'm having a hard time picking between the two. The Asgard appeals to me since it's solid state - you turn it on and you're there.
The taming factor of the Lyr appeals to me, but knowing myself, I think I'd be a walking target for a tube-rolling addiction once I started...post #3966 of 126371/24/14 at 7:16pmpost #3967 of 126371/24/14 at 7:18pmpost #3968 of 126371/24/14 at 7:20pm
Anyone know how long the Magnis have been on backorder? I ordered a Magni on Monday and there was no mention of the backorder then but there is now. If they were in stock when I bought em, I would've got them by wednesday or thursday. Bad timing! I really need an amp soon. Schiit is popular as hell because they make great products though, so I get it.
Edited by ropeadope - 1/24/14 at 7:21pmpost #3969 of 126371/24/14 at 7:26pmpost #3970 of 126371/24/14 at 8:17pm
I don't have an Asgard (It and the Vali are the only Schiit amps I don't own), but for my money the Valhalla is definitely a noticeable improvement. For the 650's which I also own, the Valhalla does everything better.post #3971 of 126371/24/14 at 10:34pmI'm probably going to purchase a Bifrost this weekend to replace my Modi and compliment my Lyr. I'm also thinking about picking up an Asgard 2 as well just to have the different signatures. Is there a switch I can use to flip between the Asgard and Lyr that will compliment the function, looks, and overall sexiness of a Lyr/Asgard2/Bifrost stack? Additionally, is the something for a Vali/Magni/Modi stack?post #3972 of 126371/24/14 at 11:06pmQuote:
The Valhalla would be a good upgrade better than the Asgard 2 for the HD650, IMO.post #3973 of 126371/24/14 at 11:09pmQuote:
It depends to your cans. I sold my Asgard 2, because I found the Lyr pairs better with the HD700 and HE-500 that I had that time.post #3974 of 126371/24/14 at 11:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by roguegeek
I'm probably going to purchase a Bifrost this weekend to replace my Modi and compliment my Lyr. I'm also thinking about picking up an Asgard 2 as well just to have the different signatures. Is there a switch I can use to flip between the Asgard and Lyr that will compliment the function, looks, and overall sexiness of a Lyr/Asgard2/Bifrost stack? Additionally, is the something for a Vali/Magni/Modi stack?
You can just use the preouts on the Asgard (or Lyr) to connect the other amp.
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 7 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 12 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 13 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 16 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 17 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 17 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 17 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 18 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 19 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 19 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear