Purchased a used Bifrost a couple weeks ago and now my Lyr is finally arriving later today. Can't bloody wait :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 702 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- categoryDACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- brandSchiittagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by redmaw, 2/5/13
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 9/1/16 at 3:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just purchased Schiit Lyr and Bifrost! Last post on 1/10/14 at 8:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So many threads, yet still undecisive (akg k702 amps) Last post on 4/26/11 at 1:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Schiit Owners Unite - Page 85post #1261 of 123992/6/13 at 5:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1262 of 123992/6/13 at 5:27am
Knowing Schiit I imagine you'll be getting the new one.post #1263 of 123992/6/13 at 6:28amHuh? Cant find what you guys are talking about. If its a new higher output asgard i might be mad. Just bought my asgard less than a month ago, and intend to use it on HE500s or LCD2s.post #1264 of 123992/6/13 at 6:37amQuote:
The current Asgard is still very good with planars and has more than enough power (I typically didn't turn mine past 9-10 for normal listening with my LCD-2s).
Edited by Defiant00 - 2/6/13 at 6:38ampost #1265 of 123992/6/13 at 7:19am
Sweet! Even though I've got the Lyr, l've been thinking about a second system and the Asgard 2 would definitely fit the bill. Looking forward to opinions and reviews.
Quote:Originally Posted by Defiant00post #1266 of 123992/6/13 at 7:25ampost #1267 of 123992/6/13 at 8:33amQuote:
Without a doubt. Looking forward to hearing some reviews.post #1268 of 123992/6/13 at 9:01amQuote:
For what it's worth, first time buyer here, I just checked my order which was slated to go out today and asked Jason-he emailed me I'm getting new Asgard. Sweeeet!!!! Yeah as a newbie, I'm pretty pumped to hear this bad boy.post #1269 of 123992/6/13 at 9:59amQuote:
Nice. Did he indicate when it might ship out?post #1270 of 123992/6/13 at 10:23am
So, I ordered it on 1/25 and the projected shipping date was 2/6, but he didn't say one way or the other in the email. I'm going to continue checking my log in. I just know the charge on my card was removed and then will be charged once it's processed.post #1271 of 123992/6/13 at 11:40am
Just made an account to say that I also just ordered an asgard (on monday). Excited to hear that I will be getting the new version.
I will run it through its paces, my gear:
Schiit Asgard 2 (woo hoo)
KRK 10-3 Monitors
MXL v69 Mogami Edition Tube Mic
MOTO Microbook II Audio Interface
I plan on running both the Bifrost and the Asgard 2 in a lot of different combinations, not just headphone amping....post #1272 of 123992/6/13 at 2:41pmpost #1273 of 123992/6/13 at 2:44pmpost #1274 of 123992/6/13 at 3:25pm
Don't you make fun of my CDC Industries Statement Amp.
It has 1954 valves.
Highly specialized for vinyl too.
Ah right. Know where I can get a new pair of scissors??post #1275 of 123992/6/13 at 3:28pmQuote:
Sweet!! I hope it's true for all of us. Ordered mine on Jan 16th. Placed a separate order for the Magni and Modi so I would have them to help me be patient wating for the Asgard.
Also want to run the Asgard/Modi for a bit before getting the Bifrost...need the optical eventually...
I am getting excited about the prospect of getting this soon...must be patient, must be patient...
Edited by bearFNF - 2/6/13 at 8:13pm
- Schiit Owners Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sennheiser HD 630VB New In Box 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › ABX test - Cannot hear difference between MP3/DSD... 4 minutes ago
- › MacBook Pro 2016 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS185 Review by mark2410 5 minutes ago
- › Can my amp drive HE-6 6 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear