- 6,842 Posts. Joined 1/2006
- Location: Bay Area, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for the best 'Office on-ear' Last post on 11/7/13 at 4:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob seeking advice Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good Headphones under $300 Total Price Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
To start off I have to clarify that i am not an "Audiophile", nothing about me is audiophile related except the love of music and headphones. So to start this review i'd like to talk about the...
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Sennheiser Amperiors? - Page 50post #736 of 101311/29/12 at 6:59amI like the blue. But both look pretty sharp.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #737 of 101311/29/12 at 7:29amYes I usually like black also and if they came out with one I'd be really tempted. I'm not sure. When promos first came out I thought the silver looked beautiful but then the blue has a cool sporty look to it. I'd have to see both in person to be sure but I think in the end, I'd probably end up picking the silver and black.post #738 of 101311/29/12 at 7:32ampost #739 of 101311/29/12 at 7:32ampost #740 of 101311/29/12 at 7:32ampost #741 of 101311/29/12 at 9:25ampost #742 of 101311/29/12 at 11:17ampost #743 of 101311/29/12 at 11:22amQuote:
LOLpost #744 of 101311/29/12 at 11:56amQuote:
I have the HD25-1 ii and while I'm aware there's room for improvement, they have been satisfying. I did get a good deal on them and I preferred to keep the investment lower for the portables knowing that they'll be exposed to lots of different environments. I also like the fact that the parts are replaceable. The HD25-1 ii did come two pairs of ear pads. leatherette (1) and velour (1). I've always liked the comfort of velour.
The clamp force is strong so it'll take some time to get them to a comfortable state. I put them on a box to help speed along the break-in process. Believe it or not, these were more comfortable long term than the Koss Portapros! I now know that my ears are not as compatible with 'pads'. Donut shape alleviates any kind of pressure from the stiffer cartilage part of the ear. And for those who are familiar with the L-cush pads, I don't problems with those either.
As for style points, I like the Senn over the Beyer.post #745 of 101311/30/12 at 10:36am
Blue, all the way for me! Silver looks kind of boring. Would be really impressed if they would release a version with blue cups and black anodized aluminum hardware all around!post #746 of 101312/4/12 at 2:48ampost #747 of 101312/4/12 at 4:04am
I run em straight out of my Zen. They sounds pretty amazing right there. I personally see no reason to upgrade with such an easy to run can.post #748 of 101312/4/12 at 5:31am
At "half the volume" they're already loud enough to me (depends on the recording, of course, but average speaking...).
Edited by Elektrospeed - 12/4/12 at 5:33ampost #749 of 101312/4/12 at 8:21am
- Sennheiser Amperiors?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Winter 2014 AAMML Holiday Exchange 1 minute ago
- › New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced 2 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 5 minutes ago
- › Headstage Arrow 4G, newly upgraded with battery/enclosure. PRICE DROP! 6 minutes ago
- › Amplifiers shootout for Stax 009 (Eddie Current Electra, AudioValve... 6 minutes ago
- › B&W P7 vs NAD VISO HP50 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 8 minutes ago
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe