+1 No way I'm sending my bifrost through usps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 134post #1996 of 119834/27/13 at 5:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1997 of 119834/27/13 at 6:45pmpost #1998 of 119834/27/13 at 7:26pm
When they get here... But I'm going out of town in a week. I just hope they get here before then.post #1999 of 119834/27/13 at 7:49pmThread Starter
The Lyr drives a wider range of headphones. The Valhalla is best suited for high impedance headphones.post #2000 of 119834/27/13 at 10:41pm
Right now my setup is a laptop / Flac files > Nuforce Icon HD > Sennheiser Hd600's. I'm waiting on a recently purchased Schitt Bifrost (I'll be using the optical from my laptop) and Asgard 2 to run my HD600's through. Anybody have experience with these two setups or something similar and have an opinion on what kind of improvement, if any, I should expect in sound quality? Thanks in advance, I've really enjoyed reading this thread.post #2001 of 119834/27/13 at 11:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by elwappo99
Looks like the first wave of upgrades are available for DACs
I just ordered mine too. I'll try to take pictures of the upgrade process so people can DIY if they feel like it.post #2002 of 119834/28/13 at 4:20pm
Wondering if the hybrid statement amp will use tubes of the same size as the Lyr. It would be nice if it is because that way people who owned the Lyr can roll their tubes in the statement without buying new separate ones XDpost #2003 of 119834/28/13 at 4:41pm
I am posting this not as a complaint but as a question as people here seem very knowledgeable. I received my magni on Friday and have been listening to it since then. I absolutely love the sound through my AKG Q701's but early Sunday morning, while I was listening to some classical, I noticed a low hum in the left channel. After a couple of seconds, it got very loud and I noticed some heat radiate against my left ear. I quickly switched the amp off, waited a few seconds and switched it back on, The hum/buzz got very loud very quickly and I switched it off again. I plugged my headphones into the headphone amp in my ipod and the theft side is distorted but the right is fine. I used a ipod dock with a line out to the magni so felt it was the fault of the amp. I emailed schiit and Jason got back to me very quickly and suggested I send it back but now my headphones are damaged and I am not sure if I can get them replaced without charge. Jason did suggest that it may be a problem with the ipod, here is what he said "Your iPod. It might have a problem, too. Or it could be the cause, if it has DC offset"
I don't know what this means and I am hoping someone here could explain what he means as I don't want this to happen again.
post #2004 of 119834/28/13 at 7:06pmQuote:
It will not as of the current info available about it, they haven't announced which tubes it will use so that might change. For now I would count on them being different.post #2005 of 119834/28/13 at 7:20pmpost #2006 of 119834/29/13 at 10:16amQuote:
Please do - I am definitely interested in seeing how easy or hard this is to do on your own.
Edited by richpjr - 4/29/13 at 12:55pmpost #2007 of 119834/29/13 at 11:24ampost #2008 of 119834/29/13 at 12:10pmpost #2009 of 119834/29/13 at 8:47pmQuote:
+1.... Please do....I got a notification saying that they have been shipped out. I am planning to DIY so need all the help I can get. If I screw it up, well, hello Gungnir
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 35 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 57 seconds ago
- › Audiophile iOS audio player 2 minutes ago
- › Popular Classical Music 5 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › AKG's new K872? 6 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 6 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 12 minutes ago
- › ASUS Essence One MKII Fixed Line Out 12 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...