- 403 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 161post #2401 of 119116/13/13 at 6:39pmIs Ragnarok a balanced amp that also has TRS outs (like Liquid Gold) or an unbalanced amp that has XLR outs (like Liquid Glass)? I think it's probably balanced because it has the same circlotron-style output topology as Mjolnir, but can anybody confirm this?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2402 of 119116/13/13 at 7:09pmQuote:
Confirmed..post #2403 of 119116/13/13 at 7:10pmpost #2404 of 119116/13/13 at 7:27pmpost #2405 of 119116/13/13 at 7:32pmQuote:
I suppose a lot of Mjolnirs will be for sale..post #2406 of 119116/13/13 at 7:46pmpost #2407 of 119116/13/13 at 7:46pmMine will be I am curious how they implemented the single ended out though, since it sounds like they tried to add one to the Mjolnir but didn't like the way it sounded. I know they wont put out a schitty product (sorry, i had to) so I guess they must have figured it out I'm just wondering what they did to get it to work
Edited by mangler - 6/13/13 at 8:00pmpost #2408 of 119116/13/13 at 8:37pm
Meh, I didn't like 'em to begin withpost #2409 of 119116/13/13 at 9:40pmpost #2410 of 119116/13/13 at 9:55pm
Uber upgrade for Gungnir?? Seems like the next logical step for upgrades. Unless they're doin Valhalla 2 and Lyr 2post #2411 of 119116/13/13 at 10:11pmpost #2412 of 119116/13/13 at 10:45pm
Nope. They just didn't do it for me. Tried them with the HD800, LCD2 and HE-6. It felt shouty with all of them, particularly the LCD2.post #2413 of 119116/14/13 at 12:10amQuote:
So what amp did you like better with the LCD-2?post #2414 of 119116/14/13 at 12:24am
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Band Name Game II 3 seconds ago
- › Tidal vs Spotify 8 seconds ago
- › $1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus... 19 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...