is it only me or schiit site is not working
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12More
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 218post #3256 of 104159/1/13 at 4:38am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3257 of 104159/1/13 at 5:29ampost #3258 of 104159/1/13 at 6:56ampost #3259 of 104159/1/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
I think you're unique position to be in possession of Both Dac-It and Bifrost...as many of us have looked at both and wondered how they compare. My guess is they are both awesome.post #3260 of 104159/1/13 at 1:40pmpost #3261 of 104159/1/13 at 2:11pmQuote:
Will you be feeding the dacs via USB or SPDIF? Lossless files on a computer or...?post #3262 of 104159/1/13 at 3:38pmQuote:USB
Most of my downloads are flac and wav played through jriver though the majority of my listening is spotify and mogpost #3263 of 104159/1/13 at 3:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by mazzelectra
Just wanted to ping on this - I went through a similar issue with my Magni last week and finally got things resolved today. After cycling different power placement scenarios (different wall, surge protectors, etc.) and running through nonDAC testing (thought it may be machine noise transfer from my iMac usb source) I eventually found out that it was the Audio Extension Cable I was using! I was going to bypass that soon anyway, just waiting on a surge protector (which came today) to be able to move the M/M into a position on my desk where I wouldn't need it.
Anyhoo, I posted about it on the Magni thread in case you wanted to check out the scenario in full:
Hope that helps!
The Modi/Magni seems quite exceptional
Did you have just a hum or did you have the scratchy volume knob as well?post #3264 of 104159/1/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
The flac & wav files with either dac should give a very transparent window on the music, spotify & mog significantly less so has been my experience.
Should be fun! Be sure & allow the Bifrost time for "listener burn-in" as you have done with the Dacit.post #3265 of 104159/1/13 at 4:55pmQuote:
Yep - had a little of both in the mix :/ Scratchiness only when turning the VOL knob in certain ranges.post #3266 of 104159/2/13 at 6:28pmpost #3267 of 104159/2/13 at 6:57pmpost #3268 of 104159/3/13 at 6:35amQuote:
Agreed. A better DAC will just be able to reproduce the source material with more clarity and transparency. No DAC can make a 128kbps mp3 sound better than a flac, or heck, a 320kbps mp3 file.post #3269 of 104159/3/13 at 6:05pmI listen to spotify at 320 not bad but not like a cd going through the bifrost uber. The nice thing about spotify is you get to try tons of music things you may never have thought of its endlesspost #3270 of 104159/4/13 at 11:46amQuote:
To be fair, a 128kbps MP3 sounds like trash even coming through iPhone earbuds from an iPhone. I remember the blissfully ignorant days of Napster when it was shocking how amazing the quality we could fit into such tiny bits of space was, and 128kbps was mindblowing... not so much anymore.
I strongly doubt the large, large majority of people can tell the difference between a V0 and a 320 without Bifrost-tier gear or better, or between either of those and FLAC, and even with the gear necessary and some especially unforgiving cans like the T70, it's very, very close. (This is assuming 16/41khz standard) I have a few recordings that are very quiet beyond the music (jazz, solo piano, etc) where the difference between V0/320 and lossless becomes much more stark, but as the layers and complexity increase, the discernible difference rapidly decreases. As far as what the human ear can even hear in the first place, V0/320 come very, very close to lossless - it's arguable that past the age of 16 or so, you provably won't be able to tell a V0 from a 320, even.
My collection is mostly 320, V0 and ALAC (because iTunes, ugh), but some things I just haven't been able to find in better quality yet. I can't even comprehend not keeping a personal music library - the huge, huge majority of music I like isn't on any of those web services - and it's not because i'm ~so indie~, it's just because I listen primarily to music that isn't in english or is from countries where english isn't the primary language. In my experience, Spotify and the like almost completely ignore anything that falls in that category, especially if it's non-western. Just by browsing forums and watching new posts on the private torrent trackers I frequent, I'm constantly coming across more new music I'm interested in than I can possibly listen to, 99% of it not available on Spotify.
As a result, I have a music drive at home along with an identical backup copy I refresh monthly, as well as an external drive at the office serving as an offsite backup, which I keep always up to date by synchronizing it through a fourth backup in the form of a portable mini-external. I lost my whole collection and backups to a power supply failure when I was 16... and never, ever again. Main site, main site backup, portable/pocket backup and offsite backup are now mandatory. I'd love the ease of a web service that allowed me to not do that, but then I'd never be able to listen "off the grid"... so I guess I'll always be tending to a library on my own.
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Woo Audio 2 2 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio 3 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Trio Portable Tube Amp - Discussion and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 connection to Marshall Woburn - line out or headphone? 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 8 minutes ago
- › Help me choose wisely!!! Momentum m2 (wired) vs hd25-1 II + dt770... 8 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 11 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 11 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion 16 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3