Still having problems with the hum on the Bifrost/Lyr combo. A couple of updates...
- Checked the wall sockets with a receptacle tester - no issues.
- Plugged the gear into different wall sockets - no difference.
- Tried different interconnects - No difference.
A couple of other things...
- Tried my iPod hooked directly to the Lyr - no hum
- Hum remains in Lyr as long as it is connected to the Bifrost, even when the Bifrost is switched off at the power
- Hum stops if the Bifrost is unplugged from the wall.
Any thoughts? I think the last item may be quite a telling element - appears that the problem must be in the Bifrost...
all of my same equipment AND issues. stops once RCA is disconnected from Lyr and BiFrost unplugged from wall.
I reported long ago- fixed with the JK Audio Pureformer in-between my RCA interconnects. hum. gone.
YMMV as it may also with the Hum-X.
as noble and well-meaning advice it is to "fix the source" instead of the above bandaids, the time and cost for such often is frustrating and prohibitive.
and my JK Audio will "move with me" if I move the equipment to an office or other location.