- 7,462 Posts. Joined 1/2006
- Location: Bay Area, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for the best 'Office on-ear' Last post on 11/7/13 at 4:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable, comfy, on-ear recommendation. Maybe over-ear Last post on 5/9/13 at 6:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob seeking advice Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
So these headphones only came-in for me three days ago. I got them used on Amazon for $240, and have listened to them about 10 hours a day (seriously) since I got them, for a total of over 30...
Before I start this review, I would like to thank Creative for sending out a Roar 2 unit to me. I’m quite surprised myself that prior to this, I had never heard a Creative product before, despite...
The Rockmaster OE (along with its sister product the Rockmaster IE) is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this...
The Rockmaster IE is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this by selecting OEM manufacturers and customizing the...
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Sennheiser Amperiors? - Page 50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the HD25-1 ii and while I'm aware there's room for improvement, they have been satisfying. I did get a good deal on them and I preferred to keep the investment lower for the portables knowing that they'll be exposed to lots of different environments. I also like the fact that the parts are replaceable. The HD25-1 ii did come two pairs of ear pads. leatherette (1) and velour (1). I've always liked the comfort of velour.
The clamp force is strong so it'll take some time to get them to a comfortable state. I put them on a box to help speed along the break-in process. Believe it or not, these were more comfortable long term than the Koss Portapros! I now know that my ears are not as compatible with 'pads'. Donut shape alleviates any kind of pressure from the stiffer cartilage part of the ear. And for those who are familiar with the L-cush pads, I don't problems with those either.
As for style points, I like the Senn over the Beyer.
Blue, all the way for me! Silver looks kind of boring. Would be really impressed if they would release a version with blue cups and black anodized aluminum hardware all around!
I run em straight out of my Zen. They sounds pretty amazing right there. I personally see no reason to upgrade with such an easy to run can.
At "half the volume" they're already loud enough to me (depends on the recording, of course, but average speaking...).
Edited by Elektrospeed - 12/4/12 at 5:33am
- Sennheiser Amperiors?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Violectric V200 23 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 49 seconds ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › iFi Launch competition – guess the upcoming new product! Clue #4... 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Takstar HD6000 vs Superlux HD 669 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Pre-Sale $150 Voucher, Video,... 3 minutes ago
- › in-ear headphones--help deciding among these 4 (music likes and... 3 minutes ago
- › Please Help With Dac/Amp choice 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2