I can see he uses Grado phones. But the red tone is too much. Maybe a darker wood tone similar to his Grado would be a better match? I guess if he likes it thats all that counts. For me the Woo chassis is too small for wood ascent.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 614
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Seriously guys, Joseph is legally blind. I'm not kidding. I know him from the Grado threads.
This may account for his liking the garish embellishment, so we should cut him some slack.
After all...it's just a Woo...
Did you try the 5AW4 I gave you with the amp?
I am using the 5aw4 with success. I just would like to find a GZ34 or a WE 422a.
I prefer the GZ37 I don't think the GZ32 can handle the current.
Ultrainferno had the GZ32 blow up in a 300B amp powering two 300Bs
It blew the fuse in the amp when this happened and destroyed the GZ32.
I would think these tubes will sound closer to the 3DG4.
And even though the WE422 will work it really needs an adapter that reverses pins 2 & 8 for this tube to be it's best.
A GZ34 will be allot cheaper then a WE422.
They clicked on the Thumbs up button on your post.....
How to make a perfectly fine looking Woo Amp look bad
At least in my opinion. Someone should tell him
I don't want to tell him and I agree with you...
I figure that if you can openly reflect on the sound of a rectifier so can you the look of an amp. No judge. No jury. Just opinions shared amongst like-minded or unlike-minded members.
Edited by Clayton SF - 3/25/14 at 9:26pm
Glenn, that was a 5Z4G with the bullet hole plates. And I managed to do that twice
5Z4G is a GZ30 I think
Not judging. To each his own but doesn't freedom of speech allow me to say that looks rather ugly to me?
We're too smart for this world C
Edited by Ultrainferno - 3/26/14 at 2:39am
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 7 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Looking for wireless headphones under $100 8 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)