Purchased a used Bifrost a couple weeks ago and now my Lyr is finally arriving later today. Can't bloody wait :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp Last post on 1/30/14 at 9:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a review and comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A in-ear headphones. http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=29 I get a...
I have the 600 Ohm version of these, so other impedance models will probably vary in sound. This said, I find this to be a wonderfully balanced set. They exhibit no harshness to my ears across...
Having those for 5 months, I am very impressed as they openned up really with my senheiser momentum after some burn in. I use them with my laptop (pc). This review will be about the VERY good...
Sony XB90EX Review This is not gonna be super in depth but just a small review and a comparison to the Sony XBA30. Ok so first thing I noticed when unboxing, wow they are big! Definitely much...
first review. yayyyyyyyyyy, so here we go. I am no super expert in headphones, but heres what I think the bass is very rumbling. I think that it wasn't as thumping or hard hitting as i would like...
- Headphone Impedance
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 85
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Knowing Schiit I imagine you'll be getting the new one.
The current Asgard is still very good with planars and has more than enough power (I typically didn't turn mine past 9-10 for normal listening with my LCD-2s).
Edited by Defiant00 - 2/6/13 at 6:38am
Sweet! Even though I've got the Lyr, l've been thinking about a second system and the Asgard 2 would definitely fit the bill. Looking forward to opinions and reviews.
Without a doubt. Looking forward to hearing some reviews.
For what it's worth, first time buyer here, I just checked my order which was slated to go out today and asked Jason-he emailed me I'm getting new Asgard. Sweeeet!!!! Yeah as a newbie, I'm pretty pumped to hear this bad boy.
Nice. Did he indicate when it might ship out?
So, I ordered it on 1/25 and the projected shipping date was 2/6, but he didn't say one way or the other in the email. I'm going to continue checking my log in. I just know the charge on my card was removed and then will be charged once it's processed.
Just made an account to say that I also just ordered an asgard (on monday). Excited to hear that I will be getting the new version.
I will run it through its paces, my gear:
Schiit Asgard 2 (woo hoo)
KRK 10-3 Monitors
MXL v69 Mogami Edition Tube Mic
MOTO Microbook II Audio Interface
I plan on running both the Bifrost and the Asgard 2 in a lot of different combinations, not just headphone amping....
Don't you make fun of my CDC Industries Statement Amp.
It has 1954 valves.
Highly specialized for vinyl too.
Ah right. Know where I can get a new pair of scissors??
Sweet!! I hope it's true for all of us. Ordered mine on Jan 16th. Placed a separate order for the Magni and Modi so I would have them to help me be patient wating for the Asgard.
Also want to run the Asgard/Modi for a bit before getting the Bifrost...need the optical eventually...
I am getting excited about the prospect of getting this soon...must be patient, must be patient...
Edited by bearFNF - 2/6/13 at 8:13pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 10 seconds ago
- › HD800 being "picky" with amps myth 23 seconds ago
- › SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society 35 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 42 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Distortion of Sound Documentary 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › New OPPO HA-1 (CES 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)