is it only me or schiit site is not working
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 218post #3256 of 119229/1/13 at 4:38am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3257 of 119229/1/13 at 5:29ampost #3258 of 119229/1/13 at 6:56ampost #3259 of 119229/1/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
I think you're unique position to be in possession of Both Dac-It and Bifrost...as many of us have looked at both and wondered how they compare. My guess is they are both awesome.post #3260 of 119229/1/13 at 1:40pmpost #3261 of 119229/1/13 at 2:11pmQuote:
Will you be feeding the dacs via USB or SPDIF? Lossless files on a computer or...?post #3262 of 119229/1/13 at 3:38pmQuote:USB
Most of my downloads are flac and wav played through jriver though the majority of my listening is spotify and mogpost #3263 of 119229/1/13 at 3:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by mazzelectra
Just wanted to ping on this - I went through a similar issue with my Magni last week and finally got things resolved today. After cycling different power placement scenarios (different wall, surge protectors, etc.) and running through nonDAC testing (thought it may be machine noise transfer from my iMac usb source) I eventually found out that it was the Audio Extension Cable I was using! I was going to bypass that soon anyway, just waiting on a surge protector (which came today) to be able to move the M/M into a position on my desk where I wouldn't need it.
Anyhoo, I posted about it on the Magni thread in case you wanted to check out the scenario in full:
Hope that helps!
The Modi/Magni seems quite exceptional
Did you have just a hum or did you have the scratchy volume knob as well?post #3264 of 119229/1/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
The flac & wav files with either dac should give a very transparent window on the music, spotify & mog significantly less so has been my experience.
Should be fun! Be sure & allow the Bifrost time for "listener burn-in" as you have done with the Dacit.post #3265 of 119229/1/13 at 4:55pmQuote:
Yep - had a little of both in the mix :/ Scratchiness only when turning the VOL knob in certain ranges.post #3266 of 119229/2/13 at 6:28pmpost #3267 of 119229/2/13 at 6:57pmpost #3268 of 119229/3/13 at 6:35amQuote:
Agreed. A better DAC will just be able to reproduce the source material with more clarity and transparency. No DAC can make a 128kbps mp3 sound better than a flac, or heck, a 320kbps mp3 file.post #3269 of 119229/3/13 at 6:05pmI listen to spotify at 320 not bad but not like a cd going through the bifrost uber. The nice thing about spotify is you get to try tons of music things you may never have thought of its endlesspost #3270 of 119229/4/13 at 11:46amQuote:
To be fair, a 128kbps MP3 sounds like trash even coming through iPhone earbuds from an iPhone. I remember the blissfully ignorant days of Napster when it was shocking how amazing the quality we could fit into such tiny bits of space was, and 128kbps was mindblowing... not so much anymore.
I strongly doubt the large, large majority of people can tell the difference between a V0 and a 320 without Bifrost-tier gear or better, or between either of those and FLAC, and even with the gear necessary and some especially unforgiving cans like the T70, it's very, very close. (This is assuming 16/41khz standard) I have a few recordings that are very quiet beyond the music (jazz, solo piano, etc) where the difference between V0/320 and lossless becomes much more stark, but as the layers and complexity increase, the discernible difference rapidly decreases. As far as what the human ear can even hear in the first place, V0/320 come very, very close to lossless - it's arguable that past the age of 16 or so, you provably won't be able to tell a V0 from a 320, even.
My collection is mostly 320, V0 and ALAC (because iTunes, ugh), but some things I just haven't been able to find in better quality yet. I can't even comprehend not keeping a personal music library - the huge, huge majority of music I like isn't on any of those web services - and it's not because i'm ~so indie~, it's just because I listen primarily to music that isn't in english or is from countries where english isn't the primary language. In my experience, Spotify and the like almost completely ignore anything that falls in that category, especially if it's non-western. Just by browsing forums and watching new posts on the private torrent trackers I frequent, I'm constantly coming across more new music I'm interested in than I can possibly listen to, 99% of it not available on Spotify.
As a result, I have a music drive at home along with an identical backup copy I refresh monthly, as well as an external drive at the office serving as an offsite backup, which I keep always up to date by synchronizing it through a fourth backup in the form of a portable mini-external. I lost my whole collection and backups to a power supply failure when I was 16... and never, ever again. Main site, main site backup, portable/pocket backup and offsite backup are now mandatory. I'd love the ease of a web service that allowed me to not do that, but then I'd never be able to listen "off the grid"... so I guess I'll always be tending to a library on my own.
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 10 seconds ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Comply vs Spiral Dot vs SpinFit 2 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Modders Go Ypsilon (Elleven Acoustica drivers and builds thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 5 minutes ago
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...