- 6,920 Posts. Joined 1/2006
- Location: Bay Area, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for the best 'Office on-ear' Last post on 11/7/13 at 4:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob seeking advice Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good Headphones under $300 Total Price Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
Headphone: LCD-2 rev2 Comparition amp: Schitt Asgard v1 I can't tell how much i love my new Schiit amp - the Mjolnir. However, i remember the mids on my LCD-2 had been more thick and blooming...
I bought this in 2012-06, when my Brainwavz M2 broke. It was given a Sonic Diamond by ClieOS for the pre-order price and 4.2 / 5 for the sound quality, so I expected quite a bit. Unfortunately,...
This review is based on the brief time I had the X5 as part of the UK tour. I am not going in the facts, like spec, what's in the box etc, we all know that by now. This is all my...
Sennheiser Amperiors? - Page 50post #736 of 101711/29/12 at 6:59amI like the blue. But both look pretty sharp.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #737 of 101711/29/12 at 7:29amYes I usually like black also and if they came out with one I'd be really tempted. I'm not sure. When promos first came out I thought the silver looked beautiful but then the blue has a cool sporty look to it. I'd have to see both in person to be sure but I think in the end, I'd probably end up picking the silver and black.post #738 of 101711/29/12 at 7:32ampost #739 of 101711/29/12 at 7:32ampost #740 of 101711/29/12 at 7:32ampost #741 of 101711/29/12 at 9:25ampost #742 of 101711/29/12 at 11:17ampost #743 of 101711/29/12 at 11:22amQuote:
LOLpost #744 of 101711/29/12 at 11:56amQuote:
I have the HD25-1 ii and while I'm aware there's room for improvement, they have been satisfying. I did get a good deal on them and I preferred to keep the investment lower for the portables knowing that they'll be exposed to lots of different environments. I also like the fact that the parts are replaceable. The HD25-1 ii did come two pairs of ear pads. leatherette (1) and velour (1). I've always liked the comfort of velour.
The clamp force is strong so it'll take some time to get them to a comfortable state. I put them on a box to help speed along the break-in process. Believe it or not, these were more comfortable long term than the Koss Portapros! I now know that my ears are not as compatible with 'pads'. Donut shape alleviates any kind of pressure from the stiffer cartilage part of the ear. And for those who are familiar with the L-cush pads, I don't problems with those either.
As for style points, I like the Senn over the Beyer.post #745 of 101711/30/12 at 10:36am
Blue, all the way for me! Silver looks kind of boring. Would be really impressed if they would release a version with blue cups and black anodized aluminum hardware all around!post #746 of 101712/4/12 at 2:48ampost #747 of 101712/4/12 at 4:04am
I run em straight out of my Zen. They sounds pretty amazing right there. I personally see no reason to upgrade with such an easy to run can.post #748 of 101712/4/12 at 5:31am
At "half the volume" they're already loud enough to me (depends on the recording, of course, but average speaking...).
Edited by Elektrospeed - 12/4/12 at 5:33ampost #749 of 101712/4/12 at 8:21am
- Sennheiser Amperiors?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 9 seconds ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 18 seconds ago
- › Closed Over Ear headphones with 3.5mm "standard" detachable cable... 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › FS: NEW MEElectronics M6 IEM White 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 2 minutes ago
- › Too much info. need advice. 2 minutes ago
- › Insane Question! Using Headphones for watching movies? 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by gl0ry
- › AKG K619 Premium DJ Headphones with Mic (Black) by jonnablaze
- › Cowon EM1 In-Earphone by vaibhavp
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude