or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Double Helix Cables Thread - Page 24

post #346 of 1196

do you also own the 1plus2, i would greatly appreciate if you can somehow give some impression on how the fusion sounds against the stock gold cable.

 

many thx

post #347 of 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by achl354 View Post
 

do you also own the 1plus2, i would greatly appreciate if you can somehow give some impression on how the fusion sounds against the stock gold cable.

 

many thx


The Fusion is terminated specifically for the SE-5, so switching risks damaging it. However, I doubt a third party cable sounds better with the 1Plus2 than the silver gold as the 1plus2 was tuned to sound best with silver gold or Uber.

post #348 of 1196

i see. Nevermind abt the impression wf fusion on 1plus2.

 

However, i seriously do recommend that you give aftermarket cables a try with the 1plus2, not saying that it sounds better/worse, but it will definitely offer another taste of sound

 

i've tried the 1plus2 with the piccolino, twag v3 hybrid, DIY silver/gold wire, each of these were entertaining in their own sense. It's the fun of detachable cable iem, experiement and mix and match wf ur audio gear, to suit ur needs :)

post #349 of 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post
 


I have heard differences in the past, I am just saying I do not A/B because it damages the sockets of my CIEMs, and I do not enter debates on the merits of this and that cable because it is quite a touchy subject.

 

The ring comes as standard now AFAIK.

 

Yes it's standard, not using anything else at present unless asked.

post #350 of 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by achl354 View Post
 

i see. Nevermind abt the impression wf fusion on 1plus2.

 

However, i seriously do recommend that you give aftermarket cables a try with the 1plus2, not saying that it sounds better/worse, but it will definitely offer another taste of sound

 

i've tried the 1plus2 with the piccolino, twag v3 hybrid, DIY silver/gold wire, each of these were entertaining in their own sense. It's the fun of detachable cable iem, experiement and mix and match wf ur audio gear, to suit ur needs :)


I am not too much a fan of switching cables because...I am never sure of the share of placebo in the differences I hear.

 

However the DHC Fusion sound good, and the ergonomics are among the best I have tried.

post #351 of 1196
Subbing smily_headphones1.gif
post #352 of 1196
All of my cables are DIY-DHC cables.
Love em all. I haven't AB'd any of them. Nucleotide 24awg
Peptide 24awg
Peptide Hybrid 26awg

All for Lemo (DIY) detachables -> 4-pin (DIY) Valabs XLR -> Valabs 3.5mm
post #353 of 1196

I'm a new owner of Double Helix cable.  I love the Craftsman of the cable, it's just beautiful.

Great job Peter!!

post #354 of 1196

Currently waiting for my DHC Fusions and a little extra that will be coming in soon... Big shoutout to Peter and thanks for everything!

post #355 of 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post
 

Currently waiting for my DHC Fusions and a little extra that will be coming in soon... Big shoutout to Peter and thanks for everything!

whats the little something extra?:atsmile:

post #356 of 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by achl354 View Post
 

whats the little something extra?:atsmile:

 

Errr....

 

 

Errrrrr....

 

 

Spore cables...

post #357 of 1196

 

Beautiful DHC Fusions, terminated to RSA, with ultrashort adaptors, one for typical 3.5mm, one for TRRS Balanced.

 

Go DHC!

post #358 of 1196

looking great!

i would get the fusion if i didnt already buy the silver widow, silver peptide by DHC

and already using piccolino and a custom made silver/gold cable, all for just one pair of iem :confused_face:

post #359 of 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post




Beautiful DHC Fusions, terminated to RSA, with ultrashort adaptors, one for typical 3.5mm, one for TRRS Balanced.

Go DHC!

Wow where did you get the rsa to 3.m adaptor? Thats very cool and very handy!
post #360 of 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermafia View Post
 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
 

Pete builds a fantastic cable.

 

 

 

 

I also purchase incredibly bad Christmas presents for people, you can confirm that with Chris and Trevor.  

 

I never even got mine........

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: