Looks like your wallet is going to empty filling up that rack with gear.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 234
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3497 of 1194510/16/13 at 10:12ampost #3498 of 1194510/16/13 at 12:58pm
So my Schiit stack arrived yesterday, when I had initially made the order I had forgot to add the RCA and the USB cables to the order, got them added but they were not included in this shipment so were shipped separately. I'll have to scrounge around and see if I've got some RCA cables or build some new ones tonight and scrounge up a USB cable and try them out.post #3499 of 1194510/26/13 at 8:42am
After listening to the HE-500 with the Gungnir/Mjolnir stack at home, I used the same HP with the Bifrost/Lyr (in the office). Man, was that a let down. Same songs sounded congested. Anybody have a similar experience ?post #3500 of 1194510/26/13 at 9:56ampost #3501 of 1194510/26/13 at 5:37pmpost #3502 of 1194510/26/13 at 8:34pmpost #3503 of 1194510/26/13 at 8:40pmQuote:
Technically it is the magni is above the modi, But they are not on speaking terms right now anyway, magni is having more fun with the yamaha anywaypost #3504 of 1194510/26/13 at 10:22pmOff topic, but I would like to give a shout out to Jason and the guys at Schiit.
I ordered some cables online and got the wrong ones. I had them shipped here to Middleearth, and thats when I discovered the mistake. Emailed them once and got a reply from Jason almost immediately. He was at RMAF, yet found time to respond! They sent me the right cables and shipped them all the way here at their cost -and they let me keep the other set (I did insist I would ship them back but they said no)! I will keep that money and spend it on future orders with them! Have since given them to friends to use on their systems along with the story of Schiit's great customer service.
On a related note, cannot wait for the Vali to become available. Itching to add that to my schiit stack.
Edited by NZheadcase - 10/26/13 at 10:25pmpost #3505 of 1194510/27/13 at 5:51pm
I have had similar experiences with Jason and Schiit. Super responsive. They are really helpful and always bend over backward to give the best customer service. I couldn't ask for anything more. Hats off to those guys!!post #3506 of 1194510/27/13 at 8:23pm
I agree too, I have been in contact with him about upgrading my Bifrost to the Uber and he has been very helpful and fast to respond. Even provides some humor here and there in the responses!!
I would never hesitate to deal with them again, and I plan it eventually....lolpost #3507 of 1194510/29/13 at 8:14pmpost #3508 of 1194510/29/13 at 8:19pmpost #3509 of 1194510/30/13 at 11:40pm
Jumping in, have to admit I haven't gone through the 234 pages of posts...
I'm happy with my Lyr/Gungnir stack. I thought to go to Mjolnir as well, but none of my sets are balanced...for now. I run my HD600, K702, and He400 with this setup. My one gripe was a slight hum/buzz that I was able to get rid of with a small device that also helped with my tube/hybrid integrated amp that I use for computer duty. I can share the model/maker if anyone is interested, for the device. I had tried various things but this nailed it, doesn't seem to take away from the sound.
Just really happy with this setup, which is funny on the surface when you think about it. Tubes, solid state, and digital. Like others I have to search for the power buttons on the back, but for every device there's something.
Next up, maybe some interesting tubes from the past...post #3510 of 1194510/31/13 at 3:16pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Using a FiiO Mont Blanc with an iPhone 6S 16 seconds ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 25 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 40 seconds ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 51 seconds ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 54 seconds ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 1 minute ago
- › Audio extension cable length 1 minute ago
- › Please help me choose an amp (or amp/dac) for my Beyerdynamic DT... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...