My Bifrost has arrived. I can't listen to until after the work and gym. 7 more hours.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 127post #1891 of 119814/15/13 at 8:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1892 of 119814/15/13 at 8:42amThread Starterpost #1893 of 119814/16/13 at 8:00am
I listened to the Bifrost -- > Asgard --- > Grado SR225 setup last night. I am very used to the Asgard and SR225 sound. The Bifrost clearly out-classed my older X-Fi Fatality sound card. The audio has clearer/deeper bass, clearer treble, and a much smoother sound than the sound card. Music also is also perceived as wider in the headphones and less grainy than the soundcard. This is definitely an excellent quality product. I support Schiit. I also can't wait to hear some other amps, DACs, and headphones. This is a great hobby.post #1894 of 119814/17/13 at 12:52pm
Well my Lyr is sitting in my truck waiting for me to finish work for the day. 6 business day from California to NW Ontario via USPS. I'm impressed. I'm very much looking forward to firing this baby up.post #1895 of 119814/17/13 at 4:43pmQuote:
Sweet! What tubes will you be starting out with?post #1896 of 119814/17/13 at 4:59pm
It came with 6BQ7A which I'm listening to right now on my HD600s. My wallet had a lock put on it, so I'm going to give these a good go first. We'll definitely see how these perform after some good run time on them. The rolling thread is calling me though.post #1897 of 119814/17/13 at 5:02pmpost #1898 of 119814/17/13 at 5:09pmQuote:
If you want to just get some great tubes without breaking the bank, just look up Mercedesman6572 on ebay and buy some Amperex Bugle Boys. You pay around $80 or less for a pair of gently used tubes, they'll sound terrific, and you can avoid the Tube Rolling thread altogether...
Here, these will do nicely:
Of course, you're always welcome in the rolling thread, but be warned, tube rolling is a sickness! Save yourself!post #1899 of 119814/17/13 at 5:32pm
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm still going to have to wait a bit. The Lyr was already a jump up from my original budget of going with the Asgard 2. Just need to put some time between this purchase and my next. Gotta reload my mad money fund.post #1900 of 119814/17/13 at 5:49pmQuote:
If the time comes that money is there, and you want to use the one shot/one kill approach, just look up Mercedesman and see if he has Amperex Bugle Boys or Amperex Orange Globes. Otherwise, there's help in the rolling thread.post #1901 of 119814/17/13 at 5:57pmpost #1902 of 119814/18/13 at 5:04am
That was good advise he gave you, and those were good suggestions on a couple good sounding tubes.
I will say it again, stay out of the tube rolling thread unless you are the non-compulsive type. It's a slippery slope that sucks you in.............post #1903 of 119814/18/13 at 5:19ampost #1904 of 119814/18/13 at 5:28amQuote:
I have 15 pair of tubes and still not happy.post #1905 of 119814/18/13 at 5:39amThread Starter
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The... 4 minutes ago
- › emotivas new stealth 8 powered monitors any impressions? 6 minutes ago
- › Poor seal on specific model of IEM - despite tips working fine on... 6 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 10 minutes ago
- › what do i get for my dt 990 pro 250 ohms 11 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 11 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 12 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...