- 599 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: S.fl
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12More
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/21/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 230post #3436 of 748910/8/13 at 2:15pm+1 bifrost uber sounds great with lyr
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3437 of 748910/8/13 at 4:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tman5293
I have a question for anyone that has owned both the Modi and the Bifrost. Is the Bifrost worth the upgrade over the Modi? Does the sound quality increase significantly enough to warrant the extra cost? I'm considering purchasing the Bifrost with the uber upgrade to pair with my Lyr. I'm currently using it with the Modi and I'm not going to make the purchase if it's not a significant upgrade.
I've owned both. If you have high quality rips of your music, it will make a very appreciable and worthy improvement. I have the uberfrost now and could never go back.post #3438 of 748910/8/13 at 4:55pmpost #3439 of 748910/8/13 at 5:04pm
Very much enjoying a pair of Orange Globes 68' vintage. One tube was a little noisy and I thought I was doomed but it cleared up on it's own.
Edited by MattTCG - 10/8/13 at 5:05pmpost #3440 of 748910/8/13 at 6:32pmQuote:
'70 orange globes getting the most time
but the surprise find, just took a chance on some tesla e88cc, gold pins, from russia, czech made, don't know how accurate all that is
but they sound pretty good ! was like $50, i think,post #3441 of 748910/8/13 at 6:44pmpost #3442 of 748910/8/13 at 6:58pmpost #3443 of 748910/9/13 at 6:43ampost #3444 of 748910/9/13 at 8:58amQuote:
just changed for my A frame orange globes, back to my mid 60's bugle boys, forgot how good they are !post #3445 of 748910/9/13 at 10:33am
New forum member here...
I'm sporting the Gen1 USB Bifrost and Lyr combo to drive my AKG 701s. The Gen2/Uber upgrade is something I plan to do sometime soon...
The supplied JJ tubes sounded rather lifeless, and now I find myself bouncing between the gold-pin Teslas and NOS Russian 6H23n-EB that a friend got me as a gift.post #3446 of 748910/9/13 at 11:57ampost #3447 of 748910/9/13 at 12:31pmpost #3448 of 748910/9/13 at 12:39pmQuote:
I had a similar issue when I first installed mine. For whatever reason, Win7 had the zip file flagged for encryption, and therefore the extracted files as well.post #3449 of 748910/9/13 at 12:55pmQuote:
I only know of these here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/626399/the-best-of-the-bunch-russian-tubes-for-schiit-valhalla-version-1-2post #3450 of 748910/9/13 at 12:57pmQuote:
I don't think you would have to uninstall xonar. Unknown error? Is that the exact Windows message?
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 5 seconds ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 8 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 14 seconds ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 37 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 41 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 45 seconds ago
- › Introduction Thing 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . 2 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)