I'm using event as well now, It seemed like the Bifrost couldn't get a lock until I went to Wasapi, but all is well now:)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
There is just so much craptastic dreck in the
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 118post #1756 of 117383/13/13 at 7:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1757 of 117383/14/13 at 8:22pmThread Starterpost #1758 of 117383/14/13 at 8:58pmpost #1759 of 117383/14/13 at 9:00pmThread Starter
My A2 did arrive, but, unfortunately, that one also had transformer hum. So, back it went for a refund.post #1760 of 117383/15/13 at 3:02pm
Not sure if this has been posted before but here goes..
Just got the Apple Camera Connection Kit for my iPad Mini so I thought, what the heck..
Let's see if it works with the Bifrost..Yes!!
iPhone 5.. Fail!!
Not a use case for me but may be of interest to others.
Edited by MickeyVee - 3/15/13 at 3:28pmpost #1761 of 117383/15/13 at 3:21pmpost #1762 of 117383/15/13 at 10:10pmQuote:
What distro are you using? I'm running mint and that is the thing that is giving me pause in picking one of these up. Good to know that it is working though, interested to know what was involved in the set-up. Also, would it be better to get the bifrost and use the optical port as far as Linux compatibility goes?post #1763 of 117383/15/13 at 10:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by nostrata
What distro are you using? I'm running mint and that is the thing that is giving me pause in picking one of these up. Good to know that it is working though, interested to know what was involved in the set-up. Also, would it be better to get the bifrost and use the optical port as far as Linux compatibility goes?I'm using Debian Wheezy. Basically, in order to get the things working, I've had to upgrade the kernel to 3.8.2.If you are already running a 3.8.x kernel, probably there'll be no setup, just plug and play. I can't comment on Bifrost, but if your main concern is linux compatibility, Modi is a suitable choice.
Edited by Lemz - 3/15/13 at 10:38pmpost #1764 of 117383/15/13 at 11:01pmI have been wondering if Bifrost will work at 24/192 with Linux under USB as well but I've been too lazy to even try it with my Mint VM. I'll mess with it and let you know though.
Edit: Bifrost was 100% PnP with Linux Mint 14, just had to select it in the sound preferences. I would have to do some fiddling around to get 24/192 working I assume, but out of the box it is working OK.
Edited by toschek - 3/15/13 at 11:39pmpost #1765 of 117383/16/13 at 3:56pm
I received my Schiit on Monday!
The Magni, PYST and Bifost are my first pieces of Schiit. I took the Magni on a trip with me this week and used it with my Audioengine D1. The Magni made a big difference in the sound over the D1 internal amplifier. The brightness of my Sen HD 280 pro was toned down and the bass was stronger. I hope to get a chance to spend time with the Bifrost this weekend and see what improvements it has in store.
I will pair the Magni with the D1 for my travel/hotel rig and pair it with the Bifrost for home. Now I can start shopping for some quality cans!
Edited by Shep Tx - 3/16/13 at 8:15pmpost #1766 of 117383/16/13 at 4:09pmpost #1767 of 117383/16/13 at 7:30pmpost #1768 of 117383/16/13 at 8:07pmpost #1769 of 117383/16/13 at 8:46pmpost #1770 of 117383/17/13 at 8:58am
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but does anyone here know if asgard 1 or 2 can handle 600 ohms. I'm thinking about getting the Beyer dt880's with 600 ohms.
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 46 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 MkII 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 4 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016 -- Impressions... 8 minutes ago
- › The Vintage Dac & CD Player List/Review Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 9 minutes ago
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse