Also, is it possible to get the windows volume bar (bottom right) to work with the bifrost?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12More
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 95
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1412 of 97132/14/13 at 8:23pm
Audioquest Cinnamon (USB & Optical) - Forest is cheaper and probably just as good.post #1413 of 97132/14/13 at 8:33pmpost #1414 of 97132/14/13 at 9:13pmQuote:
Edited by OICWUTUDIDTHAR - 2/15/13 at 4:05ampost #1415 of 97132/14/13 at 9:15pmQuote:
I have the Bifrost with the USB. Since my music source is the Macbook Air, I use the USB out of the Air into the USB in the Bifrost with a USB male A female B cable. I sent an email to Jason asking him if I should use an adapter that takes the USB out into the optical in of the Bifrost. He said that the cleanest way to do it was to use the USB A B cable.
Hope this helps.post #1416 of 97132/15/13 at 5:50amQuote:
In Windows 7 at least it worked just fine for me through USB.
Edited by Defiant00 - 2/15/13 at 5:52ampost #1417 of 97132/15/13 at 12:05pmQuote:
about the monoprice comment. i don't know if i was blind or not but i really couldn't find one compatiblepost #1418 of 97132/15/13 at 2:36pmQuote:
They have them. You need an A Male to a B Male. They are the first ones listed.post #1419 of 97132/15/13 at 3:13pmQuote:
Was using a Furutech ADL Formula 2-B but have since switched to Optical.post #1420 of 97132/15/13 at 3:16pmpost #1421 of 97132/15/13 at 3:28pm
Is using the onboard optical output off of a desktop motherboard (some realktek chip) > bifrost > amp better then going Usb from computer>bifrost>amp sound quality wise?post #1422 of 97132/15/13 at 3:32pmpost #1423 of 97132/15/13 at 3:35pm
Really? On the schiit site is refers USB to mcdonalds hamburgers. They seem to think optical is superior?
Most modern high end motherboards use the Realtek AL892
Wouldn't digital transferring mediums sound the same on any pretty much anything anyway as long as the out going bit rate is supported? A 1 is a 1 and a 0 is a 0
Edited by OICWUTUDIDTHAR - 2/15/13 at 3:45pmpost #1424 of 97132/15/13 at 3:41pm
Gotta give my opinion.... and Schiit's on Optical.
See: "Wait. Are you saying USB is crap?"
Optical is dielectric, hence no EMI issues.
Ok, It's only 96kHz (On a Mac) As much as I love HD Tracks you are not going to hear a difference at those sample rates.
Edited by Iamnothim - 2/15/13 at 3:44pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Where can you get free flac musics? 1 minute ago
- › The State of the Flagships 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 3 minutes ago
- › need a new hd-800 cable build 3 minutes ago
- › Lake People G109 / G103 thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Finally my search for best bass head iem is ended!!! 7 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 7 minutes ago
- › Next Vienna/Austria meet: April 18th, 2015 8 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 10 minutes ago
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2