Ooo! The SRH940 is one of my favorite closed cans of all time (so incredibly underrated), but I haven't had any time to bring them home from work and play with them through my stack. Very interested in hearing what you think of the combo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 259post #3871 of 119811/16/14 at 1:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3872 of 119811/16/14 at 1:06pmQuote:
I agree 110% I have heard many high end, super expensive set ups, and the 940 is right up there in my books. This stack is quite detailed and clean, so it really accentuates what the shures do well, detail, without being overly clinical. Great combo i think, only downside is that the magni is a little too high gain, but its perfectly workable.post #3873 of 119811/16/14 at 1:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by SixthFall
I agree 110% I have heard many high end, super expensive set ups, and the 940 is right up there in my books. This stack is quite detailed and clean, so it really accentuates what the shures do well, detail, without being overly clinical. Great combo i think, only downside is that the magni is a little too high gain, but its perfectly workable.
On paper, the Magni is already a bright amp and the 940 is most definitely a bright can, so it seems they wouldn't pair too nicely together, but I'm excited to hear they work. Never had a want to even try it, but I probably will this weekend now. Thanks for the feedback.post #3874 of 119811/16/14 at 1:12pmpost #3875 of 119811/16/14 at 1:13pmpost #3876 of 119811/16/14 at 1:19pmpost #3877 of 119811/16/14 at 4:23pm
You know how you see an app on the app store and you're like, "Well crap, it's only $.99. Might as well try it and see what happens." That's how I'm feeling about the Vali right now. I have no use for it, but Schiit still gives me no reason to not buy it.post #3878 of 119811/16/14 at 4:31pmQuote:
that's exactly what i said, little did i know how'd i be amazedpost #3879 of 119811/16/14 at 4:49pmpost #3880 of 119811/16/14 at 5:02pmQuote:
Probably because Amazon charges third party sellers fees. Schiit is probably passing these fees onto consumers.post #3881 of 119811/16/14 at 5:05pmpost #3882 of 119811/16/14 at 5:48pmQuote:
Because it comes with the Amazon free prime shipping.post #3883 of 119811/16/14 at 5:51pmQuote:
that, and its "prime" meaning the vali is already sitting in one of amazon's facilities, and will get to you buyers door in 2 dayspost #3884 of 119811/16/14 at 6:22pmpost #3885 of 119811/16/14 at 7:40pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 59 seconds ago
- › Massdrop Fostex TH-X00 Ebony impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Koss Portapro Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels "The Raptor" 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 7 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE-4 UPGRADE ? 8 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...