Also, is it possible to get the windows volume bar (bottom right) to work with the bifrost?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 95
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1412 of 61982/14/13 at 8:23pm
Audioquest Cinnamon (USB & Optical) - Forest is cheaper and probably just as good.post #1413 of 61982/14/13 at 8:33pmpost #1414 of 61982/14/13 at 9:13pmQuote:
Edited by OICWUTUDIDTHAR - 2/15/13 at 4:05ampost #1415 of 61982/14/13 at 9:15pmQuote:
I have the Bifrost with the USB. Since my music source is the Macbook Air, I use the USB out of the Air into the USB in the Bifrost with a USB male A female B cable. I sent an email to Jason asking him if I should use an adapter that takes the USB out into the optical in of the Bifrost. He said that the cleanest way to do it was to use the USB A B cable.
Hope this helps.post #1416 of 61982/15/13 at 5:50amQuote:
In Windows 7 at least it worked just fine for me through USB.
Edited by Defiant00 - 2/15/13 at 5:52ampost #1417 of 61982/15/13 at 12:05pmQuote:
about the monoprice comment. i don't know if i was blind or not but i really couldn't find one compatiblepost #1418 of 61982/15/13 at 2:36pmQuote:
They have them. You need an A Male to a B Male. They are the first ones listed.post #1419 of 61982/15/13 at 3:13pmQuote:
Was using a Furutech ADL Formula 2-B but have since switched to Optical.post #1420 of 61982/15/13 at 3:16pmpost #1421 of 61982/15/13 at 3:28pm
Is using the onboard optical output off of a desktop motherboard (some realktek chip) > bifrost > amp better then going Usb from computer>bifrost>amp sound quality wise?post #1422 of 61982/15/13 at 3:32pmpost #1423 of 61982/15/13 at 3:35pm
Really? On the schiit site is refers USB to mcdonalds hamburgers. They seem to think optical is superior?
Most modern high end motherboards use the Realtek AL892
Wouldn't digital transferring mediums sound the same on any pretty much anything anyway as long as the out going bit rate is supported? A 1 is a 1 and a 0 is a 0
Edited by OICWUTUDIDTHAR - 2/15/13 at 3:45pmpost #1424 of 61982/15/13 at 3:41pm
Gotta give my opinion.... and Schiit's on Optical.
See: "Wait. Are you saying USB is crap?"
Optical is dielectric, hence no EMI issues.
Ok, It's only 96kHz (On a Mac) As much as I love HD Tracks you are not going to hear a difference at those sample rates.
Edited by Iamnothim - 2/15/13 at 3:44pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 49 seconds ago
- › Baycode's Upcoming and Completed Reviews Newsfeed Page 3 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 7 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 7 minutes ago
- › Headphones for Electronic/Synth Pop/New wave/ French House? 7 minutes ago
- › New guy, looking for suggestions sub $250 (Not your standard request) 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 9 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)