I can see he uses Grado phones. But the red tone is too much. Maybe a darker wood tone similar to his Grado would be a better match? I guess if he likes it thats all that counts. For me the Woo chassis is too small for wood ascent.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 614
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Seriously guys, Joseph is legally blind. I'm not kidding. I know him from the Grado threads.
This may account for his liking the garish embellishment, so we should cut him some slack.
After all...it's just a Woo...
Did you try the 5AW4 I gave you with the amp?
I am using the 5aw4 with success. I just would like to find a GZ34 or a WE 422a.
I prefer the GZ37 I don't think the GZ32 can handle the current.
Ultrainferno had the GZ32 blow up in a 300B amp powering two 300Bs
It blew the fuse in the amp when this happened and destroyed the GZ32.
I would think these tubes will sound closer to the 3DG4.
And even though the WE422 will work it really needs an adapter that reverses pins 2 & 8 for this tube to be it's best.
A GZ34 will be allot cheaper then a WE422.
They clicked on the Thumbs up button on your post.....
How to make a perfectly fine looking Woo Amp look bad
At least in my opinion. Someone should tell him
I don't want to tell him and I agree with you...
I figure that if you can openly reflect on the sound of a rectifier so can you the look of an amp. No judge. No jury. Just opinions shared amongst like-minded or unlike-minded members.
Edited by Clayton SF - 3/25/14 at 9:26pm
Glenn, that was a 5Z4G with the bullet hole plates. And I managed to do that twice
5Z4G is a GZ30 I think
Not judging. To each his own but doesn't freedom of speech allow me to say that looks rather ugly to me?
We're too smart for this world C
Edited by Ultrainferno - 3/26/14 at 2:39am
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Cypher Labs new variant : Picollo DAC 1 minute ago
- › Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival October 25-26 1 minute ago
- › Bottle Head Crack 240V custom build 2 minutes ago
- › How to clean Headphones Velours 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)