+1 No way I'm sending my bifrost through usps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 134post #1996 of 120944/27/13 at 5:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1997 of 120944/27/13 at 6:45pmpost #1998 of 120944/27/13 at 7:26pm
When they get here... But I'm going out of town in a week. I just hope they get here before then.post #1999 of 120944/27/13 at 7:49pmThread Starter
The Lyr drives a wider range of headphones. The Valhalla is best suited for high impedance headphones.post #2000 of 120944/27/13 at 10:41pm
Right now my setup is a laptop / Flac files > Nuforce Icon HD > Sennheiser Hd600's. I'm waiting on a recently purchased Schitt Bifrost (I'll be using the optical from my laptop) and Asgard 2 to run my HD600's through. Anybody have experience with these two setups or something similar and have an opinion on what kind of improvement, if any, I should expect in sound quality? Thanks in advance, I've really enjoyed reading this thread.post #2001 of 120944/27/13 at 11:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by elwappo99
Looks like the first wave of upgrades are available for DACs
I just ordered mine too. I'll try to take pictures of the upgrade process so people can DIY if they feel like it.post #2002 of 120944/28/13 at 4:20pm
Wondering if the hybrid statement amp will use tubes of the same size as the Lyr. It would be nice if it is because that way people who owned the Lyr can roll their tubes in the statement without buying new separate ones XDpost #2003 of 120944/28/13 at 4:41pm
I am posting this not as a complaint but as a question as people here seem very knowledgeable. I received my magni on Friday and have been listening to it since then. I absolutely love the sound through my AKG Q701's but early Sunday morning, while I was listening to some classical, I noticed a low hum in the left channel. After a couple of seconds, it got very loud and I noticed some heat radiate against my left ear. I quickly switched the amp off, waited a few seconds and switched it back on, The hum/buzz got very loud very quickly and I switched it off again. I plugged my headphones into the headphone amp in my ipod and the theft side is distorted but the right is fine. I used a ipod dock with a line out to the magni so felt it was the fault of the amp. I emailed schiit and Jason got back to me very quickly and suggested I send it back but now my headphones are damaged and I am not sure if I can get them replaced without charge. Jason did suggest that it may be a problem with the ipod, here is what he said "Your iPod. It might have a problem, too. Or it could be the cause, if it has DC offset"
I don't know what this means and I am hoping someone here could explain what he means as I don't want this to happen again.
post #2004 of 120944/28/13 at 7:06pmQuote:
It will not as of the current info available about it, they haven't announced which tubes it will use so that might change. For now I would count on them being different.post #2005 of 120944/28/13 at 7:20pmpost #2006 of 120944/29/13 at 10:16amQuote:
Please do - I am definitely interested in seeing how easy or hard this is to do on your own.
Edited by richpjr - 4/29/13 at 12:55pmpost #2007 of 120944/29/13 at 11:24ampost #2008 of 120944/29/13 at 12:10pmpost #2009 of 120944/29/13 at 8:47pmQuote:
+1.... Please do....I got a notification saying that they have been shipped out. I am planning to DIY so need all the help I can get. If I screw it up, well, hello Gungnir
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Lots of changes to USB Audio in Windows 10 build 14931 11 seconds ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Does a better quality USB cable influence sound? 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Should I upgrade my DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...