Anybody else get their Bifrost with Uber setup and listened to? I get mine on monday and this is my first bifrost, so I really compare it to much. I would love to hear some impressions of the bifrost with uber compared to the Gungnir.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought these back in 2000 for full retail, which was a lot of money for me at the time. I got to A/B these at a hi-fi shop using my reference CD. I listened to the HD600 and the HD590. I...
Acknowledgment Thank you HiFiMAN for providing this review unit on loan in exchange for my honest opinion.Introduction HiFiMAN has been around a long time now. They’ve gone from bargain OEM...
INTRO:- Shozy, A brand that hails from HongKong, going strong since 2012, better known for their amplifiers, DAPs and DACs has the mighty popular Shozy Alien that looks, sounds and...
1) Disclaimer: A big thanks to Charles and Burson for offering me a review sample of the V5i dual op-amps in exchange for my honest opinion on them. No other compensation was offered or implied....
Being a tester and owner of many digital portable players , I had to participate to the head-fi review tour for Soundaware, especially since all the players of the brand have interested me for...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 137
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2042 of 121675/3/13 at 2:40amYeah I am interested in a Bifrost/Gungnir comparison as well. As someone who has done the upgrade to the "uber" board, I have to say it is a huge improvement over the vanilla Bifrost. I am just wondering how close it comes to Gungnir. As a side note, the "uber" is a lot less forgiving with low quality source files, some of my older collection of mp3s are definitely going to need to be revisited and re-ripped. They aren't unlistenable or anything, but this version of Bifrost is much much more revealing. I no longer feel any need to upgrade my DAC, headphones or amp, but my source files need a serious audit right now.post #2043 of 121675/3/13 at 4:00amQuote:
Don't forget that this is MalveauX for May month...
Very best....post #2044 of 121675/3/13 at 6:08amQuote:Originally Posted by toschek
Yeah I am interested in a Bifrost/Gungnir comparison as well. As someone who has done the upgrade to the "uber" board, I have to say it is a huge improvement over the vanilla Bifrost. I am just wondering how close it comes to Gungnir. As a side note, the "uber" is a lot less forgiving with low quality source files, some of my older collection of mp3s are definitely going to need to be revisited and re-ripped. They aren't unlistenable or anything, but this version of Bifrost is much much more revealing. I no longer feel any need to upgrade my DAC, headphones or amp, but my source files need a serious audit right now.
How is it less forgiving? It doesn't brighten them up, does it? I like a dark, warm, sound signature.post #2045 of 121675/3/13 at 7:58ampost #2046 of 121675/3/13 at 8:34am
For anyone who owns the Schiit Bifrost and would like to upgrade the analog board (aka "Uber"), I've posted a pictorial guide on how to DIY here:
Best of luck!post #2047 of 121675/3/13 at 8:36amQuote:
No, it isn't bright, just more resolving. You can tell if your source is a low quality mp3 just because of the enhanced DAC resolution. Your Schiit won't sound awful, but you'll want to re-rip if you can.post #2048 of 121675/3/13 at 10:30amQuote:
Edited by paradoxper - 5/3/13 at 10:32ampost #2049 of 121675/3/13 at 6:29pmpost #2050 of 121675/3/13 at 6:30pmpost #2051 of 121675/7/13 at 8:51ampost #2052 of 121675/7/13 at 9:10ampost #2053 of 121675/7/13 at 10:31ampost #2054 of 121675/7/13 at 3:50pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › NG Audio - new high-end IEM and CIEM company with some pretty... 49 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 7 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...