- 893 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: S.fl
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 230post #3436 of 1228210/8/13 at 2:15pm+1 bifrost uber sounds great with lyr
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3437 of 1228210/8/13 at 4:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tman5293
I have a question for anyone that has owned both the Modi and the Bifrost. Is the Bifrost worth the upgrade over the Modi? Does the sound quality increase significantly enough to warrant the extra cost? I'm considering purchasing the Bifrost with the uber upgrade to pair with my Lyr. I'm currently using it with the Modi and I'm not going to make the purchase if it's not a significant upgrade.
I've owned both. If you have high quality rips of your music, it will make a very appreciable and worthy improvement. I have the uberfrost now and could never go back.post #3438 of 1228210/8/13 at 4:55pmpost #3439 of 1228210/8/13 at 5:04pm
Very much enjoying a pair of Orange Globes 68' vintage. One tube was a little noisy and I thought I was doomed but it cleared up on it's own.
Edited by MattTCG - 10/8/13 at 5:05pmpost #3440 of 1228210/8/13 at 6:32pmQuote:
'70 orange globes getting the most time
but the surprise find, just took a chance on some tesla e88cc, gold pins, from russia, czech made, don't know how accurate all that is
but they sound pretty good ! was like $50, i think,post #3441 of 1228210/8/13 at 6:44pmpost #3442 of 1228210/8/13 at 6:58pmpost #3443 of 1228210/9/13 at 6:43ampost #3444 of 1228210/9/13 at 8:58amQuote:
just changed for my A frame orange globes, back to my mid 60's bugle boys, forgot how good they are !post #3445 of 1228210/9/13 at 10:33am
New forum member here...
I'm sporting the Gen1 USB Bifrost and Lyr combo to drive my AKG 701s. The Gen2/Uber upgrade is something I plan to do sometime soon...
The supplied JJ tubes sounded rather lifeless, and now I find myself bouncing between the gold-pin Teslas and NOS Russian 6H23n-EB that a friend got me as a gift.post #3446 of 1228210/9/13 at 11:57ampost #3447 of 1228210/9/13 at 12:31pmpost #3448 of 1228210/9/13 at 12:39pmQuote:
I had a similar issue when I first installed mine. For whatever reason, Win7 had the zip file flagged for encryption, and therefore the extracted files as well.post #3449 of 1228210/9/13 at 12:55pmQuote:
I only know of these here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/626399/the-best-of-the-bunch-russian-tubes-for-schiit-valhalla-version-1-2post #3450 of 1228210/9/13 at 12:57pmQuote:
I don't think you would have to uninstall xonar. Unknown error? Is that the exact Windows message?
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Need recommendation between ATH-R70X & HD600 & AKG K712 Pro 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser GSX 1000 / 1200 Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear