Ooo! The SRH940 is one of my favorite closed cans of all time (so incredibly underrated), but I haven't had any time to bring them home from work and play with them through my stack. Very interested in hearing what you think of the combo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 259post #3871 of 71771/16/14 at 1:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3872 of 71771/16/14 at 1:06pmQuote:
I agree 110% I have heard many high end, super expensive set ups, and the 940 is right up there in my books. This stack is quite detailed and clean, so it really accentuates what the shures do well, detail, without being overly clinical. Great combo i think, only downside is that the magni is a little too high gain, but its perfectly workable.post #3873 of 71771/16/14 at 1:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by SixthFall
I agree 110% I have heard many high end, super expensive set ups, and the 940 is right up there in my books. This stack is quite detailed and clean, so it really accentuates what the shures do well, detail, without being overly clinical. Great combo i think, only downside is that the magni is a little too high gain, but its perfectly workable.
On paper, the Magni is already a bright amp and the 940 is most definitely a bright can, so it seems they wouldn't pair too nicely together, but I'm excited to hear they work. Never had a want to even try it, but I probably will this weekend now. Thanks for the feedback.post #3874 of 71771/16/14 at 1:12pmpost #3875 of 71771/16/14 at 1:13pmpost #3876 of 71771/16/14 at 1:19pmpost #3877 of 71771/16/14 at 4:23pm
You know how you see an app on the app store and you're like, "Well crap, it's only $.99. Might as well try it and see what happens." That's how I'm feeling about the Vali right now. I have no use for it, but Schiit still gives me no reason to not buy it.post #3878 of 71771/16/14 at 4:31pmQuote:
that's exactly what i said, little did i know how'd i be amazedpost #3879 of 71771/16/14 at 4:49pmpost #3880 of 71771/16/14 at 5:02pmQuote:
Probably because Amazon charges third party sellers fees. Schiit is probably passing these fees onto consumers.post #3881 of 71771/16/14 at 5:05pmpost #3882 of 71771/16/14 at 5:48pmQuote:
Because it comes with the Amazon free prime shipping.post #3883 of 71771/16/14 at 5:51pmQuote:
that, and its "prime" meaning the vali is already sitting in one of amazon's facilities, and will get to you buyers door in 2 dayspost #3884 of 71771/16/14 at 6:22pmpost #3885 of 71771/16/14 at 7:40pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Wagnus The famous Japan brand has their cable variant from IC to... 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-C751 VS Yamaha EPH100 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FXT100, HA-FXT200, HA-FXT200 LTD HI-SPEED 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 5 minutes ago
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3