- 848 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: S.fl
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 230post #3436 of 1213510/8/13 at 2:15pm+1 bifrost uber sounds great with lyr
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3437 of 1213510/8/13 at 4:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tman5293
I have a question for anyone that has owned both the Modi and the Bifrost. Is the Bifrost worth the upgrade over the Modi? Does the sound quality increase significantly enough to warrant the extra cost? I'm considering purchasing the Bifrost with the uber upgrade to pair with my Lyr. I'm currently using it with the Modi and I'm not going to make the purchase if it's not a significant upgrade.
I've owned both. If you have high quality rips of your music, it will make a very appreciable and worthy improvement. I have the uberfrost now and could never go back.post #3438 of 1213510/8/13 at 4:55pmpost #3439 of 1213510/8/13 at 5:04pm
Very much enjoying a pair of Orange Globes 68' vintage. One tube was a little noisy and I thought I was doomed but it cleared up on it's own.
Edited by MattTCG - 10/8/13 at 5:05pmpost #3440 of 1213510/8/13 at 6:32pmQuote:
'70 orange globes getting the most time
but the surprise find, just took a chance on some tesla e88cc, gold pins, from russia, czech made, don't know how accurate all that is
but they sound pretty good ! was like $50, i think,post #3441 of 1213510/8/13 at 6:44pmpost #3442 of 1213510/8/13 at 6:58pmpost #3443 of 1213510/9/13 at 6:43ampost #3444 of 1213510/9/13 at 8:58amQuote:
just changed for my A frame orange globes, back to my mid 60's bugle boys, forgot how good they are !post #3445 of 1213510/9/13 at 10:33am
New forum member here...
I'm sporting the Gen1 USB Bifrost and Lyr combo to drive my AKG 701s. The Gen2/Uber upgrade is something I plan to do sometime soon...
The supplied JJ tubes sounded rather lifeless, and now I find myself bouncing between the gold-pin Teslas and NOS Russian 6H23n-EB that a friend got me as a gift.post #3446 of 1213510/9/13 at 11:57ampost #3447 of 1213510/9/13 at 12:31pmpost #3448 of 1213510/9/13 at 12:39pmQuote:
I had a similar issue when I first installed mine. For whatever reason, Win7 had the zip file flagged for encryption, and therefore the extracted files as well.post #3449 of 1213510/9/13 at 12:55pmQuote:
I only know of these here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/626399/the-best-of-the-bunch-russian-tubes-for-schiit-valhalla-version-1-2post #3450 of 1213510/9/13 at 12:57pmQuote:
I don't think you would have to uninstall xonar. Unknown error? Is that the exact Windows message?
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › [AAW A3H-Pro Review] The CIEM rabbit hole just got a little bigger. 52 seconds ago
- › Ie800 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 2 minutes ago
- › Wired Headphones is Dead the future is wireless 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › TTVJ Flat Pad test original vs deluxe 5 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 5 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 6 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 9 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...