how about on the 300B, Glenn?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 7/16/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Introduction I would like to start this review off by saying thank you to the folks at Pro-Ject Audio systems for lending me a pair of their brand new Hear-it-One headphones....
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I’d like to thank Vivian from DUNU-Topsound for providing me with a sample of the DN-2000J for my evaluation. My review reflects my actual honest opinion...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 570
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
KISS all the way.
I thought I was the official cookie tester and the assistant to hold the cables while you test capacitors at 233 V and crazy enough to let you touch the live voltage to see what 230V and 50Hz feel like!!!!!!!!!!
Just as well Mama wasn't watching and the girls were out shopping...............
I am sure Glenn is not offended Steven, he has a great sense of humor.
Sweet pig you mean, I am fat enough to be one..............
Glenn has brilliant ideas and I feel privileged to own two of his very nice amps.
Very nice Clayton!
How was dinner?????
I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I am nuts and did touch the live wires plugged in at Stavros house just to see if 50Hz in Europe feels different then 60Hz in the USA.
It does feel different. 233 not so bad compared to 480 at work as far as pain goes.
Stavros you are still my official cookie tester and you will get the amp to evaluate as soon as I have time to build it.
Steven I did not get offended not sure why you thought that that I did.
I made David's 300B amp to hook direct to the 36ohm phones with no resistor but this is for the LCD-X phones
You can hook direct to the 16 ohm output with in efficient phones.But I would pot a 30ohm 10watt resistor across the output terminals 0 and 16 for a load on the amp.
The headphone Jack has resistors that are the same as in the Leben CS-300 and I would use this for sensitive high impedance phones.
And it puts a load on the 16 ohm tap on the output transformer when the phones are plugged in.
Edited by 2359glenn - 2/17/14 at 4:45am
Yes it should be OK to hook these phones to the 16 ohm tap.
Just use the built in headphone jack for 300ohm phones like the HD650 or HD800.
Ahhhh that's what I like meat balls and macaroni or Pizza with meat balls
How about Meat balls and home made noodles they can't be beat!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will send you something to make you feel better
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Audeze's The King Headphone Amp on Indiegogo for 30 Days 21 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 25 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 34 seconds ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2