I can see he uses Grado phones. But the red tone is too much. Maybe a darker wood tone similar to his Grado would be a better match? I guess if he likes it thats all that counts. For me the Woo chassis is too small for wood ascent.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 614
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Seriously guys, Joseph is legally blind. I'm not kidding. I know him from the Grado threads.
This may account for his liking the garish embellishment, so we should cut him some slack.
After all...it's just a Woo...
Did you try the 5AW4 I gave you with the amp?
I am using the 5aw4 with success. I just would like to find a GZ34 or a WE 422a.
I prefer the GZ37 I don't think the GZ32 can handle the current.
Ultrainferno had the GZ32 blow up in a 300B amp powering two 300Bs
It blew the fuse in the amp when this happened and destroyed the GZ32.
I would think these tubes will sound closer to the 3DG4.
And even though the WE422 will work it really needs an adapter that reverses pins 2 & 8 for this tube to be it's best.
A GZ34 will be allot cheaper then a WE422.
They clicked on the Thumbs up button on your post.....
How to make a perfectly fine looking Woo Amp look bad
At least in my opinion. Someone should tell him
I don't want to tell him and I agree with you...
I figure that if you can openly reflect on the sound of a rectifier so can you the look of an amp. No judge. No jury. Just opinions shared amongst like-minded or unlike-minded members.
Edited by Clayton SF - 3/25/14 at 9:26pm
Glenn, that was a 5Z4G with the bullet hole plates. And I managed to do that twice
5Z4G is a GZ30 I think
Not judging. To each his own but doesn't freedom of speech allow me to say that looks rather ugly to me?
We're too smart for this world C
Edited by Ultrainferno - 3/26/14 at 2:39am
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 42 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 43 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)