+1 No way I'm sending my bifrost through usps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12More
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 134post #1996 of 85024/27/13 at 5:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1997 of 85024/27/13 at 6:45pmpost #1998 of 85024/27/13 at 7:26pm
When they get here... But I'm going out of town in a week. I just hope they get here before then.post #1999 of 85024/27/13 at 7:49pmThread Starter
The Lyr drives a wider range of headphones. The Valhalla is best suited for high impedance headphones.post #2000 of 85024/27/13 at 10:41pm
Right now my setup is a laptop / Flac files > Nuforce Icon HD > Sennheiser Hd600's. I'm waiting on a recently purchased Schitt Bifrost (I'll be using the optical from my laptop) and Asgard 2 to run my HD600's through. Anybody have experience with these two setups or something similar and have an opinion on what kind of improvement, if any, I should expect in sound quality? Thanks in advance, I've really enjoyed reading this thread.post #2001 of 85024/27/13 at 11:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by elwappo99
Looks like the first wave of upgrades are available for DACs
I just ordered mine too. I'll try to take pictures of the upgrade process so people can DIY if they feel like it.post #2002 of 85024/28/13 at 4:20pm
Wondering if the hybrid statement amp will use tubes of the same size as the Lyr. It would be nice if it is because that way people who owned the Lyr can roll their tubes in the statement without buying new separate ones XDpost #2003 of 85024/28/13 at 4:41pm
I am posting this not as a complaint but as a question as people here seem very knowledgeable. I received my magni on Friday and have been listening to it since then. I absolutely love the sound through my AKG Q701's but early Sunday morning, while I was listening to some classical, I noticed a low hum in the left channel. After a couple of seconds, it got very loud and I noticed some heat radiate against my left ear. I quickly switched the amp off, waited a few seconds and switched it back on, The hum/buzz got very loud very quickly and I switched it off again. I plugged my headphones into the headphone amp in my ipod and the theft side is distorted but the right is fine. I used a ipod dock with a line out to the magni so felt it was the fault of the amp. I emailed schiit and Jason got back to me very quickly and suggested I send it back but now my headphones are damaged and I am not sure if I can get them replaced without charge. Jason did suggest that it may be a problem with the ipod, here is what he said "Your iPod. It might have a problem, too. Or it could be the cause, if it has DC offset"
I don't know what this means and I am hoping someone here could explain what he means as I don't want this to happen again.
post #2004 of 85024/28/13 at 7:06pmQuote:
It will not as of the current info available about it, they haven't announced which tubes it will use so that might change. For now I would count on them being different.post #2005 of 85024/28/13 at 7:20pmpost #2006 of 85024/29/13 at 10:16amQuote:
Please do - I am definitely interested in seeing how easy or hard this is to do on your own.
Edited by richpjr - 4/29/13 at 12:55pmpost #2007 of 85024/29/13 at 11:24ampost #2008 of 85024/29/13 at 12:10pmpost #2009 of 85024/29/13 at 8:47pmQuote:
+1.... Please do....I got a notification saying that they have been shipped out. I am planning to DIY so need all the help I can get. If I screw it up, well, hello Gungnir
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 31 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 35 seconds ago
- › Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Doodlebug - USB Isolator 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)