Anybody else get their Bifrost with Uber setup and listened to? I get mine on monday and this is my first bifrost, so I really compare it to much. I would love to hear some impressions of the bifrost with uber compared to the Gungnir.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
THIS IS MY FIRST REVIEW I bought this pair of earphones as a cheap alternative for my broken phone earphones. Once I bought it, I never heard of the brand SoundMagic before yet, and doubted the...
Introduction I recently participated in the OPPO PM-1 loaner program -- many thanks to Chris and the folks at OPPO for providing this wonderful opportunity! I was able to demo the PM-1 headphones...
The Head-Fi website is a place for many good things related to headphones, amplifiers, Digital Audio Players (DAPS), and many more items. Manufacturers will often promote their new items on the...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 137
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2042 of 117315/3/13 at 2:40amYeah I am interested in a Bifrost/Gungnir comparison as well. As someone who has done the upgrade to the "uber" board, I have to say it is a huge improvement over the vanilla Bifrost. I am just wondering how close it comes to Gungnir. As a side note, the "uber" is a lot less forgiving with low quality source files, some of my older collection of mp3s are definitely going to need to be revisited and re-ripped. They aren't unlistenable or anything, but this version of Bifrost is much much more revealing. I no longer feel any need to upgrade my DAC, headphones or amp, but my source files need a serious audit right now.post #2043 of 117315/3/13 at 4:00amQuote:
Don't forget that this is MalveauX for May month...
Very best....post #2044 of 117315/3/13 at 6:08amQuote:Originally Posted by toschek
Yeah I am interested in a Bifrost/Gungnir comparison as well. As someone who has done the upgrade to the "uber" board, I have to say it is a huge improvement over the vanilla Bifrost. I am just wondering how close it comes to Gungnir. As a side note, the "uber" is a lot less forgiving with low quality source files, some of my older collection of mp3s are definitely going to need to be revisited and re-ripped. They aren't unlistenable or anything, but this version of Bifrost is much much more revealing. I no longer feel any need to upgrade my DAC, headphones or amp, but my source files need a serious audit right now.
How is it less forgiving? It doesn't brighten them up, does it? I like a dark, warm, sound signature.post #2045 of 117315/3/13 at 7:58ampost #2046 of 117315/3/13 at 8:34am
For anyone who owns the Schiit Bifrost and would like to upgrade the analog board (aka "Uber"), I've posted a pictorial guide on how to DIY here:
Best of luck!post #2047 of 117315/3/13 at 8:36amQuote:
No, it isn't bright, just more resolving. You can tell if your source is a low quality mp3 just because of the enhanced DAC resolution. Your Schiit won't sound awful, but you'll want to re-rip if you can.post #2048 of 117315/3/13 at 10:30amQuote:
Edited by paradoxper - 5/3/13 at 10:32ampost #2049 of 117315/3/13 at 6:29pmpost #2050 of 117315/3/13 at 6:30pmpost #2051 of 117315/7/13 at 8:51ampost #2052 of 117315/7/13 at 9:10ampost #2053 of 117315/7/13 at 10:31ampost #2054 of 117315/7/13 at 3:50pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 29 seconds ago
- › Ausdom ANC7 Active Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphone Impressions... 34 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › Philips SHG7980 PC Gaming Headset With Adjustable Microphone by Triquatra
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by H20Fidelity
- › IHIFI-812V2 by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse