how about on the 300B, Glenn?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction – The first Soundlink Mini was quite an important product in the portable Bluetooth speaker landscape, it was one of the first speakers to use two opposing passive radiators and also...
Part 1 - TORTURE TEST So, have you ever heard the noise from an old laptop's hard drive spinning-up, or the electronic "chirp" of your mouse cursor moving across your screen during music...
FiiO EM3Comfort is King DisclaimerThe EM3 was a review unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to record my thoughts and impressions on how I found the...
I have had this amp now for about 6 months, and I very much enjoy the sound. I didn't even bother with the stock tubes, they got tossed in favor of a matched pair of GE 5657's, and I have a pair of...
Rhapsodio Solar Note: The custom in-ear in this review was provided at a discounted rate. Rhapsodio is an up and coming manufacturer of both custom in-ears and custom-like universals....
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 570
KISS all the way.
I thought I was the official cookie tester and the assistant to hold the cables while you test capacitors at 233 V and crazy enough to let you touch the live voltage to see what 230V and 50Hz feel like!!!!!!!!!!
Just as well Mama wasn't watching and the girls were out shopping...............
I am sure Glenn is not offended Steven, he has a great sense of humor.
Sweet pig you mean, I am fat enough to be one..............
Glenn has brilliant ideas and I feel privileged to own two of his very nice amps.
Very nice Clayton!
How was dinner?????
I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I am nuts and did touch the live wires plugged in at Stavros house just to see if 50Hz in Europe feels different then 60Hz in the USA.
It does feel different. 233 not so bad compared to 480 at work as far as pain goes.
Stavros you are still my official cookie tester and you will get the amp to evaluate as soon as I have time to build it.
Steven I did not get offended not sure why you thought that that I did.
I made David's 300B amp to hook direct to the 36ohm phones with no resistor but this is for the LCD-X phones
You can hook direct to the 16 ohm output with in efficient phones.But I would pot a 30ohm 10watt resistor across the output terminals 0 and 16 for a load on the amp.
The headphone Jack has resistors that are the same as in the Leben CS-300 and I would use this for sensitive high impedance phones.
And it puts a load on the 16 ohm tap on the output transformer when the phones are plugged in.
Edited by 2359glenn - 2/17/14 at 4:45am
Yes it should be OK to hook these phones to the 16 ohm tap.
Just use the built in headphone jack for 300ohm phones like the HD650 or HD800.
Ahhhh that's what I like meat balls and macaroni or Pizza with meat balls
How about Meat balls and home made noodles they can't be beat!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will send you something to make you feel better
- 2359glenn | studio
- › 2016 Tokyo Spring Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Impressions 7 seconds ago
- › The Heads of the Five Families 26 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 37 seconds ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 2 minutes ago
- › Fake Senheiser IE800? 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse