My Bifrost has arrived. I can't listen to until after the work and gym. 7 more hours.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 127post #1891 of 71704/15/13 at 8:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1892 of 71704/15/13 at 8:42amThread Starterpost #1893 of 71704/16/13 at 8:00am
I listened to the Bifrost -- > Asgard --- > Grado SR225 setup last night. I am very used to the Asgard and SR225 sound. The Bifrost clearly out-classed my older X-Fi Fatality sound card. The audio has clearer/deeper bass, clearer treble, and a much smoother sound than the sound card. Music also is also perceived as wider in the headphones and less grainy than the soundcard. This is definitely an excellent quality product. I support Schiit. I also can't wait to hear some other amps, DACs, and headphones. This is a great hobby.post #1894 of 71704/17/13 at 12:52pm
Well my Lyr is sitting in my truck waiting for me to finish work for the day. 6 business day from California to NW Ontario via USPS. I'm impressed. I'm very much looking forward to firing this baby up.post #1895 of 71704/17/13 at 4:43pmQuote:
Sweet! What tubes will you be starting out with?post #1896 of 71704/17/13 at 4:59pm
It came with 6BQ7A which I'm listening to right now on my HD600s. My wallet had a lock put on it, so I'm going to give these a good go first. We'll definitely see how these perform after some good run time on them. The rolling thread is calling me though.post #1897 of 71704/17/13 at 5:02pmpost #1898 of 71704/17/13 at 5:09pmQuote:
If you want to just get some great tubes without breaking the bank, just look up Mercedesman6572 on ebay and buy some Amperex Bugle Boys. You pay around $80 or less for a pair of gently used tubes, they'll sound terrific, and you can avoid the Tube Rolling thread altogether...
Here, these will do nicely:
Of course, you're always welcome in the rolling thread, but be warned, tube rolling is a sickness! Save yourself!post #1899 of 71704/17/13 at 5:32pm
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm still going to have to wait a bit. The Lyr was already a jump up from my original budget of going with the Asgard 2. Just need to put some time between this purchase and my next. Gotta reload my mad money fund.post #1900 of 71704/17/13 at 5:49pmQuote:
If the time comes that money is there, and you want to use the one shot/one kill approach, just look up Mercedesman and see if he has Amperex Bugle Boys or Amperex Orange Globes. Otherwise, there's help in the rolling thread.post #1901 of 71704/17/13 at 5:57pmpost #1902 of 71704/18/13 at 5:04am
That was good advise he gave you, and those were good suggestions on a couple good sounding tubes.
I will say it again, stay out of the tube rolling thread unless you are the non-compulsive type. It's a slippery slope that sucks you in.............post #1903 of 71704/18/13 at 5:19ampost #1904 of 71704/18/13 at 5:28amQuote:
I have 15 pair of tubes and still not happy.post #1905 of 71704/18/13 at 5:39amThread Starter
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › WTB - Audeze LCD2.2 or entry level Stax Rig 49 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › Got The Brainwavz S0 Today!! 1 minute ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 1 minute ago
- › HD600 uncomfortable 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)