Anybody else get their Bifrost with Uber setup and listened to? I get mine on monday and this is my first bifrost, so I really compare it to much. I would love to hear some impressions of the bifrost with uber compared to the Gungnir.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12More
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 137
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2042 of 111155/3/13 at 2:40amYeah I am interested in a Bifrost/Gungnir comparison as well. As someone who has done the upgrade to the "uber" board, I have to say it is a huge improvement over the vanilla Bifrost. I am just wondering how close it comes to Gungnir. As a side note, the "uber" is a lot less forgiving with low quality source files, some of my older collection of mp3s are definitely going to need to be revisited and re-ripped. They aren't unlistenable or anything, but this version of Bifrost is much much more revealing. I no longer feel any need to upgrade my DAC, headphones or amp, but my source files need a serious audit right now.post #2043 of 111155/3/13 at 4:00amQuote:
Don't forget that this is MalveauX for May month...
Very best....post #2044 of 111155/3/13 at 6:08amQuote:Originally Posted by toschek
Yeah I am interested in a Bifrost/Gungnir comparison as well. As someone who has done the upgrade to the "uber" board, I have to say it is a huge improvement over the vanilla Bifrost. I am just wondering how close it comes to Gungnir. As a side note, the "uber" is a lot less forgiving with low quality source files, some of my older collection of mp3s are definitely going to need to be revisited and re-ripped. They aren't unlistenable or anything, but this version of Bifrost is much much more revealing. I no longer feel any need to upgrade my DAC, headphones or amp, but my source files need a serious audit right now.
How is it less forgiving? It doesn't brighten them up, does it? I like a dark, warm, sound signature.post #2045 of 111155/3/13 at 7:58ampost #2046 of 111155/3/13 at 8:34am
For anyone who owns the Schiit Bifrost and would like to upgrade the analog board (aka "Uber"), I've posted a pictorial guide on how to DIY here:
Best of luck!post #2047 of 111155/3/13 at 8:36amQuote:
No, it isn't bright, just more resolving. You can tell if your source is a low quality mp3 just because of the enhanced DAC resolution. Your Schiit won't sound awful, but you'll want to re-rip if you can.post #2048 of 111155/3/13 at 10:30amQuote:
Edited by paradoxper - 5/3/13 at 10:32ampost #2049 of 111155/3/13 at 6:29pmpost #2050 of 111155/3/13 at 6:30pmpost #2051 of 111155/7/13 at 8:51ampost #2052 of 111155/7/13 at 9:10ampost #2053 of 111155/7/13 at 10:31ampost #2054 of 111155/7/13 at 3:50pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 20 seconds ago
- › NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Best Single Driver IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Hiss with Modi/Magni combo 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Astell and Kern AK100 MODIFIED with Leather Case and 2 X 32GB... 3 minutes ago
- › New member roll call 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2