Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Owners Unite - Page 259

post #3871 of 6935
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthFall View Post

 

Just got them in the other day :)

Ooo! The SRH940 is one of my favorite closed cans of all time (so incredibly underrated), but I haven't had any time to bring them home from work and play with them through my stack. Very interested in hearing what you think of the combo.

post #3872 of 6935
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
 

Ooo! The SRH940 is one of my favorite closed cans of all time (so incredibly underrated), but I haven't had any time to bring them home from work and play with them through my stack. Very interested in hearing what you think of the combo.

I agree 110% I have heard many high end, super expensive set ups, and the 940 is right up there in my books. This stack is quite detailed and clean, so it really accentuates what the shures do well, detail, without being overly clinical. Great combo i think, only downside is that the magni is a little too high gain, but its perfectly workable.

post #3873 of 6935
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthFall View Post
 

I agree 110% I have heard many high end, super expensive set ups, and the 940 is right up there in my books. This stack is quite detailed and clean, so it really accentuates what the shures do well, detail, without being overly clinical. Great combo i think, only downside is that the magni is a little too high gain, but its perfectly workable.

On paper, the Magni is already a bright amp and the 940 is most definitely a bright can, so it seems they wouldn't pair too nicely together, but I'm excited to hear they work. Never had a want to even try it, but I probably will this weekend now. Thanks for the feedback.

post #3874 of 6935

little schiit(vali) medium schiit, and large schiit !!

 

 

 

post #3875 of 6935

Nice Schiit there!  :biggrin:

post #3876 of 6935
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

little schiit(vali) medium schiit, and large schiit !!

You've got a whole lotta Schiit!

post #3877 of 6935

You know how you see an app on the app store and you're like, "Well crap, it's only $.99. Might as well try it and see what happens." That's how I'm feeling about the Vali right now. I have no use for it, but Schiit still gives me no reason to not buy it.

post #3878 of 6935
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
 

You know how you see an app on the app store and you're like, "Well crap, it's only $.99. Might as well try it and see what happens." That's how I'm feeling about the Vali right now. I have no use for it, but Schiit still gives me no reason to not buy it.


that's exactly what i said, little did i know how'd i be amazed

post #3879 of 6935

Maybe someone can answer this here. Why is the Vali $119 direct from Schiit, but $129 on Amazon which is still direct from Schiit?

post #3880 of 6935
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
 

Maybe someone can answer this here. Why is the Vali $119 direct from Schiit, but $129 on Amazon which is still direct from Schiit?

Probably because Amazon charges third party sellers fees. Schiit is probably passing these fees onto consumers.

post #3881 of 6935
This makes sense. I just sold something through Amazon. Never again! Almost 11% taken out of the sale AND my money won't be transferred over for 21 day. Just ridiculous!
post #3882 of 6935
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
 

Maybe someone can answer this here. Why is the Vali $119 direct from Schiit, but $129 on Amazon which is still direct from Schiit?

 

Because it comes with the Amazon free prime shipping. 

post #3883 of 6935
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post

This makes sense. I just sold something through Amazon. Never again! Almost 11% taken out of the sale AND my money won't be transferred over for 21 day. Just ridiculous!

Quote:

Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
 

Maybe someone can answer this here. Why is the Vali $119 direct from Schiit, but $129 on Amazon which is still direct from Schiit?

that, and its "prime" meaning the vali is already sitting in one of amazon's facilities, and will get to you buyers door in 2 days

post #3884 of 6935

Just ordered a Vali/Modi combo for my new ATH-A900X setup on my PC. Super excited!

post #3885 of 6935
Quote:
Originally Posted by saedrin View Post
 

Just ordered a Vali/Modi combo for my new ATH-A900X setup on my PC. Super excited!

 

You're going to love it! I love my Magni/Modi combo

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite