I have an Uberfrost / Lyr combo driving HD600s. They make beautiful music together.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 (updated 2014 version!!!) on-ear premium portable headphones. ...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 222post #3316 of 69889/11/13 at 12:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3317 of 69889/11/13 at 12:12pmpost #3318 of 69889/11/13 at 1:03pmpost #3319 of 69889/11/13 at 1:36pmpost #3320 of 69889/11/13 at 6:59pm
I've been living with the uberfrost+valhalla+t70 combo at my office desk for a while now, and it has only grown better with time - but the sheer novelty of how amazing it is hasn't worn off one bit, and I still catch myself gazing at the valhalla's beauty.
My magni+modi+hd439 is now at home, being used as a sound-out for one of my arcade computers and only gets used to play sound voltex mostly because I don't want to have to switch my computer speakers over manually - and it's beautiful overkill.
After quite a while listening to all this Schiit, I have come to the conclusion that my initial conclusion that Schiit is the best thing since sliced Beats stands true. I can't wait to see what secret lurks within Yggdrasil. These guys are amazing.
If you play Bemani, play some Bemani with your Schiit. Expect mindblowing.post #3321 of 69889/12/13 at 8:18pm
I got my bifrost w/ uber and usb and valhalla today! I finally have a tube amp and love it. I still have to break in the cans and can't imagine how much better it will sound when everything is working at peak condition. What other cans work great with this combo?post #3322 of 69889/12/13 at 8:53pmQuote:
congrats, that is my exact setup minus USB on the bifrost. I'm still amazed by it every day, no substantial inclination to upgrade at all. Enjoy it, it gets sweeter and sweeter with time.post #3323 of 69889/12/13 at 9:03pmQuote:
Congrats, with what cans?post #3324 of 69889/12/13 at 9:33pm
Still breaking in senn HD 650. I was looking at different beyerdynamic DT880, T1, T70 before I settled on the HD 650. I was wondering how those would fare with the combo I got.post #3325 of 69889/12/13 at 9:43pmQuote:
The Valhalla is a fantastic amp for HD650. It brings the HD650 to life.post #3326 of 69889/13/13 at 12:12amQuote:
Yeah it really does make it sound even better than before. I didn't plan on buying an amp and dac, but I'm glad I did. All of this stuff should last me a long time just as long as I don't stop in here too often and look at other equipment and get sucked into buying more expensive stuff.
I was an IEM guy for years and one day a few weeks ago I thought to myself why don't I use regular headphones since I work from home and never listen to music anywhere but on the computer. I looked up some reviews which led me to here and looked around and saw an awesome deal at headphonedotcom for a 100 dollar gift certificate for 80 bucks so I promptly bought 5 of them and got my HD 650 for 400 which I consider to be a steal since everywhere is selling them for 500. If only I could have gotten an amp/dac with that sort of discount, but I'm not going to complain as it seems that many of you feel that schiit is very under priced for the performance it puts out.
I really like the schiit I got even though it was my second choice at the time. A few people's opinion's in this thread was the deciding factor as well as being more futureproof pushed the schiit ahead of woo audio. I'm not going to lie, their stuff is super sexy but in the end I went with what was best for me. Even my gf who is always giving me lectures about buying stuff is ok with it after listening to it and telling her that this is all I'll need for awhile.
I really don't know schiit about all of this stuff so thanks to all here who pointed me in the right direction. All I know is that it sounds great and I'm sure it will be better when my cans are broken in.
Edited by vegasf1 - 9/13/13 at 12:43ampost #3327 of 69889/13/13 at 12:25ampost #3328 of 69889/13/13 at 11:42amQuote:
Use FooBar, or JRiver and set your output settings to WASAPI. (You'll have to download the WASAPI component for Foobar)post #3329 of 69889/13/13 at 12:25pmQuote:
I downloaded the WASAPI and it's not showing up. I went into output and it's not available. I have checked the components section and I see the file for it. I've looked at several sites for help and I can't get it to load in foobar. I like the interface more than jriver so I would hope that I can get it to load someday. I'm wondering if it's a windows driver issue. I do have it loaded through the usb port and I'm wondering if the driver doesn't want to load it.
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 41 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . 1 minute ago
- › Are all CIEM cords wrapped over the ear? 2 minutes ago
- › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Designer Wanted Collingham 4 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 6 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 6 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 8 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)