+1 No way I'm sending my bifrost through usps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 134post #1996 of 62124/27/13 at 5:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1997 of 62124/27/13 at 6:45pmpost #1998 of 62124/27/13 at 7:26pm
When they get here... But I'm going out of town in a week. I just hope they get here before then.post #1999 of 62124/27/13 at 7:49pmThread Starter
The Lyr drives a wider range of headphones. The Valhalla is best suited for high impedance headphones.post #2000 of 62124/27/13 at 10:41pm
Right now my setup is a laptop / Flac files > Nuforce Icon HD > Sennheiser Hd600's. I'm waiting on a recently purchased Schitt Bifrost (I'll be using the optical from my laptop) and Asgard 2 to run my HD600's through. Anybody have experience with these two setups or something similar and have an opinion on what kind of improvement, if any, I should expect in sound quality? Thanks in advance, I've really enjoyed reading this thread.post #2001 of 62124/27/13 at 11:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by elwappo99
Looks like the first wave of upgrades are available for DACs
I just ordered mine too. I'll try to take pictures of the upgrade process so people can DIY if they feel like it.post #2002 of 62124/28/13 at 4:20pm
Wondering if the hybrid statement amp will use tubes of the same size as the Lyr. It would be nice if it is because that way people who owned the Lyr can roll their tubes in the statement without buying new separate ones XDpost #2003 of 62124/28/13 at 4:41pm
I am posting this not as a complaint but as a question as people here seem very knowledgeable. I received my magni on Friday and have been listening to it since then. I absolutely love the sound through my AKG Q701's but early Sunday morning, while I was listening to some classical, I noticed a low hum in the left channel. After a couple of seconds, it got very loud and I noticed some heat radiate against my left ear. I quickly switched the amp off, waited a few seconds and switched it back on, The hum/buzz got very loud very quickly and I switched it off again. I plugged my headphones into the headphone amp in my ipod and the theft side is distorted but the right is fine. I used a ipod dock with a line out to the magni so felt it was the fault of the amp. I emailed schiit and Jason got back to me very quickly and suggested I send it back but now my headphones are damaged and I am not sure if I can get them replaced without charge. Jason did suggest that it may be a problem with the ipod, here is what he said "Your iPod. It might have a problem, too. Or it could be the cause, if it has DC offset"
I don't know what this means and I am hoping someone here could explain what he means as I don't want this to happen again.
post #2004 of 62124/28/13 at 7:06pmQuote:
It will not as of the current info available about it, they haven't announced which tubes it will use so that might change. For now I would count on them being different.post #2005 of 62124/28/13 at 7:20pmpost #2006 of 62124/29/13 at 10:16amQuote:
Please do - I am definitely interested in seeing how easy or hard this is to do on your own.
Edited by richpjr - 4/29/13 at 12:55pmpost #2007 of 62124/29/13 at 11:24ampost #2008 of 62124/29/13 at 12:10pmpost #2009 of 62124/29/13 at 8:47pmQuote:
+1.... Please do....I got a notification saying that they have been shipped out. I am planning to DIY so need all the help I can get. If I screw it up, well, hello Gungnir
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 27 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › JH Roxanne with AK 240 special edition for japan market only AKR 03 1 minute ago
- › Suggestions on upgrade from Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro's? 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by hans030390
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)