Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Owners Unite - Page 188

post #2806 of 12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard View Post

 

Yep, we were sworn to secrecy. We still can't quote it, but the measurements should put to rest some of this "Schiit's a bunch of knuckle-draggers working in a garage with no test equipment making stuff that can't possibly measure well" nonsense.

 

 

Hey Jason, can you please check your email?  Thanks!

post #2807 of 12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen0ne View Post

 

Hey Jason, can you please check your email?  Thanks!

 

I always check my email. If I haven't responded, I didn't get it.

post #2808 of 12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard View Post

 

I always check my email. If I haven't responded, I didn't get it.

 

 

Looks like Alex responded and my problem is solved.  Can't wait to try out the Uber Bifrost and Asgard 2 which shipped today!

post #2809 of 12497

not having the mag,

I poked around the stereophile web site, but guess this new article/review has not been posted yet.


Once folks find it could you add the URL to this thread?

 

my BiFrost Uber USB2 hasn't let me down, but it's also my first desktop DAC so I don't have the victory dance of comparing it against other devices.

;-)

 

Thanks,

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post

 

I think you fared pretty well!  

 

Though I was SHOCKED to hear that the MSB Diamond, at $43,325.00 MSRP, sounded better than the Bifrost. wink.gif

 

I think that as a subscriber, I am allowed to quote a bit: "...the Bifrost has the highest ratio of value to price of any product I've reviewed."  cool.gif  beerchug.gif

post #2810 of 12497
Thread Starter 

Was it the uber Bifrost or stock?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post

 

I think you fared pretty well!  

 

Though I was SHOCKED to hear that the MSB Diamond, at $43,325.00 MSRP, sounded better than the Bifrost. wink.gif

 

I think that as a subscriber, I am allowed to quote a bit: "...the Bifrost has the highest ratio of value to price of any product I've reviewed."  cool.gif  beerchug.gif

post #2811 of 12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard View Post

 

Yep, we were sworn to secrecy. We still can't quote it, but the measurements should put to rest some of this "Schiit's a bunch of knuckle-draggers working in a garage with no test equipment making stuff that can't possibly measure well" nonsense.


What? None of that's true? Well Schiit!

 

I think you just lost a customer.... I only deal with fly-by-night operations....and knuckle-draggers forthat matter

 

damn! I better order one before they go on back order!! hahaha!

post #2812 of 12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

Was it the uber Bifrost or stock?

 

 

 

Both, the reviewer said the Uber upgrade was worth the money.  The Bifrost sounded and measured better with the Uber.

post #2813 of 12497
Thread Starter 

Thanks.  Good to know.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post

 

 

Both, the reviewer said the Uber upgrade was worth the money.  The Bifrost sounded and measured better with the Uber.

post #2814 of 12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post

I received this month's Stereophile today, and there's an review of the Bifrost!

Yep, got mine two days ago and I'm UK...
post #2815 of 12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by john777 View Post

Yep, got mine two days ago and I'm UK...

What is on the cover? August issue?
post #2816 of 12497

While it's cool to see one of my favorite companies getting some good ink, a lot of the review seemed like "praising with faint damn." Just wish they'd listened to the Gungnir, which puts the Bifrost in the shade.

 

Waiting for the Yggdrasil. BTW is that pronounced "Yig" as in what a Norseman might ask an Irishman to dance, or "Ig" as in Mr. Pop (last spotted in a Chrysler commercial with some fashion designer - what's up with that?)

 

Jason, how about some new t-shirts - "I'm a Schiithead" ...

post #2817 of 12497

Form Wikipedia:  In Norse mythology Yggdrasil (pronounced “IG-druh-sill”)

post #2818 of 12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post

While it's cool to see one of my favorite companies getting some good ink, a lot of the review seemed like "praising with faint damn." Just wish they'd listened to the Gungnir, which puts the Bifrost in the shade.

 

Waiting for the Yggdrasil. **BTW is that pronounced "Yig" as in what a Norseman might ask an Irishman to dance, or "Ig" as in Mr. Pop (last spotted in a Chrysler commercial with some fashion designer - what's up with that?)

 

***Jason, how about some new t-shirts - "I'm a Schiithead" ...

**Oh boy that's another $50  tongue.gif

 

***Absolutely! What a great idea.......

post #2819 of 12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsaxon69 View Post


What is on the cover? August issue?

Cover says "Rare Ayre"

post #2820 of 12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsaxon69 View Post

What is on the cover? August issue?

Photo of Ayre AX-5, and also, as we now know Real Cool Schiit: The All-American $449 Bifrost DAC

And a lot of entry-level gems, high-end analog, sexy speakers, hot tubes, Terence Blanchard, Hi-Fi to Go
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite