Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Owners Unite - Page 265

post #3961 of 6905

What do you think of the Lyr vs the Asgard with your AKG phones?  I'm considering both amps...

post #3962 of 6905
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPanda View Post
 

What do you think of the Lyr vs the Asgard with your AKG phones?  I'm considering both amps...

 

They both are great and you won't go wrong with either.

post #3963 of 6905

Any clear preference for you?  How's the noise level on the Lyr with the AKG's?

Is there enough power on the Asgard for them?

 

Thanks again

post #3964 of 6905
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPanda View Post
 

Any clear preference for you?  How's the noise level on the Lyr with the AKG's?

Is there enough power on the Asgard for them?

 

Thanks again

 

I've had two lyrs so far, the first one had some noise but the second one (my current Lyr) is dead quiet.

 

Yes, the Asgard has more than enough power for the AKGs. 

post #3965 of 6905

Thanks..  I'm having a hard time picking between the two.  The Asgard appeals to me since it's solid state - you turn it on and you're there. 

The taming factor of the Lyr appeals to me, but knowing myself, I think I'd be a walking target for a tube-rolling addiction once I started...

post #3966 of 6905

The Lyr is warm, punchy, and very "alive."  the Asgard 2 is very detailed and revealing.

post #3967 of 6905

those are both good sets of qualities.. do you find yourself spending more time with one rather than the other?  How come?  thanks!

post #3968 of 6905

Anyone know how long the Magnis have been on backorder? I ordered a Magni on Monday and there was no mention of the backorder then but there is now. If they were in stock when I bought em, I would've got them by wednesday or thursday. Bad timing! I really need an amp soon. Schiit is popular as hell because they make great products though, so I get it.


Edited by ropeadope - 1/24/14 at 7:21pm
post #3969 of 6905

Hey guys I'm currently using my HD650s with a Magni/Modi stack and am considering upgrading the magni to either an Asgard 2 or Valhalla. Will either be a significant upgrade from my magni?

post #3970 of 6905

I don't have an Asgard (It and the Vali are the only Schiit amps I don't own), but for my money the Valhalla is definitely a noticeable improvement. For the 650's which I also own, the Valhalla does everything better. 

post #3971 of 6905
I'm probably going to purchase a Bifrost this weekend to replace my Modi and compliment my Lyr. I'm also thinking about picking up an Asgard 2 as well just to have the different signatures. Is there a switch I can use to flip between the Asgard and Lyr that will compliment the function, looks, and overall sexiness of a Lyr/Asgard2/Bifrost stack? Additionally, is the something for a Vali/Magni/Modi stack?
post #3972 of 6905
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephAM View Post
 

Hey guys I'm currently using my HD650s with a Magni/Modi stack and am considering upgrading the magni to either an Asgard 2 or Valhalla. Will either be a significant upgrade from my magni?

 

The Valhalla would be a good upgrade better than the Asgard 2 for the HD650, IMO.

post #3973 of 6905
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPanda View Post
 

those are both good sets of qualities.. do you find yourself spending more time with one rather than the other?  How come?  thanks!

 

It depends to your cans. I sold my Asgard 2, because I found the Lyr pairs better with the HD700 and HE-500 that I had that time. 

post #3974 of 6905
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post

I'm probably going to purchase a Bifrost this weekend to replace my Modi and compliment my Lyr. I'm also thinking about picking up an Asgard 2 as well just to have the different signatures. Is there a switch I can use to flip between the Asgard and Lyr that will compliment the function, looks, and overall sexiness of a Lyr/Asgard2/Bifrost stack? Additionally, is the something for a Vali/Magni/Modi stack?


You can just use the preouts on the Asgard (or Lyr) to connect the other amp. 

post #3975 of 6905
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr108 View Post


You can just use the preouts on the Asgard (or Lyr) to connect the other amp. 

I'm an idiot.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite