Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Owners Unite - Page 179

post #2671 of 5117

Sounds great, gefski. I think that is the route I will take too and very inexpensive. Yeah I like a lot of air circulation too.

post #2672 of 5117
Thread Starter 

I don't buy too much into it, either, and I've tried staging tests.  Haven't heard anything more than expectation bias.  But, I do enjoy how points look.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gefski View Post



I won't weigh in on the audibility debate regarding "cone point drain off energy vs. soft feet isolation", I just like lots of air circulation.
post #2673 of 5117
Love the Coppola quote Alexnova!
post #2674 of 5117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexnova View Post

I was just about to ask about feet for the Lyr too...

 

I lost the feet that came with the Lyr, what's the most inexpensive way to get some elevation on the Lyr? I was thinking of getting some rubber and cutting it up.
 

prepare for this...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

cheapest solution:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370775463396?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

 

more expensive ones, but inferior imo, but more quantity:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003IMSIBA

 

bbc audio, honestly for the built quality from the picture, I would pay double the price of dayton audio stuff.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120343818647

 

4 colors of Dayton Audio that someone else mentioned too(although I have considered them for a while)

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140975796306 honestly i agree with people's choice, black is the ****.no heat reflection. these things do conduct heat no matter the paint, so no difference in that regard, but black takes in radiation, so minimum reflection, not that the bulk of the dac top and lyr bottom is not radiating, just asthetic difference.

 

satin version

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dayton-Audio-ISO-4SN-Satin-Nickel-Isolation-Cone-Set-of-4-/130908145478?pt=US_Speaker_Mounts_Stands&hash=item1e7abbc746 

 

gold version

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dayton-Audio-ISO-4G-Gold-Isolation-Cone-Set-of-4-/140975802188?pt=US_Speaker_Mounts_Stands&hash=item20d2d0074c

 

chrome version

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dayton-Audio-ISO-4BC-Black-Chrome-Isolation-Cone-Set-of-4-/140975796255?pt=US_Speaker_Mounts_Stands&hash=item20d2cff01f

post #2675 of 5117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overwerk View Post

prepare for this...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

cheapest solution:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370775463396?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

 

more expensive ones, but inferior imo, but more quantity:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003IMSIBA

 

bbc audio, honestly for the built quality from the picture, I would pay double the price of dayton audio stuff.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120343818647

 

4 colors of Dayton Audio that someone else mentioned too(although I have considered them for a while)

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140975796306 honestly i agree with people's choice, black is the ****.no heat reflection. these things do conduct heat no matter the paint, so no difference in that regard, but black takes in radiation, so minimum reflection, not that the bulk of the dac top and lyr bottom is not radiating, just asthetic difference.

 

satin version

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dayton-Audio-ISO-4SN-Satin-Nickel-Isolation-Cone-Set-of-4-/130908145478?pt=US_Speaker_Mounts_Stands&hash=item1e7abbc746 

 

gold version

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dayton-Audio-ISO-4G-Gold-Isolation-Cone-Set-of-4-/140975802188?pt=US_Speaker_Mounts_Stands&hash=item20d2d0074c

 

chrome version

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dayton-Audio-ISO-4BC-Black-Chrome-Isolation-Cone-Set-of-4-/140975796255?pt=US_Speaker_Mounts_Stands&hash=item20d2cff01f


Wow! You're like the Rex Ryan of audio! wink_face.gif

 

All in good fun, of course! biggrin.gif Thanks for compiling the info!

 

Cheers

post #2676 of 5117

I think the isolation cones is pretty funny!  I have a set of "tone cones" here and some cups to use under them, but every time I think about doing it or adding my AudioQuest sorbathane feet to anything headphone related I can"t seem to do it because there is no sound being transmitted to the audio gear! It's headphones! Haha! I'll still probably do it to separate the Bifrost (don't have yet) from my Valhalla or my incoming Asgard 2 (depends on which one I pair it with).   beyersmile.png

post #2677 of 5117
No sound being transmitted to the audio gear? No traffic rumble, foot-fall, ambient noise or other vibration? Cool!

But yeah I don't know either. I get that (e.g.) differential lateral ground waves (traffic rumble flexing a house's foundations and putting speakers and listeners in a different phase) might reasonably modulate sound waves from speakers. Same might apply to turntables and microphonic tubes. But noticeably? IDK - an interesting thing to model.

With headphones though listener and transducers rock together so to speak. No differential; no modulation. As for (non-tube) electronics - I find it hard to see an obvious way in which physically vibrating an electronic chassis (I assume no significant, stray magnetic fields emanating from elsewhere) would modulate the signals the electronics is working on... confused.gif
post #2678 of 5117

Well we forgot to mention the biggest benefit....it looks cool!

 

You must live in a noisy environment!! a tin shack in the middle of NY city! haha!

post #2679 of 5117
Nope, live in the midst of agricultural country = usually very quiet but sometimes heavy machinery working near-by.

Or light pets jumping about even nearer-by biggrin.gif

And yep, gotta look cool!
post #2680 of 5117
Thread Starter 

All audio equipment is microphonic to some extent.  How much?  Depends on the gear.  Can you hear its effects?  Depends on the gear and your own hearing.

post #2681 of 5117
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

All audio equipment is microphonic to some extent.  How much?  Depends on the gear.  Can you hear its effects?  Depends on the gear and your own hearing.

I agree or I wouldn't own all that stuff, my point was more to the extreme of there is no 15" subwoofer banging away in the corner in a headphone setup, at least not in mine....haha!
post #2682 of 5117

Nah...im at about 500 hours now.  I would say the original rule of thumb is right....400 hours for full break in.  But I would say it was 80%-85% broken in at 200 hours.  Thats just a gut feeling though...not measured.
 

post #2683 of 5117

Ok so this comment was made in another thread and I wanted to post it here because I plan on getting the Bifrost Uber.

 

I have been looking for a cheap CD player that does digital coaxial S/PDIF out. If a $20 player acts the same as a $600 player when it comes to that output, then I'm getting that 20 dollar player

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogsurviver View Post

I am no expert in sending digital via SPDIF ( jitter, clock, etc ). You should check your DAC (manual, manufacturer, etc ) and see what they suggest. Some DACs are capable of restoring signal with very little jitter and the quality of transport or at least its SPDIFout does not matter much.

 

Jason or anybody here can you tell me the quality?

 

Thanks.

post #2684 of 5117
Thread Starter 

Any DAC worth having will re-clock all incoming signals.  Schiit DACs do.  Most DACs do it to some extent, but some do it better.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexnova View Post

Ok so this comment was made in another thread and I wanted to post it here because I plan on getting the Bifrost Uber.

 

I have been looking for a cheap CD player that does digital coaxial S/PDIF out. If a $20 player acts the same as a $600 player when it comes to that output, then I'm getting that 20 dollar player

 

 

Jason or anybody here can you tell me the quality?

 

Thanks.

post #2685 of 5117

So basically it doesn't matter what kind of player I use then, correct?
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite