My Bifrost has arrived. I can't listen to until after the work and gym. 7 more hours.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 127post #1891 of 69944/15/13 at 8:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1892 of 69944/15/13 at 8:42amThread Starterpost #1893 of 69944/16/13 at 8:00am
I listened to the Bifrost -- > Asgard --- > Grado SR225 setup last night. I am very used to the Asgard and SR225 sound. The Bifrost clearly out-classed my older X-Fi Fatality sound card. The audio has clearer/deeper bass, clearer treble, and a much smoother sound than the sound card. Music also is also perceived as wider in the headphones and less grainy than the soundcard. This is definitely an excellent quality product. I support Schiit. I also can't wait to hear some other amps, DACs, and headphones. This is a great hobby.post #1894 of 69944/17/13 at 12:52pm
Well my Lyr is sitting in my truck waiting for me to finish work for the day. 6 business day from California to NW Ontario via USPS. I'm impressed. I'm very much looking forward to firing this baby up.post #1895 of 69944/17/13 at 4:43pmQuote:
Sweet! What tubes will you be starting out with?post #1896 of 69944/17/13 at 4:59pm
It came with 6BQ7A which I'm listening to right now on my HD600s. My wallet had a lock put on it, so I'm going to give these a good go first. We'll definitely see how these perform after some good run time on them. The rolling thread is calling me though.post #1897 of 69944/17/13 at 5:02pmpost #1898 of 69944/17/13 at 5:09pmQuote:
If you want to just get some great tubes without breaking the bank, just look up Mercedesman6572 on ebay and buy some Amperex Bugle Boys. You pay around $80 or less for a pair of gently used tubes, they'll sound terrific, and you can avoid the Tube Rolling thread altogether...
Here, these will do nicely:
Of course, you're always welcome in the rolling thread, but be warned, tube rolling is a sickness! Save yourself!post #1899 of 69944/17/13 at 5:32pm
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm still going to have to wait a bit. The Lyr was already a jump up from my original budget of going with the Asgard 2. Just need to put some time between this purchase and my next. Gotta reload my mad money fund.post #1900 of 69944/17/13 at 5:49pmQuote:
If the time comes that money is there, and you want to use the one shot/one kill approach, just look up Mercedesman and see if he has Amperex Bugle Boys or Amperex Orange Globes. Otherwise, there's help in the rolling thread.post #1901 of 69944/17/13 at 5:57pmpost #1902 of 69944/18/13 at 5:04am
That was good advise he gave you, and those were good suggestions on a couple good sounding tubes.
I will say it again, stay out of the tube rolling thread unless you are the non-compulsive type. It's a slippery slope that sucks you in.............post #1903 of 69944/18/13 at 5:19ampost #1904 of 69944/18/13 at 5:28amQuote:
I have 15 pair of tubes and still not happy.post #1905 of 69944/18/13 at 5:39amThread Starter
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 51 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 57 seconds ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 1 minute ago
- › iem for 30-40$? 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 vs Stax 507 with Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for used headphones, but cautious 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Kogan MP4 Player 7 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)