Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2359glenn | studio - Page 576

post #8626 of 10395
I have 2 pairs of 300b coming soon, wanna test drive them? There supposedly cheap Chelmer 300b. 50.00 usd each.
Edited by Neogeo333 - 2/18/14 at 8:21am
post #8627 of 10395

Do you want to sell a pair ??

I was going to buy a pair of KRs. These cheep tubes only last me a year before one of them burn out.

post #8628 of 10395
I was thinking sending it to you to tried them on your amps. And when im ready for my 300b amp it will be nicely settled.
post #8629 of 10395

OK I will Waite on the KRs then

post #8630 of 10395
What I meant was you can use them for testing purposes. Mis tubos son sus tubos. And if they survive good if they don't they are just cheap tubes. I will let you know once they get here.
post #8631 of 10395

OK I am going to order the KR tubes and if yours get here first I will use them until the KRs get here.

post #8632 of 10395
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post
 


It got late in Greece and you went to bed otherwise you would have been in the middle of it.

I know you are no angle!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

I am bad I know.........

post #8633 of 10395

I just like to post my experience to date with the Bendix graphite tube variations. I do not think that Bendix had high QA standards to simply reject tubes but put those tubes in general circulation as long they will work. I had a Bendix tube that worn out later due to the getter formation that was incomplete at the factory. I also have another Bendix tube that tested good in all conditions on my Sencore tube tester but will not auto adjust the bias correctly in the amp that I am using. Once one of the Bendix tube wear out in the amp I will switch out the remaing Bendix to something else I have in my collection. I am planning for the future where I will still have new tubes to explore.

P.S. I am going to explore something wonderful at PS Audio this weekend. :ksc75smile:  

post #8634 of 10395

John Bendix were making these tubes for aeronautical applications so I would have thought they had high standards.

 

I had Bendix with sorts, but they could have been rejects you never know.

 

What's happening this weekend?

post #8635 of 10395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post
 

Quote:

I agree. We can start here: Hotel Rex

Listener Beware. I live in a small one-bedroom apartment with 75 amps. And I make a good drink too.

Clayton, my house in Bernal is small but the amp/sq.ft. density is much lower than your pad! 

I'm happy to host you and others to evaluate the New OTL.

I have a Viking range, sharp knives and a cocktail shaker so we should be ok!

post #8636 of 10395
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post
 

Clayton, my house in Bernal is small but the amp/sq.ft. density is much lower than your pad! 

I'm happy to host you and others to evaluate the New OTL.

I have a Viking range, sharp knives and a cocktail shaker so we should be ok!


Sounds great!

 

OMG. A Viking Range and New OTL. Heaven.

Olives or pickled cocktail onions, and a twist.

I'm ready to replace my old 1930s stove with a Viking Range. A small Viking Range. But not yet.

post #8637 of 10395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post
 


Sounds great!

 

OMG. A Viking Range and New OTL. Heaven.

Olives or pickled cocktail onions, and a twist.

I'm ready to replace my old 1930s stove with a Viking Range. A small Viking Range. But not yet.

Viking make a little 24" range that is sweet for small space..oven is really efficient too.

 

It would be good to hear the new and your old OTL and maybe my 6CL6 Spud, which is also a simple TV tube based thing...

I'd also be happy for you to try my Shigaraki amp in your system with your matching CD anytime.

Not sure if you have the Shigaraki DAC, but that combo with your Zu's might be special too...cheers!


Edited by parbaked - 2/18/14 at 7:44pm
post #8638 of 10395
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john57 View Post
 

I just like to post my experience to date with the Bendix graphite tube variations. I do not think that Bendix had high QA standards to simply reject tubes but put those tubes in general circulation as long they will work. I had a Bendix tube that worn out later due to the getter formation that was incomplete at the factory. I also have another Bendix tube that tested good in all conditions on my Sencore tube tester but will not auto adjust the bias correctly in the amp that I am using. Once one of the Bendix tube wear out in the amp I will switch out the remaing Bendix to something else I have in my collection. I am planning for the future where I will still have new tubes to explore.

P.S. I am going to explore something wonderful at PS Audio this weekend. :ksc75smile:  

:popcorn:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post
 
 

Clayton, my house in Bernal is small but the amp/sq.ft. density is much lower than your pad! 

I'm happy to host you and others to evaluate the New OTL.

I have a Viking range, sharp knives and a cocktail shaker so we should be ok!

I'd come just so I could:

 

- Meet you

- Hear the new OTL

- See the sharp knives glistening at an angle

- The Viking range working its wonder

- AND ABOVE ALL.... I wanna see the fog! :ksc75smile: Does it really look like it does on TV?

post #8639 of 10395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

:popcorn:

 

I'd come just so I could:

 

- Meet you

- Hear the new OTL

- See the sharp knives glistening at an angle

- The Viking range working its wonder

- AND ABOVE ALL.... I wanna see the fog! :ksc75smile: Does it really look like it does on TV?

SO, your invitation is in the mail...almost...I still have to go to the letterpress to make something special for you!

 

This is from the dining room. That is the 'stick the night of the last 49's home game. If there is fog you will see it!

post #8640 of 10395
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post
 

Viking make a little 24" range that is sweet for small space..oven is really efficient too.

 

It would be good to hear the new and your old OTL and maybe my 6CL6 Spud, which is also a simple TV tube based thing...

I'd also be happy for you to try my Shigaraki amp in your system with your matching CD anytime.

Not sure if you have the Shigaraki DAC, but that combo with your Zu's might be special too...cheers!

 

Sounds great! I am currently using a MHDT Lab Havana DAC with a wonderful curent production JJ 6386 buffer tube. It is very sweet sounding paired with the Shigaraki CD. The CD does not upsample. Very true to the sound.

 

Ah. And the view from my living room window.

You know the fog is in.

 


Edited by Clayton SF - 2/18/14 at 8:06pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio