Also, is it possible to get the windows volume bar (bottom right) to work with the bifrost?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 3/12/13 at 2:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on Yesterday at 3:58 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/12/13 at 4:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)
Edited on 5/14/13
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
I bought these back in October and have only been able to enjoy them in the last couple of weeks (i.e. from late April 2013 after ordering in October 2012). I can't stress enough how important it...
Based in the reviews I read here I purchased the SR80i last July 2012. I thought they were way to bright, or as someone else said "ice picks" in the ears. I thought perhaps I needed an amp - and...
One channel of my Denon 250 pre-amp/amp set failed several times per listening session. So I bought the SMSL SA-98 in Hong Kong for a mere € 98,99 including transport. The trip from Hong Kong to...
Introduction First, I’d like to thank the folks at HiSoundAudio for sending me a sample of the Wooduo 2 in ear monitors for review. HiSoundAudio is a Chinese based headphone and earphone...
I ordered these when my Astrotec AM-90s finally bit the bullet. Liking them so far, however the Left side is cutting out possibly due to a short on the plug. Messaged HiFiMan and hope I get...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 95
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1412 of 21372/14/13 at 8:23pm
Audioquest Cinnamon (USB & Optical) - Forest is cheaper and probably just as good.post #1413 of 21372/14/13 at 8:33pmpost #1414 of 21372/14/13 at 9:13pmpost #1415 of 21372/14/13 at 9:15pmQuote:
I have the Bifrost with the USB. Since my music source is the Macbook Air, I use the USB out of the Air into the USB in the Bifrost with a USB male A female B cable. I sent an email to Jason asking him if I should use an adapter that takes the USB out into the optical in of the Bifrost. He said that the cleanest way to do it was to use the USB A B cable.
Hope this helps.post #1416 of 21372/15/13 at 5:50amQuote:
In Windows 7 at least it worked just fine for me through USB.
Edited by Defiant00 - 2/15/13 at 5:52ampost #1417 of 21372/15/13 at 12:05pmQuote:
about the monoprice comment. i don't know if i was blind or not but i really couldn't find one compatiblepost #1418 of 21372/15/13 at 2:36pmQuote:
They have them. You need an A Male to a B Male. They are the first ones listed.post #1419 of 21372/15/13 at 3:13pmQuote:
Was using a Furutech ADL Formula 2-B but have since switched to Optical.post #1420 of 21372/15/13 at 3:16pmpost #1421 of 21372/15/13 at 3:28pmpost #1422 of 21372/15/13 at 3:32pmpost #1423 of 21372/15/13 at 3:35pm
Really? On the schiit site is refers USB to mcdonalds hamburgers. They seem to think optical is superior?
Most modern high end motherboards use the Realtek AL892
Wouldn't digital transferring mediums sound the same on any pretty much anything anyway as long as the out going bit rate is supported? A 1 is a 1 and a 0 is a 0
Edited by OICWUTUDIDTHAR - 2/15/13 at 3:45pmpost #1424 of 21372/15/13 at 3:41pm
Gotta give my opinion.... and Schiit's on Optical.
See: "Wait. Are you saying USB is crap?"
Optical is dielectric, hence no EMI issues.
Ok, It's only 96kHz (On a Mac) As much as I love HD Tracks you are not going to hear a difference at those sample rates.
Edited by Iamnothim - 2/15/13 at 3:44pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › **24/192 coming on your smartphone** 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 4 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75's. Don't Forget About This Giant Killer In All The Hype. 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 13 minutes ago
- › tera player with affordable IEM 15 minutes ago
- › Favorite Hockey Team! 15 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle by Loquah
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by jeffphus
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by REvandenBERG
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by TheGame21x
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by TKWizard
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by lepermessiah
- › FiiO E09K by Bonavon Vovo
- › Aurisonics ASG-1 Rev 1.3 by kyuuketsuki
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by sunnyape
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by dan.gheorghe
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe