Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Owners Unite - Page 171

post #2551 of 7950

Could someone blind test the monoprice rca cables and the PYST cables please? I'm actually considering the PYST cables but would like to know if it would improve clarity or if it is just the satisfaction that my money is going to a quality US company.

post #2552 of 7950
Thread Starter 

I have listened to $2 Radio Shack cables to uber expensive, cryo-treated with frozen unicorn tears cables, and I've never heard a difference in any of them.  Just buy a solid set of cables that will withstand years of bends, twists, and being connected and unconnected frequently.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post

Could someone blind test the monoprice rca cables and the PYST cables please? I'm actually considering the PYST cables but would like to know if it would improve clarity or if it is just the satisfaction that my money is going to a quality US company.

post #2553 of 7950
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

I have listened to $2 Radio Shack cables to uber expensive, cryo-treated with frozen unicorn tears cables, and I've never heard a difference in any of them.  Just buy a solid set of cables that will withstand years of bends, twists, and being connected and unconnected frequently.

 

Truth.  That's why I went with the Blue Jeans LC-1.  I know that it is giving a great electric signal (and thus doing no harm), but I also know that it's tough as hell.  It's the ol' "buy right or buy twice" thing.  Plus, I really believe in what they're doing and like to support them since their prices are fair.

post #2554 of 7950
Quick question, is the Uber Analog upgrade also available for the Gungnir or just for Bifrost? My Gungnir arives tomorrow biggrin.gif
post #2555 of 7950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerzom View Post

Quick question, is the Uber Analog upgrade also available for the Gungnir or just for Bifrost? My Gungnir arives tomorrow biggrin.gif

 

Sadly, only for Biftrost rolleyes.gif. I'm eagerly waiting for them to announce one for Gungnir beerchug.gif

post #2556 of 7950
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobbilly View Post

Sadly, only for Biftrost rolleyes.gif . I'm eagerly waiting for them to announce one for Gungnir beerchug.gif
Thats what I thought. Just read on a dutch forum somebody adding 2 uber analog boards to his Gungnir, but isn't that replacing them with the same boards?I thought the Bifrost uber upgrade is a board from the Gungnir?
post #2557 of 7950

Just a quick post:

 

 

On Schiit's site:

 

"Bifrost Uber: Even More Impressive Performance
Order the Bifrost Uber option, and you get a discrete analog stage based on the more advanced Gungnir DAC, with a sophisticated topology that improves sonic and measured performance, and a DC servo to eliminate capacitors in the signal path. Not that the base Bifrost is any slouch—it’s frequently been compared to DACs that cost 3-8x as much."
 
Looks like you'll already have it in the Gungnir! Let us know how it sounds. I have the Bifrost Uber and I love it.. 
post #2558 of 7950
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

I have listened to $2 Radio Shack cables to uber expensive, cryo-treated with frozen unicorn tears cables, and I've never heard a difference in any of them.  Just buy a solid set of cables that will withstand years of bends, twists, and being connected and unconnected frequently.

 

 

Cables are like anything in HiFi, you either hear it or you don't.  Some people think all amps sound the same.  I have some expensive cables, I hear different shades and signatures, it's worth it to me.  I believe every little thing in the chain is important and it is all cumulative. In my opinion every little tweak counts!

post #2559 of 7950

While the differences are quite subtle, I do notice a difference with the Blue Jeans LC-1 RCA interconnects. Everything sounds a bit more discreet and less muddled with them when compared with monoprice RCAs. YMMV. 

post #2560 of 7950

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S39864780/

 

Product dimensions
Width: 46 7/8 "
Depth: 11 "
 
I got one and there's plenty of space for my Schiit Stack with Pyst cables a PC and a printer. Bonus, a 1" gap to drop cords down between the shelf and the wall.
 
Just helping :)
post #2561 of 7950

Like to say, had my Schiit fired up all day and the old complaints about the units running hot are dead IMHO. I'm a ***** and I can stick my hands all over  these things with no problems. My Asgard 2 is pretty tame in the heat dept. but funny thing is the Bifrost is running the same temp approximately, to the touch. But, both are no sweat at this point. If I tossed you one or the other by surprise you'd flinch and then start smiling cause it ain't hot.

post #2562 of 7950

I just wish I would receive my Asgard 2, it has been on back order for going onto the third week.  Maybe no hum transformers are hard to find.

 

triportsad.gifTears soon!
 

post #2563 of 7950

Hang in there!! It's worth the wait. 

post #2564 of 7950
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninexnine View Post

I just wish I would receive my Asgard 2, it has been on back order for going onto the third week.  Maybe no hum transformers are hard to find.

 

triportsad.gifTears soon!
 


I was told another week or 2 the other day.

post #2565 of 7950
Cables: Hi-Fi News in the UK did a panel listen to USB cables last month. They were surprised by the size of the audible differences when feeding a MF M1 S-DAC from a laptop.
Chord silver plus topped the sensible priced.
Lower deterministic jitter and faster data edge risetimes lead to the panel using words such as spacious, smoother, crisper, delicacy, bass weight.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite