Also, is it possible to get the windows volume bar (bottom right) to work with the bifrost?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 95
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1412 of 69322/14/13 at 8:23pm
Audioquest Cinnamon (USB & Optical) - Forest is cheaper and probably just as good.post #1413 of 69322/14/13 at 8:33pmpost #1414 of 69322/14/13 at 9:13pmQuote:
Edited by OICWUTUDIDTHAR - 2/15/13 at 4:05ampost #1415 of 69322/14/13 at 9:15pmQuote:
I have the Bifrost with the USB. Since my music source is the Macbook Air, I use the USB out of the Air into the USB in the Bifrost with a USB male A female B cable. I sent an email to Jason asking him if I should use an adapter that takes the USB out into the optical in of the Bifrost. He said that the cleanest way to do it was to use the USB A B cable.
Hope this helps.post #1416 of 69322/15/13 at 5:50amQuote:
In Windows 7 at least it worked just fine for me through USB.
Edited by Defiant00 - 2/15/13 at 5:52ampost #1417 of 69322/15/13 at 12:05pmQuote:
about the monoprice comment. i don't know if i was blind or not but i really couldn't find one compatiblepost #1418 of 69322/15/13 at 2:36pmQuote:
They have them. You need an A Male to a B Male. They are the first ones listed.post #1419 of 69322/15/13 at 3:13pmQuote:
Was using a Furutech ADL Formula 2-B but have since switched to Optical.post #1420 of 69322/15/13 at 3:16pmpost #1421 of 69322/15/13 at 3:28pm
Is using the onboard optical output off of a desktop motherboard (some realktek chip) > bifrost > amp better then going Usb from computer>bifrost>amp sound quality wise?post #1422 of 69322/15/13 at 3:32pmpost #1423 of 69322/15/13 at 3:35pm
Really? On the schiit site is refers USB to mcdonalds hamburgers. They seem to think optical is superior?
Most modern high end motherboards use the Realtek AL892
Wouldn't digital transferring mediums sound the same on any pretty much anything anyway as long as the out going bit rate is supported? A 1 is a 1 and a 0 is a 0
Edited by OICWUTUDIDTHAR - 2/15/13 at 3:45pmpost #1424 of 69322/15/13 at 3:41pm
Gotta give my opinion.... and Schiit's on Optical.
See: "Wait. Are you saying USB is crap?"
Optical is dielectric, hence no EMI issues.
Ok, It's only 96kHz (On a Mac) As much as I love HD Tracks you are not going to hear a difference at those sample rates.
Edited by Iamnothim - 2/15/13 at 3:44pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DT 880 vs. DT 990 for classical music 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Pan Am Stack with Tubes 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Pan Am Stack with Tubes 5 minutes ago
- › Introduction of FiiO newest PCOCC-A headphone cables--... 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Couple of 6ak5/6hm5 tubes 5 minutes ago
- › Weird Sennheiser Urbanite Ad 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)