I have an Uberfrost / Lyr combo driving HD600s. They make beautiful music together.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 222
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3317 of 117959/11/13 at 12:12pmpost #3318 of 117959/11/13 at 1:03pmpost #3319 of 117959/11/13 at 1:36pmpost #3320 of 117959/11/13 at 6:59pm
I've been living with the uberfrost+valhalla+t70 combo at my office desk for a while now, and it has only grown better with time - but the sheer novelty of how amazing it is hasn't worn off one bit, and I still catch myself gazing at the valhalla's beauty.
My magni+modi+hd439 is now at home, being used as a sound-out for one of my arcade computers and only gets used to play sound voltex mostly because I don't want to have to switch my computer speakers over manually - and it's beautiful overkill.
After quite a while listening to all this Schiit, I have come to the conclusion that my initial conclusion that Schiit is the best thing since sliced Beats stands true. I can't wait to see what secret lurks within Yggdrasil. These guys are amazing.
If you play Bemani, play some Bemani with your Schiit. Expect mindblowing.post #3321 of 117959/12/13 at 8:18pm
I got my bifrost w/ uber and usb and valhalla today! I finally have a tube amp and love it. I still have to break in the cans and can't imagine how much better it will sound when everything is working at peak condition. What other cans work great with this combo?post #3322 of 117959/12/13 at 8:53pmQuote:
congrats, that is my exact setup minus USB on the bifrost. I'm still amazed by it every day, no substantial inclination to upgrade at all. Enjoy it, it gets sweeter and sweeter with time.post #3323 of 117959/12/13 at 9:03pmQuote:
Congrats, with what cans?post #3324 of 117959/12/13 at 9:33pm
Still breaking in senn HD 650. I was looking at different beyerdynamic DT880, T1, T70 before I settled on the HD 650. I was wondering how those would fare with the combo I got.post #3325 of 117959/12/13 at 9:43pmQuote:
The Valhalla is a fantastic amp for HD650. It brings the HD650 to life.post #3326 of 117959/13/13 at 12:12amQuote:
Yeah it really does make it sound even better than before. I didn't plan on buying an amp and dac, but I'm glad I did. All of this stuff should last me a long time just as long as I don't stop in here too often and look at other equipment and get sucked into buying more expensive stuff.
I was an IEM guy for years and one day a few weeks ago I thought to myself why don't I use regular headphones since I work from home and never listen to music anywhere but on the computer. I looked up some reviews which led me to here and looked around and saw an awesome deal at headphonedotcom for a 100 dollar gift certificate for 80 bucks so I promptly bought 5 of them and got my HD 650 for 400 which I consider to be a steal since everywhere is selling them for 500. If only I could have gotten an amp/dac with that sort of discount, but I'm not going to complain as it seems that many of you feel that schiit is very under priced for the performance it puts out.
I really like the schiit I got even though it was my second choice at the time. A few people's opinion's in this thread was the deciding factor as well as being more futureproof pushed the schiit ahead of woo audio. I'm not going to lie, their stuff is super sexy but in the end I went with what was best for me. Even my gf who is always giving me lectures about buying stuff is ok with it after listening to it and telling her that this is all I'll need for awhile.
I really don't know schiit about all of this stuff so thanks to all here who pointed me in the right direction. All I know is that it sounds great and I'm sure it will be better when my cans are broken in.
Edited by vegasf1 - 9/13/13 at 12:43ampost #3327 of 117959/13/13 at 12:25ampost #3328 of 117959/13/13 at 11:42amQuote:
Use FooBar, or JRiver and set your output settings to WASAPI. (You'll have to download the WASAPI component for Foobar)post #3329 of 117959/13/13 at 12:25pmQuote:
I downloaded the WASAPI and it's not showing up. I went into output and it's not available. I have checked the components section and I see the file for it. I've looked at several sites for help and I can't get it to load in foobar. I like the interface more than jriver so I would hope that I can get it to load someday. I'm wondering if it's a windows driver issue. I do have it loaded through the usb port and I'm wondering if the driver doesn't want to load it.
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Hifiman HE-400 Audeze Fazor Elements Vegan Pads free ship & Paypal 1 minute ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 6 minutes ago
- › Audioquest Jitterbug 6 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 10 minutes ago
- › I did my own listening test...four formats...did I hear a difference? 11 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...