or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Double Helix Cables Thread - Page 72

post #1066 of 1075

Yeah just about any company can make you a simple adapter like that. Never heard the HD800S so i cant say how that is, only used it with my HE1000 & LCD-3's and I don't really notice much difference with the bass. I mainly notice the music to crisper or cleaner sounding which I think helps make the soundstage seem larger. Hard to describe exactly what you're hearing, but it should be fairly easy to notice if you do blind tests.

post #1067 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenazgul View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post

 
Yeah, just teasing you, if anyone knows anything about having to explain purchasing decisions that others won't understand, it's audiophiles. 

The connectors are high quality with the Comp4, thought I never really had an issue with the original cable. The main difference for me was an increase in clarity, it really just sounds more clean and euphoric with the Comp4. It's almost not really than noticable until you use it for a while and try going back to the stock cable after you've adjusted to the sound of the Comp4. At least thats how it was in my case anyway.
So a increase in soundstage I guess? Not much noticed on extra bass? Some people talk about sub-bass distortion on the HD800S. Does it fix that a bit?


Do they have a adapter from Balanced XLR to 1/4 6.3MM for example btw? The reason I ask is because my current amp supports only 6.3 1/4. But for future reference I might wanna go to a balance connection. 

First off if you are struggling to justify a c4 cable and have to sacrifice something else in your life, the answer may be don't bother. Ignorance is bliss and stock cable on hd800S isn't bad. Now I have pics of hd800S side by side with stock versus c4 and the quality of cable is inherent the sound stage is closer and wider but nothing is fixed. Your source, dac, amp, flaws are not coloured but more transparent. I'm dhc follower and believer that's for sure tho, maybe the best in the biz. But it's the fondant of your system. No one should convince you to do anything you are not ready to do. So does it make a difference yes, is it worth it is subjective, in my case yes.
Now on balanced cables, get it. There is an adapter Peter makes for xlr to se. Se cable there is no adapter to make it balanced so if balanced is your long term objective get dual xlr balanced from the get go.there is no fixing an se cable.
Edited by Whazzzup - 7/14/16 at 3:11am
post #1068 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whazzzup View Post


First off if you are struggling to justify a c4 cable and have to sacrifice something else in your life, the answer may be don't bother. Ignorance is bliss and stock cable on hd800S isn't bad. Now I have pics of hd800S side by side with stock versus c4 and the quality of cable is inherent the sound stage is closer and wider but nothing is fixed. Your source, dac, amp, flaws are not coloured but more transparent. I'm dhc follower and believer that's for sure tho, maybe the best in the biz. But it's the fondant of your system. No one should convince you to do anything you are not ready to do. So does it make a difference yes, is it worth it is subjective, in my case yes.
Now on balanced cables, get it. There is an adapter Peter makes for xlr to se. Se cable there is no adapter to make it balanced so if balanced is your long term objective get dual xlr balanced from the get go.there is no fixing an se cable.

I did mail peter. He does recommend to choose indeed a 4-pin and add a ultrashort adapter (119 dollars extra).

post #1069 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenazgul View Post
 

I did mail peter. He does recommend to choose indeed a 4-pin and add a ultrashort adapter (119 dollars extra).

I asked him if there is a quality-loss adding a short adapter. He says that there is no quality loss. Guess choosing for the 4-pin female xlr with short adapter is the best. Makes it future proof for balanced amplifiers. 

post #1070 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenazgul View Post
 

I asked him if there is a quality-loss adding a short adapter. He says that there is no quality loss. Guess choosing for the 4-pin female xlr with short adapter is the best. Makes it future proof for balanced amplifiers. 


How about terminate into 2.5 mm balance then use ultrashort adapter like 4 pin XLR, 6.3 mm, and 3.5 mm? Would this work also? 

post #1071 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by meomap View Post


How about terminate into 2.5 mm balance then use ultrashort adapter like 4 pin XLR, 6.3 mm, and 3.5 mm? Would this work also? 

This exactly what I asked from DHC for my Cable.



post #1072 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

This exactly what I asked from DHC for my Cable. How much for each adapter?



post #1073 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

This exactly what I asked from DHC for my Cable.

How much for each adapter?



post #1074 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by meomap View Post

89 dollars for each adapter I think 

post #1075 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenazgul View Post

89 dollars for each adapter I think 
Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: