Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread

post #1 of 600
Thread Starter 

Hello.  I wanted to start this thread because I've done business with Double Helix Cables (owner is Peter Bradstock) and it's been a pleasure.

 

I have his Symbiote IEM cable and mini-to-mini interconnect, and he just made me a USB LOD cable to connect my iPod to my CLAS.  He normally doesn't make right angle connecters because of durability issues, but he made one for me in addition to the normal one, and he e-mailed me describing how he made it, as well as attaching a photo of it.  I'm very touched by the very significant amount of extra time and energy he put in for this.  Of note, at this point, he's not including right angle connectors in his regular production.

 

Also, whenever I e-mail him questions, he's very responsive and very nice.

 

So, I'm starting this DHC appreciation thread because not only does Mr. Bradstock make awesome cables, but he's an awesome business owner, delivering outstanding customer service!

 

 

 

 
post #2 of 600

Dudes I buy from Peter time to time and I have suggested his stuff about a hundred times. His stuff is top notch, but from the PM's and e-mails we've exchanged he's a pretty chill guy and he knows his stuff.

 

Peter, I appreciate you. No homo. Ok yeah, maybe a little.

post #3 of 600

X3 on Peter, he's very easy to work with. I have a bunch of his Macromolecules, they all have very good and consistent workmanship, they're always delivered on a timely basis, and I've never had any problems with them. It's a nice lightweight high-quality ergonomic cable.

post #4 of 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post

Dudes I buy from Peter time to time and I have suggested his stuff about a hundred times. His stuff is top notch, but from the PM's and e-mails we've exchanged he's a pretty chill guy and he knows his stuff.

 

Peter, I appreciate you. No homo. Ok yeah, maybe a little.


Same time same place next Friday night?

 

post #5 of 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermafia View Post


Same time same place next Friday night?

 


free-candy-van.jpg

 

post #6 of 600

You're not even gonna treat me to the Holiday Inn, you cad?

post #7 of 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermafia View Post

You're not even gonna treat me to the Holiday Inn, you cad?


That van looks better than some Holiday Inns I've seen. biggrin.gif

 

se

 

 

 

post #8 of 600

That van is a Holiday Inn Express...

post #9 of 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

That van is a Holiday Inn Express...


HA!

 

se

post #10 of 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermafia View Post


Same time same place next Friday night?

 


free-candy-van.jpg

 


 

 

So it looks like you're in a position (boom bada bing) to get a good price on some Double Helix silver wires for an 11' run cable for the HD800?

post #11 of 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmode View Post

So it looks like you're in a position (boom bada bing) to get a good price on some Double Helix silver wires for an 11' run cable for the HD800?


Don't think Peter will be able to beat this guy's prices. biggrin.gif

 

freecablez.jpg

 

But I can assure you Peter's cables are free of lice and bedbugs.

 

se

 

 

 

post #12 of 600

That guy can build you a sweet cable with copper that he steals from the walls of your house.

post #13 of 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmode View Post


 

 

So it looks like you're in a position (boom bada bing) to get a good price on some Double Helix silver wires for an 11' run cable for the HD800?



I'm sure we could work something out M :)


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Eddy View Post


Don't think Peter will be able to beat this guy's prices. biggrin.gif

 

freecablez.jpg

 

But I can assure you Peter's cables are free of lice and bedbugs.

 

se

 

 

 



AHAHAHAHAH oh man I don't know why I don't spend more time on this forum. Something about cable guys and rape humor

post #14 of 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
AHAHAHAHAH oh man I don't know why I don't spend more time on this forum. Something about cable guys and rape humor


Yeah, funny things happen when you combine guys and cables.

 

ahem.jpg

 

se

post #15 of 600

I have DHC Complement balanced for HD800 (but no more HD800) ... ;-)

 

Was an improvement over stock ... but I am comparing single end to balanced at the same time ...

 

I know what a cable do for a headphone. I discover that with my HD650 after have tried for fun a SAA in discount. Sometimes we don't need new headphone ... just a new cable ;-)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread