- 7,063 Posts. Joined 1/2006
- Location: Bay Area, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for the best 'Office on-ear' Last post on 11/7/13 at 4:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob seeking advice Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good Headphones under $300 Total Price Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
Sennheiser Amperiors? - Page 50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the HD25-1 ii and while I'm aware there's room for improvement, they have been satisfying. I did get a good deal on them and I preferred to keep the investment lower for the portables knowing that they'll be exposed to lots of different environments. I also like the fact that the parts are replaceable. The HD25-1 ii did come two pairs of ear pads. leatherette (1) and velour (1). I've always liked the comfort of velour.
The clamp force is strong so it'll take some time to get them to a comfortable state. I put them on a box to help speed along the break-in process. Believe it or not, these were more comfortable long term than the Koss Portapros! I now know that my ears are not as compatible with 'pads'. Donut shape alleviates any kind of pressure from the stiffer cartilage part of the ear. And for those who are familiar with the L-cush pads, I don't problems with those either.
As for style points, I like the Senn over the Beyer.
Blue, all the way for me! Silver looks kind of boring. Would be really impressed if they would release a version with blue cups and black anodized aluminum hardware all around!
I run em straight out of my Zen. They sounds pretty amazing right there. I personally see no reason to upgrade with such an easy to run can.
At "half the volume" they're already loud enough to me (depends on the recording, of course, but average speaking...).
Edited by Elektrospeed - 12/4/12 at 5:33am
- Sennheiser Amperiors?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Q Cable Appreciation Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Headphone recommendations for rock/metal $200 budget 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG Q701 Black 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › ALO RX MKII Tactical Edition 5 minutes ago
- › Is a lossy-lossy conversion process really that degrading in terms... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum on-ear vs over-ear? 6 minutes ago
- › Woodied Sennheiser aka SennGrado Tour Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)