+1 No way I'm sending my bifrost through usps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12More
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 134post #1996 of 97124/27/13 at 5:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1997 of 97124/27/13 at 6:45pmpost #1998 of 97124/27/13 at 7:26pm
When they get here... But I'm going out of town in a week. I just hope they get here before then.post #1999 of 97124/27/13 at 7:49pmThread Starter
The Lyr drives a wider range of headphones. The Valhalla is best suited for high impedance headphones.post #2000 of 97124/27/13 at 10:41pm
Right now my setup is a laptop / Flac files > Nuforce Icon HD > Sennheiser Hd600's. I'm waiting on a recently purchased Schitt Bifrost (I'll be using the optical from my laptop) and Asgard 2 to run my HD600's through. Anybody have experience with these two setups or something similar and have an opinion on what kind of improvement, if any, I should expect in sound quality? Thanks in advance, I've really enjoyed reading this thread.post #2001 of 97124/27/13 at 11:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by elwappo99
Looks like the first wave of upgrades are available for DACs
I just ordered mine too. I'll try to take pictures of the upgrade process so people can DIY if they feel like it.post #2002 of 97124/28/13 at 4:20pm
Wondering if the hybrid statement amp will use tubes of the same size as the Lyr. It would be nice if it is because that way people who owned the Lyr can roll their tubes in the statement without buying new separate ones XDpost #2003 of 97124/28/13 at 4:41pm
I am posting this not as a complaint but as a question as people here seem very knowledgeable. I received my magni on Friday and have been listening to it since then. I absolutely love the sound through my AKG Q701's but early Sunday morning, while I was listening to some classical, I noticed a low hum in the left channel. After a couple of seconds, it got very loud and I noticed some heat radiate against my left ear. I quickly switched the amp off, waited a few seconds and switched it back on, The hum/buzz got very loud very quickly and I switched it off again. I plugged my headphones into the headphone amp in my ipod and the theft side is distorted but the right is fine. I used a ipod dock with a line out to the magni so felt it was the fault of the amp. I emailed schiit and Jason got back to me very quickly and suggested I send it back but now my headphones are damaged and I am not sure if I can get them replaced without charge. Jason did suggest that it may be a problem with the ipod, here is what he said "Your iPod. It might have a problem, too. Or it could be the cause, if it has DC offset"
I don't know what this means and I am hoping someone here could explain what he means as I don't want this to happen again.
post #2004 of 97124/28/13 at 7:06pmQuote:
It will not as of the current info available about it, they haven't announced which tubes it will use so that might change. For now I would count on them being different.post #2005 of 97124/28/13 at 7:20pmpost #2006 of 97124/29/13 at 10:16amQuote:
Please do - I am definitely interested in seeing how easy or hard this is to do on your own.
Edited by richpjr - 4/29/13 at 12:55pmpost #2007 of 97124/29/13 at 11:24ampost #2008 of 97124/29/13 at 12:10pmpost #2009 of 97124/29/13 at 8:47pmQuote:
+1.... Please do....I got a notification saying that they have been shipped out. I am planning to DIY so need all the help I can get. If I screw it up, well, hello Gungnir
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 49 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- ONLY 12 HOURS AWAY!!! 1 minute ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Help to choose headphone. Alternative to P7? Pair with DAC? 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica debuts three new pairs of headphones ATH-R70x,... 8 minutes ago
- › On Ear Headphones for 100$ 11 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 11 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2