how about on the 300B, Glenn?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 1/16/17 at 10:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
2359glenn | studio - Page 570
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #8537 of 146882/17/14 at 4:30amQuote:Originally Posted by rosgr63
KISS all the way.
I thought I was the official cookie tester and the assistant to hold the cables while you test capacitors at 233 V and crazy enough to let you touch the live voltage to see what 230V and 50Hz feel like!!!!!!!!!!
Just as well Mama wasn't watching and the girls were out shopping...............
I am sure Glenn is not offended Steven, he has a great sense of humor.
Sweet pig you mean, I am fat enough to be one..............
Glenn has brilliant ideas and I feel privileged to own two of his very nice amps.
Very nice Clayton!
How was dinner?????
I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I am nuts and did touch the live wires plugged in at Stavros house just to see if 50Hz in Europe feels different then 60Hz in the USA.
It does feel different. 233 not so bad compared to 480 at work as far as pain goes.
Stavros you are still my official cookie tester and you will get the amp to evaluate as soon as I have time to build it.
Steven I did not get offended not sure why you thought that that I did.post #8538 of 146882/17/14 at 4:44am
I made David's 300B amp to hook direct to the 36ohm phones with no resistor but this is for the LCD-X phones
You can hook direct to the 16 ohm output with in efficient phones.But I would pot a 30ohm 10watt resistor across the output terminals 0 and 16 for a load on the amp.
The headphone Jack has resistors that are the same as in the Leben CS-300 and I would use this for sensitive high impedance phones.
And it puts a load on the 16 ohm tap on the output transformer when the phones are plugged in.
Edited by 2359glenn - 2/17/14 at 4:45ampost #8539 of 146882/17/14 at 4:55ampost #8540 of 146882/17/14 at 5:11amQuote:
Yes it should be OK to hook these phones to the 16 ohm tap.
Just use the built in headphone jack for 300ohm phones like the HD650 or HD800.post #8541 of 146882/17/14 at 8:06ampost #8542 of 146882/17/14 at 10:21ampost #8543 of 146882/17/14 at 10:32ampost #8544 of 146882/17/14 at 10:36ampost #8545 of 146882/17/14 at 10:38amQuote:
Ahhhh that's what I like meat balls and macaroni or Pizza with meat ballspost #8546 of 146882/17/14 at 10:50ampost #8547 of 146882/17/14 at 10:57amQuote:
How about Meat balls and home made noodles they can't be beat!!!!!!!!!!!!post #8548 of 146882/17/14 at 11:04ampost #8549 of 146882/17/14 at 11:10ampost #8550 of 146882/17/14 at 11:23amQuote:
I will send you something to make you feel better
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 seconds ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 3 minutes ago
- › Apogee Groove Dac / Headphone Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Can't find my new earbuds.. 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear