- 372 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: S.fl
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/25/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/25/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/25/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/25/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/25/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/6/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/25/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/6/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 5/17/13 at 3:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/12/13 at 4:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 6/4/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 230post #3436 of 374410/8/13 at 2:15pm+1 bifrost uber sounds great with lyr
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3437 of 374410/8/13 at 4:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tman5293
I have a question for anyone that has owned both the Modi and the Bifrost. Is the Bifrost worth the upgrade over the Modi? Does the sound quality increase significantly enough to warrant the extra cost? I'm considering purchasing the Bifrost with the uber upgrade to pair with my Lyr. I'm currently using it with the Modi and I'm not going to make the purchase if it's not a significant upgrade.
I've owned both. If you have high quality rips of your music, it will make a very appreciable and worthy improvement. I have the uberfrost now and could never go back.post #3438 of 374410/8/13 at 4:55pmpost #3439 of 374410/8/13 at 5:04pm
Very much enjoying a pair of Orange Globes 68' vintage. One tube was a little noisy and I thought I was doomed but it cleared up on it's own.
Edited by MattTCG - 10/8/13 at 5:05pmpost #3440 of 374410/8/13 at 6:32pmQuote:
'70 orange globes getting the most time
but the surprise find, just took a chance on some tesla e88cc, gold pins, from russia, czech made, don't know how accurate all that is
but they sound pretty good ! was like $50, i think,post #3441 of 374410/8/13 at 6:44pmpost #3442 of 374410/8/13 at 6:58pmpost #3443 of 374410/9/13 at 6:43ampost #3444 of 374410/9/13 at 8:58amQuote:
just changed for my A frame orange globes, back to my mid 60's bugle boys, forgot how good they are !post #3445 of 374410/9/13 at 10:33am
New forum member here...
I'm sporting the Gen1 USB Bifrost and Lyr combo to drive my AKG 701s. The Gen2/Uber upgrade is something I plan to do sometime soon...
The supplied JJ tubes sounded rather lifeless, and now I find myself bouncing between the gold-pin Teslas and NOS Russian 6H23n-EB that a friend got me as a gift.post #3446 of 374410/9/13 at 11:57ampost #3447 of 374410/9/13 at 12:31pmpost #3448 of 374410/9/13 at 12:39pmQuote:
I had a similar issue when I first installed mine. For whatever reason, Win7 had the zip file flagged for encryption, and therefore the extracted files as well.post #3449 of 374410/9/13 at 12:55pmQuote:
I only know of these here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/626399/the-best-of-the-bunch-russian-tubes-for-schiit-valhalla-version-1-2post #3450 of 374410/9/13 at 12:57pmQuote:
I don't think you would have to uninstall xonar. Unknown error? Is that the exact Windows message?
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Is there a cheapere alternative to B&W MM-1 Speakers? 36 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Need buying advice about these bass-heavy headphones!! 1 minute ago
- › Senn CX 300 II or Soundmagic E10 or some other in this budget ? 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 5 minutes ago
- › Cowon J3 vs Fiio X3 upgrade or sidegrade SQ only? 5 minutes ago
- › Next headphone for me to get? 5 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi