Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games) - Page 47

post #691 of 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

anyways, I've got  3ds now, and I'm enjoying Fire Emblem Awakening atm, Might have to purchase the back log of Fire Emblem games I've never played. Bravely Default has been untouched since I got my 3DS. I might start it tommorow 

 

Man, many many many happy hours playing both those games.  I wouldn't say they're perfect, so much fun combat in each.

 

Where's our Advance Wars:  3rD Strike (or whatever they name it)???

post #692 of 704
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post


you CANT get into the First Symphonia :O that's terrible, I felt that way about the second one honestly :/

anyways, I've got  3ds now, and I'm enjoying Fire Emblem Awakening atm, Might have to purchase the back log of Fire Emblem games I've never played. Bravely Default has been untouched since I got my 3DS. I might start it tommorow 

OMG, the GBA Fire Emblem games. GET THEM! They are the BEST. Or just *cough*emulate*cough*, since they are incredibly hard to find, and expensive.

The Gamecube ones are ok. The animations were sooooo bland in comparison to the dynamic 2D animations of the GBA games. The DS one also took a step backwards in animation.
post #693 of 704

Just in case nobody noticed, there's a Golden Week sale happening on US PSN. Bought my Chrono Trigger and Cross for $7.

And also Time and Eternity. Anybody played the game? The reviews seem to be broken down into Love IT and Hate It and not much in between.

post #694 of 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


OMG, the GBA Fire Emblem games. GET THEM! They are the BEST. Or just *cough*emulate*cough*, since they are incredibly hard to find, and expensive.

The Gamecube ones are ok. The animations were sooooo bland in comparison to the dynamic 2D animations of the GBA games. The DS one also took a step backwards in animation.

UGH  I do not WANT TO EMULATE THEM... I want to play them on my 3DS... which I should be able to emulate them on my 3Ds in truth, So I'll have to fiddle with that... UGH but it'll be worth it. Emulating GBA on the 3DS 

post #695 of 704

I'm pretty sure I have one of the GBA Fire Emblems (don't remember how many there were, could've been one for all I remember) on my 3ds as part of...  what did they call it...  3DS Ambassador?  But if any of you don't mind spending a little money and want some portable emulation power, I'd strongly suggest the NVidia Shield.  Its quite the potent little handheld, although I must admit its a bit big compared the 3ds.  Huge actually.  Quite a few of the emulators are designed with the Shield in mind, so they work quite well on them.  If you're looking for home based emulation besides the computer, I've enjoyed doing it on the Ouya.

post #696 of 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoshyant View Post
 

I'm pretty sure I have one of the GBA Fire Emblems (don't remember how many there were, could've been one for all I remember) on my 3ds as part of...  what did they call it...  3DS Ambassador?  But if any of you don't mind spending a little money and want some portable emulation power, I'd strongly suggest the NVidia Shield.  Its quite the potent little handheld, although I must admit its a bit big compared the 3ds.  Huge actually.  Quite a few of the emulators are designed with the Shield in mind, so they work quite well on them.  If you're looking for home based emulation besides the computer, I've enjoyed doing it on the Ouya.

Dang that Ambassador Program offered some really stinkin nice games on it! 

 

Oh well I know there's a 3DS emulation hack out there so I"ll just find it teehee, putting an SD card into the 3DS open it up to Home BRew :D

post #697 of 704

Yep, I think I honestly danced a little when I saw the free games I got from it.

 

Oddly enough this reminds me, I still need to play the 999 sequel.  999 was one I never heard about when it came out, didn't find out until late last year.  I don't remember the last time I so avidly obsessed over a game.  Sorry, I know its off topic b/c its not a JRPG, I just tend to think out loud.


Edited by Saoshyant - 5/5/14 at 3:16pm
post #698 of 704

Well, thanks to a PSN sale and my PS+ discount offering up Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for $10, I went and bought that. Now I own Symphonia twice over and got that much-maligned "sequel" to boot.

 

Since I didn't really start my GameCube run, I might as well play through this release and put up with the 30 FPS cap...

 

And yeah, if you have a 3DS grandfathered into the Ambassador Program, you can get Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. Still gotta play that.

post #699 of 704
Thread Starter 
Just beat the second Symphonia. It was funnish. The story was meh, but you get all the good characters being awesome again, and the battle system was rock solid. And if you feel inclined, you can go all Pokemon and capture all the monsters. Fenia was a one man army, really.

All I would say is to skip all the Katz side quest if you don't want to ruin the game, because those quests will quickly over level your characters. I was a full 30+ levels over the original cast (which stay at predetermined levels). It ruined the game difficulty-wise, and I had to settle with using weak equipment to feel like I wasn't bulldozing everything even on hard.

I hate over leveling, and I hate missing side quests, so it was a conflict of interest.
post #700 of 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Just beat the second Symphonia. It was funnish. The story was meh, but you get all the good characters being awesome again, and the battle system was rock solid. And if you feel inclined, you can go all Pokemon and capture all the monsters. Fenia was a one man army, really.

All I would say is to skip all the Katz side quest if you don't want to ruin the game, because those quests will quickly over level your characters. I was a full 30+ levels over the original cast (which stay at predetermined levels). It ruined the game difficulty-wise, and I had to settle with using weak equipment to feel like I wasn't bulldozing everything even on hard.

I hate over leveling, and I hate missing side quests, so it was a conflict of interest.

Honestly on the old game with the New Story + after like 3 runs I was already OP'd

 

Does the second game have an end game Dugeon like the Nephilim of the first game? Sadly even Nephilim got too easy after 5 runs, when the Devil Arms weps start doing like 5k dmg per hit without techs... special techs would do like 100k dps :/

post #701 of 704
Thread Starter 
Yeah, I believe it has two or something. But you can only get to them on the second playthrough.
post #702 of 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Yeah, I believe it has two or something. But you can only get to them on the second playthrough.

makes sense, I might have to try it... I need something half decent to test wii emulation with now that I think about it! 

post #703 of 704
Thread Starter 
Transistor is out!
post #704 of 704
I've been curious if I'd enjoy that one
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games)