I'm using event as well now, It seemed like the Bifrost couldn't get a lock until I went to Wasapi, but all is well now:)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 118post #1756 of 119813/13/13 at 7:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1757 of 119813/14/13 at 8:22pmThread Starterpost #1758 of 119813/14/13 at 8:58pmpost #1759 of 119813/14/13 at 9:00pmThread Starter
My A2 did arrive, but, unfortunately, that one also had transformer hum. So, back it went for a refund.post #1760 of 119813/15/13 at 3:02pm
Not sure if this has been posted before but here goes..
Just got the Apple Camera Connection Kit for my iPad Mini so I thought, what the heck..
Let's see if it works with the Bifrost..Yes!!
iPhone 5.. Fail!!
Not a use case for me but may be of interest to others.
Edited by MickeyVee - 3/15/13 at 3:28pmpost #1761 of 119813/15/13 at 3:21pmpost #1762 of 119813/15/13 at 10:10pmQuote:
What distro are you using? I'm running mint and that is the thing that is giving me pause in picking one of these up. Good to know that it is working though, interested to know what was involved in the set-up. Also, would it be better to get the bifrost and use the optical port as far as Linux compatibility goes?post #1763 of 119813/15/13 at 10:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by nostrata
What distro are you using? I'm running mint and that is the thing that is giving me pause in picking one of these up. Good to know that it is working though, interested to know what was involved in the set-up. Also, would it be better to get the bifrost and use the optical port as far as Linux compatibility goes?I'm using Debian Wheezy. Basically, in order to get the things working, I've had to upgrade the kernel to 3.8.2.If you are already running a 3.8.x kernel, probably there'll be no setup, just plug and play. I can't comment on Bifrost, but if your main concern is linux compatibility, Modi is a suitable choice.
Edited by Lemz - 3/15/13 at 10:38pmpost #1764 of 119813/15/13 at 11:01pmI have been wondering if Bifrost will work at 24/192 with Linux under USB as well but I've been too lazy to even try it with my Mint VM. I'll mess with it and let you know though.
Edit: Bifrost was 100% PnP with Linux Mint 14, just had to select it in the sound preferences. I would have to do some fiddling around to get 24/192 working I assume, but out of the box it is working OK.
Edited by toschek - 3/15/13 at 11:39pmpost #1765 of 119813/16/13 at 3:56pm
I received my Schiit on Monday!
The Magni, PYST and Bifost are my first pieces of Schiit. I took the Magni on a trip with me this week and used it with my Audioengine D1. The Magni made a big difference in the sound over the D1 internal amplifier. The brightness of my Sen HD 280 pro was toned down and the bass was stronger. I hope to get a chance to spend time with the Bifrost this weekend and see what improvements it has in store.
I will pair the Magni with the D1 for my travel/hotel rig and pair it with the Bifrost for home. Now I can start shopping for some quality cans!
Edited by Shep Tx - 3/16/13 at 8:15pmpost #1766 of 119813/16/13 at 4:09pmpost #1767 of 119813/16/13 at 7:30pmpost #1768 of 119813/16/13 at 8:07pmpost #1769 of 119813/16/13 at 8:46pmpost #1770 of 119813/17/13 at 8:58am
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but does anyone here know if asgard 1 or 2 can handle 600 ohms. I'm thinking about getting the Beyer dt880's with 600 ohms.
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › If your headphone was a car... 1 minute ago
- › Under 300.00 Closed back Headphone Recommendation 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears/ 64 Audio | ADEL A10/ U10/ A12/ U12 - New Flagship... 4 minutes ago
- › car-fi 4 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...