So when is the A2 shipping. I'm dying to get some impressions!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 93post #1381 of 50472/13/13 at 4:46am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1382 of 50472/13/13 at 6:25amThread Starterpost #1383 of 50472/13/13 at 6:26ampost #1384 of 50472/13/13 at 9:39ampost #1385 of 50472/13/13 at 10:18am
This is from Jason in the Sponsor Announcements forum:
"And Asgard 2 will be shipping shortly. We're giving them an extended burn-in to make sure the new thermal mount is 100% perfect. So far, it performs better than the original. We're just being over-cautious. I expect you'll see a lot of them out by the end of the week."post #1386 of 50472/13/13 at 10:46ampost #1387 of 50472/13/13 at 2:17pmpost #1388 of 50472/13/13 at 3:49pmQuote:
what happened to waiting to read others impressions???
what happened?post #1389 of 50472/13/13 at 4:25pmpost #1390 of 50472/13/13 at 4:45pmpost #1391 of 50472/13/13 at 5:03pm
Finally got my Bifrost!
Decided to go with the Bifrost for the stack esthetics but have not heard much from it yet.
Also could anyone give advice on my Bifrost & Asgard electrocuting me? Is it a faulty electrical connection and if so how do I get rid of the electrocuting? I know very little about home electricity.post #1392 of 50472/13/13 at 5:28pmQuote:
These are serious questions? On Head-fi?!?post #1393 of 50472/13/13 at 5:29pm
Sooo, you may be going SS Matt? If you like the A2 no more tube rolling! Consider carefully...post #1394 of 50472/13/13 at 6:33pm
Definitely waiting to hear A2 impression from Matt et al.. Not going to replace the Lyr but compliment it. Almost pulled the trigger on a used Asgard a couple of weeks ago. Glad I hesitated!
Edited by MickeyVee - 2/13/13 at 6:35pmpost #1395 of 50472/13/13 at 6:40pmQuote:
I owned the original Asgard for quite a while and compared it extensively to the Lyr. Let's just say that IMO the A2 will have to step its game up quite a bit to best the tube goodness.
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 1 minute ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › orders from Ibasso 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Amp/DAC combinations for the future 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob