how about on the 300B, Glenn?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 570
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
KISS all the way.
I thought I was the official cookie tester and the assistant to hold the cables while you test capacitors at 233 V and crazy enough to let you touch the live voltage to see what 230V and 50Hz feel like!!!!!!!!!!
Just as well Mama wasn't watching and the girls were out shopping...............
I am sure Glenn is not offended Steven, he has a great sense of humor.
Sweet pig you mean, I am fat enough to be one..............
Glenn has brilliant ideas and I feel privileged to own two of his very nice amps.
Very nice Clayton!
How was dinner?????
I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I am nuts and did touch the live wires plugged in at Stavros house just to see if 50Hz in Europe feels different then 60Hz in the USA.
It does feel different. 233 not so bad compared to 480 at work as far as pain goes.
Stavros you are still my official cookie tester and you will get the amp to evaluate as soon as I have time to build it.
Steven I did not get offended not sure why you thought that that I did.
I made David's 300B amp to hook direct to the 36ohm phones with no resistor but this is for the LCD-X phones
You can hook direct to the 16 ohm output with in efficient phones.But I would pot a 30ohm 10watt resistor across the output terminals 0 and 16 for a load on the amp.
The headphone Jack has resistors that are the same as in the Leben CS-300 and I would use this for sensitive high impedance phones.
And it puts a load on the 16 ohm tap on the output transformer when the phones are plugged in.
Edited by 2359glenn - 2/17/14 at 4:45am
Yes it should be OK to hook these phones to the 16 ohm tap.
Just use the built in headphone jack for 300ohm phones like the HD650 or HD800.
Ahhhh that's what I like meat balls and macaroni or Pizza with meat balls
How about Meat balls and home made noodles they can't be beat!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will send you something to make you feel better
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Verb IEM Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Alclair 'Reference' In-Ear Monitor Review 4 minutes ago
- › Top Gear 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2