- 7,139 Posts. Joined 1/2006
- Location: Bay Area, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for the best 'Office on-ear' Last post on 11/7/13 at 4:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob seeking advice Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good Headphones under $300 Total Price Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
Sennheiser Amperiors? - Page 50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the HD25-1 ii and while I'm aware there's room for improvement, they have been satisfying. I did get a good deal on them and I preferred to keep the investment lower for the portables knowing that they'll be exposed to lots of different environments. I also like the fact that the parts are replaceable. The HD25-1 ii did come two pairs of ear pads. leatherette (1) and velour (1). I've always liked the comfort of velour.
The clamp force is strong so it'll take some time to get them to a comfortable state. I put them on a box to help speed along the break-in process. Believe it or not, these were more comfortable long term than the Koss Portapros! I now know that my ears are not as compatible with 'pads'. Donut shape alleviates any kind of pressure from the stiffer cartilage part of the ear. And for those who are familiar with the L-cush pads, I don't problems with those either.
As for style points, I like the Senn over the Beyer.
Blue, all the way for me! Silver looks kind of boring. Would be really impressed if they would release a version with blue cups and black anodized aluminum hardware all around!
I run em straight out of my Zen. They sounds pretty amazing right there. I personally see no reason to upgrade with such an easy to run can.
At "half the volume" they're already loud enough to me (depends on the recording, of course, but average speaking...).
Edited by Elektrospeed - 12/4/12 at 5:33am
- Sennheiser Amperiors?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Review: Westone um 30 Pro 10 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 23 seconds ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › JH13 custom or Roxanne universal? 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E7 USB DAC Audio Jack Problems 6 minutes ago
- › **PRICE DROP**Mr Speakers MAD DOG 3.2 + DOGGIE TREATS + cables 7 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › The Ponomusic PonoPlayer Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3