If your looking for some small isolation feets.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 120post #1786 of 119813/22/13 at 6:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1787 of 119813/22/13 at 7:48pmpost #1788 of 119813/22/13 at 10:59pm
There's some new Schiit I haven't seen mentioned anywhere, PYST USB cables. No pictures are posted but it is a 1 meter silver plated copper cable for $20.
Edited by Radioking59 - 3/23/13 at 6:01pmpost #1789 of 119813/23/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
Sounds interesting.post #1790 of 119813/23/13 at 3:41pm
Initial impressions of the MnM stack that just arrived today. They clear up a little congestion on the Vmoda m-100's (though it's really a non-issue as they are almost entirely for on the go use). I don't really listen to music through my Sennheiser HD 558's (a select few genres work nice though) and in all likelihood they will continue their function for gaming/skype/movie use.
Now the real test is the Hifiman he-400's that are taking an eternity to arrive.post #1791 of 119813/23/13 at 3:44pmpost #1792 of 119813/23/13 at 4:02pmQuote:
Nice, i wonder if they will also do 6 inchers.... to keep things tidy....post #1793 of 119813/23/13 at 4:06pmpost #1794 of 119813/23/13 at 4:12pmQuote:
That would be a defect IMO, I have transported mine more than a few times with no problems plugging and unplugging the power supplypost #1795 of 119813/23/13 at 4:14pmpost #1796 of 119813/23/13 at 4:21pmQuote:
I think you're talking to me. IF so, yes, it seemed loose from the beginning - a little sloppy. I jiggled it to see what was going on and it just wiggled out. Seems to be held in by four little metal clips - probably and easy fix but I'll let them fix it for me. As far as the power connection goes, mine felt fine, just the power supply itself died. 16VDC power supplies I don't have laying around :(post #1797 of 119813/23/13 at 4:25pm
I'm looking at it now, I think the volume knob assembly was at fault. Looking at the amp (and I can actually see it in the picture), the tab on the lower left is pressed all of the way down where as the other 3 are not. Like the 3 tabs were holding to the knob itself and the 4th wasn't - which a). make the knob look crooked (as it did) and b.) make it so the other 3 didn't really have a good grip on it. Seems like an easy fix but if I'm sending it in, I don't want to mess with it.post #1798 of 119813/23/13 at 4:31pmpost #1799 of 119813/23/13 at 4:35pm
I just realized the power supply is 16VAC, not DC. The amp won't turn on and the power supply does measure about 18VAC. It'll definitely be going back - sounds like something internal went bonkers. Bum deal.post #1800 of 119813/23/13 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by areinike
I'm looking at it now, I think the volume knob assembly was at fault. Looking at the amp (and I can actually see it in the picture), the tab on the lower left is pressed all of the way down where as the other 3 are not. Like the 3 tabs were holding to the knob itself and the 4th wasn't - which a). make the knob look crooked (as it did) and b.) make it so the other 3 didn't really have a good grip on it. Seems like an easy fix but if I'm sending it in, I don't want to mess with it.
I guess that magni didn't like the way you handle it. Good luck with your next unit
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-A3 - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 5 minutes ago
- › High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and... 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 8 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 8 minutes ago
- › Conductor Air pocket sized USB DAC, Headphone Amp, Remote... 9 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 9 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 9 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...