- 659 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: S.fl
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12More
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
I was offered to review these for Brainwavz and I agreed. I am not affiliated with the company, and have no bias towards or against them. This review will be my unbiased opinion on...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 217post #3241 of 106038/29/13 at 6:05pmI have the combo with uber sounds amazing
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3242 of 106038/30/13 at 8:08ampost #3243 of 106038/30/13 at 8:57ampost #3244 of 106038/30/13 at 10:15ampost #3245 of 106038/30/13 at 10:18am
if i keep the bifrost i will definitely get the uber upgrade
the peachtree is pretty good thoughpost #3246 of 106038/30/13 at 11:51ampost #3247 of 106038/30/13 at 9:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by wahsmoh
I was in the same boat as you pal. I was scared at the thought of buying an external DAC since I already own a "high-end" soundcard (HT Omega Claro). My first investment was my DT880 that I purchased after Christmas for over 30% off ($250) and then decided to throw my money at an amplifier. I ended up going over the end of my "budget".
Asgard 2: $250
Uberfrost: $500(open-box brand new via Ebay)
DT880 recabled(MSRP+cable): $500
Now, I'm perfectly happy. I can't see how I could find improvements unless I moved to Summit-fi and opted for an LCD-2 or HE-500 and aim for a complimentary "bass" headphone. My DT880s aren't lacking in weight either now that they've been recabled, talk about a "punch" like a closed subwoofer on my head.
you could tube roll with a Lyr, or start building a crqack OTL, or S.E.X or BA22. You gotta get your perspective in order. The order says there is no end and it always can be better.post #3248 of 106038/30/13 at 9:41pm
Looking to upgrade to a Lyr shortly from my Magni to go with my Mad Dogs which I will eventually upgrade to Alpha Dogs when Dan makes the option available.
Tell me this head-fi, is it worth it to upgrade my Modi ---> Bifrost? I do all my listening via computer. Has anyone switched out a modi for the bifrost in a lyr setup and noticed a huge difference?post #3249 of 106038/30/13 at 9:44pm
I owned the HT Halo Claro. I thought too it would be impossible to have better sound. A friend lent me a Meridian USB DAC. I was blown away by the sound. The improvement is not minor. I then purchased a Gungnir and in the meantime I got the Asgard2. Wow am I amazed at the sound quality. I am glad my friend brought over the Meridian. I realized how bad a PCI sound card really is.post #3250 of 106038/30/13 at 9:54pm
I difference should be noticeable. I compared a Modi to the Gungnir and there is no contest. I am using DT990 headphones just in case someone would like to know. The Modi uses an opamp for the output gain stage. Opamps are inferior to discreet components that are used in the Bifrost and Gungnir.post #3251 of 106038/30/13 at 10:02pmpost #3252 of 106038/30/13 at 11:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Erukian
When is it trolling? He was responding to a specific question about whether it's worth it to pay extra for cables.
This is just my two cents, but it seems like anytime someone expresses their opinion about cables on here where they're a non-believer they're automatically trolling. If they're a cable believer they're seen as sharing their experiences because cables are SO subjective nobody will tell them they're full of BS. Aren't double standards fun?
No, it takes a trained ear to hear. Some care to take this path, others don't. That is the end of the argument.post #3253 of 106039/1/13 at 12:29amQuote:Originally Posted by bigjohn1
I know it is not a normal part of your operation, and you focus on the amazing technology and products that we all love, but how about making available for purchase some Schiit swag (i.e. t-shirts, hats, etc.)
I, for one, would love to be a walking bill board for your products to show my loyalty and happiness with your products. (and by walking billboard, I mean a 6'4", 50" chest walking around Dallas with a Schiit logo on a shirt would be exactly that)
Please make sure to produce some in XXXX for me lolpost #3254 of 106039/1/13 at 12:31ampost #3255 of 106039/1/13 at 12:48amQuote:Originally Posted by jmsaxon69
This whole price doesn't equal performance is such crap or all of you would own Magni/Modi and that would be it. It's not a way to negate "bang for the buck", there are some good sounding cheap stuff out there, does the stuff that costs 2 or 3 times more sound better? Most of the time it sure does, of course SOMETIMES it doesn't, but rarely.
The cable thing still baffles me as well, but I guess if you can't hear it then don't spend the money. How can so many idiot audiophiles just want to blow large amounts of money on cables if they make no difference? How can these companies like AudioQuest and Kimber Kable still be around?
The excuses are lame. Actually buy a good $200 to $500 interconnect and listen to it for a month and then hook up what you were using and let me know what you hear......
Listen to what you are saying "We are proud to be ignorant" Really? Is that what you want to be?
My friend, I am not professing ignorance, nor do I wish that upon others. I was simply stating there are many reasons why people do the things they do. Some people are stubborn, but I suppose it is their choice to be stubborn. Some people are stuck in their particular situation in life, and so their choices are limited. Some people choose to be frugal. Why should that upset anyone else?
For those who are unable, it isn't their choice. For those who are unwilling, perhaps it is their choice, and perhaps not. I just don't see the purpose in being mad at them. Perhaps it is the case that they don't realize that they are unable or unwilling, and so argue their positions in that way. All that anger will do to someone in that state is to further solidify their positions.
I am also not advocating relative truth. Facts are facts. But many things in this hobby depend upon perceptions, and those perceptions may change. It is a mistake to argue over perceptions, as if they were facts.
So, yeah. I own a M+M stack, and I really like it. Do I think it's endgame? No. It's what I can afford for now. I will not trouble you with the events in my life that cause me to spend a whole lot more than an M+M stack on my ex wife or kids, but I have priorities. Would you get mad at me for having priorities? Gosh, I hope not.
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Thread. :) 25 seconds ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 55 seconds ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 1 minute ago
- › Buying JH Audio JH5 2 minutes ago
- › Post CanJam cynicism. 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Brainwavz Jive earphones - Tuned to preform like a... 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › iDAC2. iFi will Rock you Mac World! (page 34) 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2