I just got hold of 2 extra NOS 596 tubes. I'm thinking of putting them up for sale
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 1/16/17 at 10:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Warm, good sounding player with no harshness. Spacious and natural sound. Easy to listen for long time without any fatigue. Fiio x5 II sounds more neutral and analytical with harshness on upper...
2359glenn | studio - Page 607
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #9092 of 146883/16/14 at 2:43pmThread StarterQuote:
Ooh just reading that makes my ears hurt. I've been fortunate in the few bouts I've had in my life can be counted on one hand and all lasting a few days or less.Quote:
Now how did some shiny examples of The Mighty 596 just up and fall in your lap?post #9093 of 146883/16/14 at 2:46pm
Found them in Germany from a tube builder who had them to make an amp but didn't get to it. Only 2 tubes, no stash unfortunately and they didn't come cheap either.
Now... ebay or Headfi FS. I won't be keeping them anywaypost #9094 of 146883/16/14 at 2:53pmQuote:
it will help you fund a new project - good times.post #9095 of 146883/16/14 at 3:14pmpost #9096 of 146883/16/14 at 5:16pmThread StarterQuote:
If only I had a gig I'd be the customer on this score. Someday maybe I place 12 in the China cabinet.post #9097 of 146883/16/14 at 5:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Silent One
If only I had a gig I'd be the customer on this score. Someday maybe I place 12 in the China cabinet.
They are becoming like china to be passed down to the next generation....post #9098 of 146883/16/14 at 5:39pmThread StarterQuote:
I'll place 'em next to the Champagne flutes.post #9099 of 146883/16/14 at 5:59pmQuote:
Don't get them mixed up!post #9100 of 146883/16/14 at 6:02pmpost #9101 of 146883/16/14 at 6:08pmThread Starter
It can happen. Horseplay around the dining room with young nephews or cousins not seen in quite some time and then... the entire Mercedes row gets knocked over.post #9102 of 146883/17/14 at 1:07am
Yesterday I had the best 9 year old Rottling wine ever to celebrate the homecoming of the 2 Mighty 596 tubes. I got bored of bubbly SO!!
I'll be putting up the tubes on Headfi for a week or so, then they go to ebaypost #9103 of 146883/17/14 at 1:10ampost #9104 of 146883/17/14 at 1:28amQuote:
really i don´t know but the specialist say me that with 43 years, it´s better not to riskpost #9105 of 146883/17/14 at 3:22amThread StarterQuote:
Well, if I had Reims and Epernay in my backyard, then...
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › V-Moda Crossfade LP 8 seconds ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 25 seconds ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 27 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 1 minute ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 2 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 2 minutes ago
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear