Looks like your wallet is going to empty filling up that rack with gear.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 12/12/13 at 3:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/12/13 at 4:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: Yesterday
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 234post #3496 of 382710/16/13 at 6:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3497 of 382710/16/13 at 10:12ampost #3498 of 382710/16/13 at 12:58pm
So my Schiit stack arrived yesterday, when I had initially made the order I had forgot to add the RCA and the USB cables to the order, got them added but they were not included in this shipment so were shipped separately. I'll have to scrounge around and see if I've got some RCA cables or build some new ones tonight and scrounge up a USB cable and try them out.post #3499 of 382710/26/13 at 8:42am
After listening to the HE-500 with the Gungnir/Mjolnir stack at home, I used the same HP with the Bifrost/Lyr (in the office). Man, was that a let down. Same songs sounded congested. Anybody have a similar experience ?post #3500 of 382710/26/13 at 9:56ampost #3501 of 382710/26/13 at 5:37pmpost #3502 of 382710/26/13 at 8:34pmpost #3503 of 382710/26/13 at 8:40pmQuote:
Technically it is the magni is above the modi, But they are not on speaking terms right now anyway, magni is having more fun with the yamaha anywaypost #3504 of 382710/26/13 at 10:22pmOff topic, but I would like to give a shout out to Jason and the guys at Schiit.
I ordered some cables online and got the wrong ones. I had them shipped here to Middleearth, and thats when I discovered the mistake. Emailed them once and got a reply from Jason almost immediately. He was at RMAF, yet found time to respond! They sent me the right cables and shipped them all the way here at their cost -and they let me keep the other set (I did insist I would ship them back but they said no)! I will keep that money and spend it on future orders with them! Have since given them to friends to use on their systems along with the story of Schiit's great customer service.
On a related note, cannot wait for the Vali to become available. Itching to add that to my schiit stack.
Edited by NZheadcase - 10/26/13 at 10:25pmpost #3505 of 382710/27/13 at 5:51pm
I have had similar experiences with Jason and Schiit. Super responsive. They are really helpful and always bend over backward to give the best customer service. I couldn't ask for anything more. Hats off to those guys!!post #3506 of 382710/27/13 at 8:23pm
I agree too, I have been in contact with him about upgrading my Bifrost to the Uber and he has been very helpful and fast to respond. Even provides some humor here and there in the responses!!
I would never hesitate to deal with them again, and I plan it eventually....lolpost #3507 of 382710/29/13 at 8:14pmpost #3508 of 382710/29/13 at 8:19pmpost #3509 of 382710/30/13 at 11:40pm
Jumping in, have to admit I haven't gone through the 234 pages of posts...
I'm happy with my Lyr/Gungnir stack. I thought to go to Mjolnir as well, but none of my sets are balanced...for now. I run my HD600, K702, and He400 with this setup. My one gripe was a slight hum/buzz that I was able to get rid of with a small device that also helped with my tube/hybrid integrated amp that I use for computer duty. I can share the model/maker if anyone is interested, for the device. I had tried various things but this nailed it, doesn't seem to take away from the sound.
Just really happy with this setup, which is funny on the surface when you think about it. Tubes, solid state, and digital. Like others I have to search for the power buttons on the back, but for every device there's something.
Next up, maybe some interesting tubes from the past...post #3510 of 382710/31/13 at 3:16pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 10 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread 24 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 29 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MW1 - Smart Wireless Headset pro 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 305 IEMs compared (Moe Audio MOE-SS01 Added... 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Trying to find the best way to solve a problem 4 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 6 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe