Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Diablo III Release date officially announced...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Diablo III Release date officially announced... - Page 3

post #31 of 79

lol i knew he was just messing with me.  i know in hardcore it's you die you stay dead kind of thing.  i forgot to mention i got the joke biggrin.gif

post #32 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentsive View Post

lol i knew he was just messing with me.  i know in hardcore it's you die you stay dead kind of thing.  i forgot to mention i got the joke biggrin.gif

Yeah, it's always a problem in text-only messages. I'm not really sure whether I want to go hardcore in D3. Sure it's more exciting to play that way, but it might just end up being annoying. I assume nightmare and above modes are hard enough without permadeath. And it's always something incredibly stupid thing you're going to end up dieing to. If you've ever played realm of the mad god you know that to be true. smily_headphones1.gif
post #33 of 79

In D2, I think you unlocked the ability to make a Hardcore character if you beat the game once on any difficulty.  If I'm not mistaken, Hardcore players got a separate realm on the closed BNet servers, so they wouldn't mix Hardcore and non-Hardcore characters together.

 

My contention with Hardcore is that it's a deterrent to PvP.  Also, you can lose a high-level character and a boatload of high-quality gear in the blink of an eye, and it could happen purely due to bad luck.  Sure, it's more of a challenge and a bigger commitment, but in my personal opinion, it results in the player spending more time worrying about death and less time actually having fun playing.  I always kinda felt that Hardcore was more an elitism/status thing, and it didn't really add much to the gameplay experience itself.

 

Also, if you're playing Hardcore, you can't really experiment with builds and try stupid stuff just for fun, as it can get you dead quick.  I know I created a lot of non-viable high-level character builds in D2 (elemental druid, blizzard/meteor sorceress, resistance/FoH paladin, Bone Spirit necromancer, etc.), which would not have lasted a second in Hardcore mode.

 

If Blizzard really wants to entice people into playing a Hardcore character, they should include Hardcore-specific loot drops that you can't get playing a non-Hardcore character.  That might sway some folks.


Edited by sridhar3 - 4/8/12 at 1:19pm
post #34 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar3 View Post

My contention with Hardcore is that it's a deterrent to PvP.  

I believe that you don't die in PvP with a hardcore character. I can't find anything on it right now, but I'm pretty sure that is the case.

Edit: Here is a link. You don't seem to die in PvP
Edited by EnOYiN - 4/8/12 at 1:47pm
post #35 of 79
Thread Starter 

Blizzard just announced they are adding an additional 275,000 beta testers this week. (There goes the neighborhoodrolleyes.gif). They're probably ramping up to stress test the servers.

post #36 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerguy0 View Post

Blizzard just announced they are adding an additional 275,000 beta testers this week. (There goes the neighborhood:rolleyes: ). They're probably ramping up to stress test the servers.

* Checking my mail*

Nope, still no invite. frown.gif I'm getting the feeling I'm the only person in the world without an invite now. I think I'm going to go for another playthrough of D2.
post #37 of 79
Thread Starter 

Oh, and FWIW, Blizzard specifically mentioned the May 15th release date. So far so good, hopefully they stay on track.

 

On somewhat of a bummer note, I'm going to be having shoulder surgery a week or so after that. I'll get to play it for a few days at least, but then I'll be taking a forced break. frown.gif

post #38 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerguy0 View Post

Oh, and FWIW, Blizzard specifically mentioned the May 15th release date. So far so good, hopefully they stay on track.

On somewhat of a bummer note, I'm going to be having shoulder surgery a week or so after that. I'll get to play it for a few days at least, but then I'll be taking a forced break. frown.gif

Sorry to hear that. You could always try playing with one hand as long as there are enough buttons on your mouse that is. wink.gif
post #39 of 79
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnOYiN View Post


Sorry to hear that. You could always try playing with one hand as long as there are enough buttons on your mouse that is. wink.gif


I've been playing left-handed with the mouse because of my shoulder. The hard part is going to be managing the keyboard stuff. Fortunately, Diablo isn't especially keyboard intensive - a few defensive spells and potions, plus the shift key to attack without moving, so that helps.

 

Any suggestion for left-handed gaming mice?

post #40 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerguy0 View Post



I've been playing left-handed with the mouse because of my shoulder. The hard part is going to be managing the keyboard stuff. Fortunately, Diablo isn't especially keyboard intensive - a few defensive spells and potions, plus the shift key to attack without moving, so that helps.

Any suggestion for left-handed gaming mice?

Well, most of the steelseries mice have an ambidextrous design, so you could pick one of those up. I really liked my Xai - before it broke. The steelseries mice don't really have that many buttons though, and to be honest I can't really think of many mice that can be used left-handed that do. If you're looking for a cheap mouse you could get yourself an OEM logitech mouse. Those don't have any additional buttons so you might not really like those too much.

A friend of mine lately has been unable to use his arm due to a shoulder operation and he mainly uses a touchpad at the moment.
post #41 of 79

i am very excited for this release. got the collectors pre ordered as well

post #42 of 79

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackdragon87 View Post

i am very excited for this release.


9950760.jpg

 

WA WA WEE WA

post #43 of 79
D3 beta will be playable for everyone this weekend. You can get a copy on your battle.net account. See here for more info.
post #44 of 79
Thread Starter 

The D3 beta ends May 1st. The two weeks before the game ships will be a long two weeks. Hopefully my copy of the collector's edition arrives on the 15th like Amazon promised...

post #45 of 79

So with Diablo coming out, and I'm sure many people here having had a small taste over the free weekend, anyone for setting up a head-fi party when the game goes live? I can tell you right now though that from the beta playing I'm in love with the witch doctor. I made 2 of them actually. I named my dude witch doctor Billy, as I'm sure 50% of Diablo players have.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Diablo III Release date officially announced...