Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Owners Unite - Page 166

post #2476 of 6911
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiefresh67 View Post

Well, I've joined the Schiit Legions. I thought it would be appropriate to show these off right here in this thread.

I hope the link works....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97620041@N08/9051714379/

Cool pic! Nice setup! I should have my Valhalla on Monday and will get the DAC as $$ permits! So mine will look the same but with tubes coming out of the top. Haha!

So what phones are you driving with that setup?
post #2477 of 6911
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiefresh67 View Post

Well, I've joined the Schiit Legions. I thought it would be appropriate to show these off right here in this thread.

 

I hope the link works....

 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97620041@N08/9051714379/

Looks good!  You got it cranked too :)

(well, depending on what headphones you are using)

post #2478 of 6911

Sennheiser HD 558 or HD 380 Pro. The volume setting is anywhere between 10 and 12 depending....

I can say that for me, I can run a slightly higher volume on the 558s. Maybe due to the open design?

 

Just getting my feet wet with HiFi and so far very happy.

 

I picked up a Fostex HP-A3 for the laptop right before these arrived. I guess I could post a pic tomorrow. It's compact so it should travel easily enough. Sounds great to me.

 

See you guys at the Socal Meet if you're going.

post #2479 of 6911

Those levels are on the Lo gain setting, fyi....

post #2480 of 6911

I unboxed my new Bifrost Uber and Lyr last Friday and I'm loving the combo. I've been busy listening to music and enjoying the new sound. I'm still burning in the stock GE tubes before I try some other tubes. 

post #2481 of 6911
Try Siemens E288CC when you get rolling.
post #2482 of 6911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llloyd View Post

Not having heard the modi, I still feel it's the right pairing with the asgard if you never plan to upgrade. The bifrost is a little much for the asgard I would say from my experience.  Meaning the asgard does not reveal all the bifrost has to offer. Save yourself some money :)

 

What would you say about the Valhalla and Bifrost?

 

I guess I am mulling over what to get for my next setup. I really like my Magni+Modi stack (driving Beyer DT770s), it is in my weeknight "home away from home", and I am quite happy with that setup in that location. But I want something for my weekend home. And I want to improve on that setup.

 

I really like the Schiit gear (though I must admit I am tempted by the Bottlehead Crack, and yes I have sufficient electrical skill and equipment to assemble one). Nothing is set in stone, though I am also quite sure the statement gear is outside of my budget.

 

I'm also not sure what choice should come first, the cans or what drives them. I'll say I really like the bassy DT770's, but I'm not happy about the high end of those cans - bright in one spot, and weak in another. I suppose if I could find some cans with the same bass response and a flatter high end, that would be perfect. And I'm leaning towards a tube amp, though again nothing is set in stone.

 

I'm terrible, aren't I? wink_face.gif

post #2483 of 6911

If you're going BiFrost, why not pair it with the Lyr. I'm just about to pull the trigger on the Uber Bifrost. From what I hear the pairing is magical  biggrin.gif

post #2484 of 6911
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown View Post

If you're going BiFrost, why not pair it with the Lyr. I'm just about to pull the trigger on the Uber Bifrost. From what I hear the pairing is magical  biggrin.gif
That is probably the pairing that I will go for. Being able to upgrade the Bifrost is very attractive.
post #2485 of 6911
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

I suppose a lot of Mjolnirs will be for sale..
I'm definitely hoping for a great deal on one!
post #2486 of 6911

Ok so I have tried contacting Schiit about returning my Valhalla a couple times but haven't gotten any word back (going for a different amp). Would anyone be interested in Valhalla that was used for maybe 5 minutes?

post #2487 of 6911
Thread Starter 

I doubt some aspects of this post. 

 

1) Jason responds extremely quickly to any and all emails.  I've contacted him several times about various things, and he literally replies within minutes.

 

2) You used the amp for 5 minutes?  Really?  It barely warmed up and you can't form any sort of opinion about the amp after 5 minutes.  Your brain hasn't even adjusted to its sound signature.

 

People need to be a little more honest about dumping their unwanted gear.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post

Ok so I have tried contacting Schiit about returning my Valhalla a couple times but haven't gotten any word back (going for a different amp). Would anyone be interested in Valhalla that was used for maybe 5 minutes?

post #2488 of 6911
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

I doubt some aspects of this post. 

 

1) Jason responds extremely quickly to any and all emails.  I've contacted him several times about various things, and he literally replies within minutes.

 

2) You used the amp for 5 minutes?  Really?  It barely warmed up and you can't form any sort of opinion about the amp after 5 minutes.  Your brain hasn't even adjusted to its sound signature.

 

People need to be a little more honest about dumping their unwanted gear.

 

 

To be fair "only used it for about 5 minutes" tends to get used a lot as an expression, when something has been used for a negligible amount of time. Not justifying it and certainly not taking sides. Just playing Devil's advocate.

post #2489 of 6911
Thread Starter 

I understand that, and can appreciate your chiming in.  But when it comes to tube gear, up time is very important in the resale world.

 

Perhaps I'm overreacting, but I've been burned by bad misinformation.  My definition of "mint" isn't the same as some sellers, for example.  "Light" use also differs in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown View Post

 

To be fair "only used it for about 5 minutes" tends to get used a lot as an expression, when something has been used for a negligible amount of time. Not justifying it and certainly not taking sides. Just playing Devil's advocate.

post #2490 of 6911

Anyone have the Valhalla/AKG K702 95th Anniversary setup? I know it's not a 300 - 600 ohm headphone, but just wondering if anyone has or has tried the combo?

 

And since I am posing that here, what about that same AKG and the DragonFly?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Owners Unite