- 659 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: S.fl
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12More
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
Introduction First of all, I would like to thank Aune (@AuneAudio) for giving me the opportunity to review their unit. This is the link to the relevant head-fi thread:...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 230post #3436 of 1108910/8/13 at 2:15pm+1 bifrost uber sounds great with lyr
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3437 of 1108910/8/13 at 4:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tman5293
I have a question for anyone that has owned both the Modi and the Bifrost. Is the Bifrost worth the upgrade over the Modi? Does the sound quality increase significantly enough to warrant the extra cost? I'm considering purchasing the Bifrost with the uber upgrade to pair with my Lyr. I'm currently using it with the Modi and I'm not going to make the purchase if it's not a significant upgrade.
I've owned both. If you have high quality rips of your music, it will make a very appreciable and worthy improvement. I have the uberfrost now and could never go back.post #3438 of 1108910/8/13 at 4:55pmpost #3439 of 1108910/8/13 at 5:04pm
Very much enjoying a pair of Orange Globes 68' vintage. One tube was a little noisy and I thought I was doomed but it cleared up on it's own.
Edited by MattTCG - 10/8/13 at 5:05pmpost #3440 of 1108910/8/13 at 6:32pmQuote:
'70 orange globes getting the most time
but the surprise find, just took a chance on some tesla e88cc, gold pins, from russia, czech made, don't know how accurate all that is
but they sound pretty good ! was like $50, i think,post #3441 of 1108910/8/13 at 6:44pmpost #3442 of 1108910/8/13 at 6:58pmpost #3443 of 1108910/9/13 at 6:43ampost #3444 of 1108910/9/13 at 8:58amQuote:
just changed for my A frame orange globes, back to my mid 60's bugle boys, forgot how good they are !post #3445 of 1108910/9/13 at 10:33am
New forum member here...
I'm sporting the Gen1 USB Bifrost and Lyr combo to drive my AKG 701s. The Gen2/Uber upgrade is something I plan to do sometime soon...
The supplied JJ tubes sounded rather lifeless, and now I find myself bouncing between the gold-pin Teslas and NOS Russian 6H23n-EB that a friend got me as a gift.post #3446 of 1108910/9/13 at 11:57ampost #3447 of 1108910/9/13 at 12:31pmpost #3448 of 1108910/9/13 at 12:39pmQuote:
I had a similar issue when I first installed mine. For whatever reason, Win7 had the zip file flagged for encryption, and therefore the extracted files as well.post #3449 of 1108910/9/13 at 12:55pmQuote:
I only know of these here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/626399/the-best-of-the-bunch-russian-tubes-for-schiit-valhalla-version-1-2post #3450 of 1108910/9/13 at 12:57pmQuote:
I don't think you would have to uninstall xonar. Unknown error? Is that the exact Windows message?
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Audeze LCD-4 3 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 8 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 31 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 44 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for open headphone under/around 100$ 4 minutes ago
- › She is Called M1(Esther) ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by GioF71
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2