Also, is it possible to get the windows volume bar (bottom right) to work with the bifrost?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 95
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1412 of 119182/14/13 at 8:23pm
Audioquest Cinnamon (USB & Optical) - Forest is cheaper and probably just as good.post #1413 of 119182/14/13 at 8:33pmpost #1414 of 119182/14/13 at 9:13pmQuote:
Edited by OICWUTUDIDTHAR - 2/15/13 at 4:05ampost #1415 of 119182/14/13 at 9:15pmQuote:
I have the Bifrost with the USB. Since my music source is the Macbook Air, I use the USB out of the Air into the USB in the Bifrost with a USB male A female B cable. I sent an email to Jason asking him if I should use an adapter that takes the USB out into the optical in of the Bifrost. He said that the cleanest way to do it was to use the USB A B cable.
Hope this helps.post #1416 of 119182/15/13 at 5:50amQuote:
In Windows 7 at least it worked just fine for me through USB.
Edited by Defiant00 - 2/15/13 at 5:52ampost #1417 of 119182/15/13 at 12:05pmQuote:
about the monoprice comment. i don't know if i was blind or not but i really couldn't find one compatiblepost #1418 of 119182/15/13 at 2:36pmQuote:
They have them. You need an A Male to a B Male. They are the first ones listed.post #1419 of 119182/15/13 at 3:13pmQuote:
Was using a Furutech ADL Formula 2-B but have since switched to Optical.post #1420 of 119182/15/13 at 3:16pmpost #1421 of 119182/15/13 at 3:28pm
Is using the onboard optical output off of a desktop motherboard (some realktek chip) > bifrost > amp better then going Usb from computer>bifrost>amp sound quality wise?post #1422 of 119182/15/13 at 3:32pmpost #1423 of 119182/15/13 at 3:35pm
Really? On the schiit site is refers USB to mcdonalds hamburgers. They seem to think optical is superior?
Most modern high end motherboards use the Realtek AL892
Wouldn't digital transferring mediums sound the same on any pretty much anything anyway as long as the out going bit rate is supported? A 1 is a 1 and a 0 is a 0
Edited by OICWUTUDIDTHAR - 2/15/13 at 3:45pmpost #1424 of 119182/15/13 at 3:41pm
Gotta give my opinion.... and Schiit's on Optical.
See: "Wait. Are you saying USB is crap?"
Optical is dielectric, hence no EMI issues.
Ok, It's only 96kHz (On a Mac) As much as I love HD Tracks you are not going to hear a difference at those sample rates.
Edited by Iamnothim - 2/15/13 at 3:44pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › AK120ii and KSE1500 - Volume 41 seconds ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend Meet: Saturday -... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › Review: RIVA Turbo X High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Popular Classical Music 2 minutes ago
- › Beats headphone teardown 2 minutes ago
- › knife-fi? 2 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...