Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2359glenn | studio - Page 586

post #8776 of 10649
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS242 View Post
 

Hey Glenn, I dropped my 339 in the mail today.  You should have it Wednesday.  I know you're busy, so no worries on the time.  Even if you wanted to casually listen to it for awhile, feel free. I'd be curious about your impressions compared with your custom OTL.


I hope you didn't drop it !!

Did you send tubes I don't know if I have 6SJ7s on hand.

post #8777 of 10649
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post
 

Steven you are doomed we really are a very bad influence !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes...wifey is already questioning why my office door is double-locked! :eek: 

post #8778 of 10649
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post
 


I hope you didn't drop it !!

Did you send tubes I don't know if I have 6SJ7s on hand.

 

Don't worry it's packed and taped really well.  There's so much tape on it, it could probably be considered water proof at this point.  I figured you may not have the 6SJ7 tube so I included two of the stock tubes (6Ж4С) and two EF80's with adapters (I've only ever used the stock tubes for testing).  I assumed you would have the 6AS7G tubes covered so I didn't include any.

post #8779 of 10649

How come he's sending you a 339. Is it broken? Are you getting it pimped up?

I like my 339 but I don't think Glenn will appreciate the dark grainy sound compared to his great OTL

 

Glenn, build a 6SJ7 to EF80 adapter. Sweeter sound!

post #8780 of 10649
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post
 

Yes...wifey is already questioning why my office door is double-locked! :eek: 

 

I feel sorry for M.

I really do.

 

Steven you are going to get into trouble sooner than you think.

 

Back to the drawing board for my custom headphones plug........

post #8781 of 10649
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
 

Back to the drawing board for my custom headphones plug........

Stavros, you should try to finish tonight.

You do not want to be thinking about that all night...buona fortuna amico mio!

post #8782 of 10649
Ooh, ultralinear. I have an SCA-35 just begging to be repurposed into a head-amp. smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

+1

Also, "2014" is the year Glenn will have us all Go Ultra Linear. wink_face.gif  


Update: We may need to get him some elves. normal_smile%20.gif
post #8783 of 10649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

Also, "2014" is the year Glenn will have us all Go Ultra Linear. :wink_face: 

 

I've had this for 20 years...it's only "Linear"...can I send it to Glenn or does it have to go all the way to Belgium for the "Ultra" upgrade???

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark
post #8784 of 10649

It does, at least for 6,months

:cool:

post #8785 of 10649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post
 

How come he's sending you a 339. Is it broken? Are you getting it pimped up?

I like my 339 but I don't think Glenn will appreciate the dark grainy sound compared to his great OTL

 

Glenn, build a 6SJ7 to EF80 adapter. Sweeter sound!

 

She's been misbehaving.  Also, wanted to get Glenn's opinion on whether upgrades would be worthwhile.  I'm actually glad to hear his OTL sounds different from the 339.  I was reluctant to get another OTL because I was worried it would sound too similar.  Now I think I have a good reason :) 

post #8786 of 10649
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS242 View Post
 

 

She's been misbehaving.  Also, wanted to get Glenn's opinion on whether upgrades would be worthwhile.  I'm actually glad to hear his OTL sounds different from the 339.  I was reluctant to get another OTL because I was worried it would sound too similar.  Now I think I have a good reason :) 


I will have to look at it

Don't know why it sounds grainy maybe it is that crazy taking the output of the driver off the screen grid.

The 6SJ7 is not that different from the WE310 or the C3 tubes that I use. I don't find graininess  in

my amps that use this type tube.

post #8787 of 10649
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post
 


I will have to look at it

Don't know why it sounds grainy maybe it is that crazy taking the output of the driver off the screen grid.

The 6SJ7 is not that different from the WE310 or the C3 tubes that I use. I don't find graininess  in

my amps that use this type tube.

It is because the 339 has no monkey business inside...interested to hear what you think after you peak under the hood.

post #8788 of 10649
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post
 

It is because the 339 has no monkey business inside...interested to hear what you think after you peak under the hood.


That is what I have to add in a mod monkey business.

Call it the monkey mod.

post #8789 of 10649
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post
 


That is what I have to add in a mod monkey business.

Call it the monkey mod.

 

Disclaimer: No monkeys are harmed during the monkey mod...in fact they enjoy it tremendously!  

post #8790 of 10649

Like these monkeys? :D

*

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio