Ooo! The SRH940 is one of my favorite closed cans of all time (so incredibly underrated), but I haven't had any time to bring them home from work and play with them through my stack. Very interested in hearing what you think of the combo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 259post #3871 of 119181/16/14 at 1:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3872 of 119181/16/14 at 1:06pmQuote:
I agree 110% I have heard many high end, super expensive set ups, and the 940 is right up there in my books. This stack is quite detailed and clean, so it really accentuates what the shures do well, detail, without being overly clinical. Great combo i think, only downside is that the magni is a little too high gain, but its perfectly workable.post #3873 of 119181/16/14 at 1:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by SixthFall
I agree 110% I have heard many high end, super expensive set ups, and the 940 is right up there in my books. This stack is quite detailed and clean, so it really accentuates what the shures do well, detail, without being overly clinical. Great combo i think, only downside is that the magni is a little too high gain, but its perfectly workable.
On paper, the Magni is already a bright amp and the 940 is most definitely a bright can, so it seems they wouldn't pair too nicely together, but I'm excited to hear they work. Never had a want to even try it, but I probably will this weekend now. Thanks for the feedback.post #3874 of 119181/16/14 at 1:12pmpost #3875 of 119181/16/14 at 1:13pmpost #3876 of 119181/16/14 at 1:19pmpost #3877 of 119181/16/14 at 4:23pm
You know how you see an app on the app store and you're like, "Well crap, it's only $.99. Might as well try it and see what happens." That's how I'm feeling about the Vali right now. I have no use for it, but Schiit still gives me no reason to not buy it.post #3878 of 119181/16/14 at 4:31pmQuote:
that's exactly what i said, little did i know how'd i be amazedpost #3879 of 119181/16/14 at 4:49pmpost #3880 of 119181/16/14 at 5:02pmQuote:
Probably because Amazon charges third party sellers fees. Schiit is probably passing these fees onto consumers.post #3881 of 119181/16/14 at 5:05pmpost #3882 of 119181/16/14 at 5:48pmQuote:
Because it comes with the Amazon free prime shipping.post #3883 of 119181/16/14 at 5:51pmQuote:
that, and its "prime" meaning the vali is already sitting in one of amazon's facilities, and will get to you buyers door in 2 dayspost #3884 of 119181/16/14 at 6:22pmpost #3885 of 119181/16/14 at 7:40pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 1 minute ago
- › The EU deals thread! 2 minutes ago
- › IC/For sale: Hifiman he-400i 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 7 minutes ago
- › $1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus... 8 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 9 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 11 minutes ago
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over-Ear Review by mark2410 11 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...