I'm using event as well now, It seemed like the Bifrost couldn't get a lock until I went to Wasapi, but all is well now:)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Hi Head-Fi’ers! I’ve waited quite a bit long to use SuperMini and obtain its possible rival players at the same time (like Sony A15 and the new A35). I came across SuperMini a few months ago,...
Introduction Sennheiser HD800S is the successor to HD800 - one of the greatest headphones ever made. HD800 was the first headphone to actually WOW me hard...
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 118post #1756 of 124003/13/13 at 7:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1757 of 124003/14/13 at 8:22pmThread Starterpost #1758 of 124003/14/13 at 8:58pmpost #1759 of 124003/14/13 at 9:00pmThread Starter
My A2 did arrive, but, unfortunately, that one also had transformer hum. So, back it went for a refund.post #1760 of 124003/15/13 at 3:02pm
Not sure if this has been posted before but here goes..
Just got the Apple Camera Connection Kit for my iPad Mini so I thought, what the heck..
Let's see if it works with the Bifrost..Yes!!
iPhone 5.. Fail!!
Not a use case for me but may be of interest to others.
Edited by MickeyVee - 3/15/13 at 3:28pmpost #1761 of 124003/15/13 at 3:21pmpost #1762 of 124003/15/13 at 10:10pmQuote:
What distro are you using? I'm running mint and that is the thing that is giving me pause in picking one of these up. Good to know that it is working though, interested to know what was involved in the set-up. Also, would it be better to get the bifrost and use the optical port as far as Linux compatibility goes?post #1763 of 124003/15/13 at 10:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by nostrata
What distro are you using? I'm running mint and that is the thing that is giving me pause in picking one of these up. Good to know that it is working though, interested to know what was involved in the set-up. Also, would it be better to get the bifrost and use the optical port as far as Linux compatibility goes?I'm using Debian Wheezy. Basically, in order to get the things working, I've had to upgrade the kernel to 3.8.2.If you are already running a 3.8.x kernel, probably there'll be no setup, just plug and play. I can't comment on Bifrost, but if your main concern is linux compatibility, Modi is a suitable choice.
Edited by Lemz - 3/15/13 at 10:38pmpost #1764 of 124003/15/13 at 11:01pmI have been wondering if Bifrost will work at 24/192 with Linux under USB as well but I've been too lazy to even try it with my Mint VM. I'll mess with it and let you know though.
Edit: Bifrost was 100% PnP with Linux Mint 14, just had to select it in the sound preferences. I would have to do some fiddling around to get 24/192 working I assume, but out of the box it is working OK.
Edited by toschek - 3/15/13 at 11:39pmpost #1765 of 124003/16/13 at 3:56pm
I received my Schiit on Monday!
The Magni, PYST and Bifost are my first pieces of Schiit. I took the Magni on a trip with me this week and used it with my Audioengine D1. The Magni made a big difference in the sound over the D1 internal amplifier. The brightness of my Sen HD 280 pro was toned down and the bass was stronger. I hope to get a chance to spend time with the Bifrost this weekend and see what improvements it has in store.
I will pair the Magni with the D1 for my travel/hotel rig and pair it with the Bifrost for home. Now I can start shopping for some quality cans!
Edited by Shep Tx - 3/16/13 at 8:15pmpost #1766 of 124003/16/13 at 4:09pmpost #1767 of 124003/16/13 at 7:30pmpost #1768 of 124003/16/13 at 8:07pmpost #1769 of 124003/16/13 at 8:46pmpost #1770 of 124003/17/13 at 8:58am
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but does anyone here know if asgard 1 or 2 can handle 600 ohms. I'm thinking about getting the Beyer dt880's with 600 ohms.
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 second ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 13 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 24 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic dt990 250 ohm or Philips fidelio X2 for music, gaming,... 2 minutes ago
- › Radius HP-NHR-21 tour...a great bass-head earphone 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Etymotic ER4-P 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750 vs DUNU DN-1000 8 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear