Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser Amperiors?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser Amperiors? - Page 6

post #76 of 1019


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post


Sound was fairly similar.

Must be the source !  If sennheiser release a more expensive headphone it MUST  sounds better , or it's your fault  biggrin.gif

post #77 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi View Post


 


Must be the source !  If sennheiser release a more expensive headphone it MUST  sounds better , or it's your fault  biggrin.gif


As I said. It was at a show. The employees at the display were wearing them so I started talking to one of them and they let me try it. I only had an iphone on me and they didn't have a dac+amp system as they did with the higher end stuff (hd650+)
post #78 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post


As I said. It was at a show. The employees at the display were wearing them so I started talking to one of them and they let me try it. I only had an iphone on me and they didn't have a dac+amp system as they did with the higher end stuff (hd650+)


But the amperior was intended to be run from an ipod anyway (and I  guess same sound quality for iphone).

 

post #79 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi View Post


But the amperior was intended to be run from an ipod anyway (and I  guess same sound quality for iphone).

 


The Beyer T5p were meant to run from portable sources but still sound much better through a proper system.
post #80 of 1019

Double what glitched said; I was at the SSI as well and noted a more engaging and improved sound over the HD25-1 II; and I work at a Hifi shop and played around wit the hd25's for at least a total of 12 hours during the year. The amperiors sound great for portable headphones, I'll definitely be buying some for general commuting and longboarding. ( I did not get the HD25's because I prefer the IE8's too them, but the IE8's will be leaving for the amperiors). Also note, these are not intended for critical listening, they sounded fun, and that's what I'll be buying it for; easy listening.

 

As for build quality, they feel 1.5x heavier, which makes them feel more robust/ less cheap. The padding on the cups and the headband are the same microfiber as on the HD800/700's. Comfort is the best I've tried on a on-ear (which I'm not usually fond of), actually even more comfortable than B&W P5 + way ahead in terms of sound quality. The addition of a microphone is also convenient, and take note that it is optional.

 

I'm so glad I work for a hifi shop, my Sennheiser sales are great, and they give me large discounts. On top of that I never really saw the benefit because I was never a fan of the Sennheiser sound (besides the HD600's/800's), but things seem to be getting better with the new releases.

 

The HD700's sounded good, albeit not 1000$ good imo, the amperiors were a bigger surprise, the IE80's sounded overall better than my ie8's but not worth the price hike/ doesnt look as nice and the Rs220's were impressive for wireless phones.

 

Oh, and one of the reps said Sennheiser might be in the talks of making headphone amplifiers, though I wouldn't take his word for it because 1. I knew more about Sennheiser and its models/sound than he did and 2. He wore the HD800's backwards.eek.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post

I tried the amperiors today at the SSI today and straight from my iphone.
They sounded very nice, an improvement over the regular hd25.
I talked to the representative and really there are only 3 changes.
The impedance is 18 ohms vs the 70 ohms of the original.
The cups are aluminum and a different design.
The cable will have an inline mic.
Considering the sensitivity and impedance, they were not deafeningly loud.
The velour pads are more comfortable but you could always get a pair for the hd25.
Sound was fairly similar. Only listened to one song so I can't give too much judgement.


 

post #81 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleblanc343 View Post

Double what glitched said; I was at the SSI as well and noted a more engaging and improved sound over the HD25-1 II; and I work at a Hifi shop and played around wit the hd25's for at least a total of 12 hours during the year. The amperiors sound great for portable headphones, I'll definitely be buying some for general commuting and longboarding. ( I did not get the HD25's because I prefer the IE8's too them, but the IE8's will be leaving for the amperiors). Also note, these are not intended for critical listening, they sounded fun, and that's what I'll be buying it for; easy listening.

 

As for build quality, they feel 1.5x heavier, which makes them feel more robust/ less cheap. The padding on the cups and the headband are the same microfiber as on the HD800/700's. Comfort is the best I've tried on a on-ear (which I'm not usually fond of), actually even more comfortable than B&W P5 + way ahead in terms of sound quality. The addition of a microphone is also convenient, and take note that it is optional.

 

I'm so glad I work for a hifi shop, my Sennheiser sales are great, and they give me large discounts. On top of that I never really saw the benefit because I was never a fan of the Sennheiser sound (besides the HD600's/800's), but things seem to be getting better with the new releases.

 

The HD700's sounded good, albeit not 1000$ good imo, the amperiors were a bigger surprise, the IE80's sounded overall better than my ie8's but not worth the price hike/ doesnt look as nice and the Rs220's were impressive for wireless phones.

 

Oh, and one of the reps said Sennheiser might be in the talks of making headphone amplifiers, though I wouldn't take his word for it because 1. I knew more about Sennheiser and its models/sound than he did and 2. He wore the HD800's backwards.eek.gif

 



 


I saw so many people wearing the LCD2 backwards at the show >.<<br />
I have some pics if anybody is interested:
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t169/gamefx/SSI%202012/
post #82 of 1019

I'm good friends with the rep for Bryston/Grado (the one who had the gs1000/ps1000 for demoing). He's a really funny guy
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post


I saw so many people wearing the LCD2 backwards at the show >.<
I have some pics if anybody is interested:
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t169/gamefx/SSI%202012/


 

post #83 of 1019

From Sennheiser rep: "Thank you for contacting Sennheiser. The Amperior is due to begin shipping to authorized dealers this month so you should see them advertised very soon."

 

Looking forward to hearing these!

post #84 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

From Sennheiser rep: "Thank you for contacting Sennheiser. The Amperior is due to begin shipping to authorized dealers this month so you should see them advertised very soon."

 

Looking forward to hearing these!


they're being released on Tuesday 10th April in UK
 

 

post #85 of 1019

That's fantastic news! I hope we're not too far behind in the US!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post


they're being released on Tuesday 10th April in UK
 

 



 

post #86 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

That's fantastic news! I hope we're not too far behind in the US!


mine will be with me on the 11th providing Sennheiser doesn't delay release.... again
 

 

post #87 of 1019
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

From Sennheiser rep: "Thank you for contacting Sennheiser. The Amperior is due to begin shipping to authorized dealers this month so you should see them advertised very soon."

 

Looking forward to hearing these!



Anyone know if it will be cheaper at any authorized dealer? Or do you expect Sennheiser to strictly put the MSRP price?

post #88 of 1019

cheapest I could find in UK was £250 ($400) but Sennheister told the dealer not to advertise that price online & they refused to take a deposit from me.

 

Went to another dealer & got them on pre-order for £260 plus cable mods I wanted, I'll tell you how I find them when I pair them up with my WM-Z.

post #89 of 1019

They can have them at that price. Nuts!

post #90 of 1019

had an email from the hi-fi dealer today... the Amperior's have been delayed as there are problems with production, so don't hold your breath.

 

dealer offered me a refund or guaranteed day after release delivery.... I already expected to receive my Amp's on 11th I told him, why do they always give the impression that they're doing you a massive favour for something you expect by pre-ordering.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser Amperiors?