- 951 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 3/14/17 at 1:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
2359glenn | studio - Page 560post #8386 of 149292/13/14 at 1:38pmI can make up the Cary pre, but boy that's one awesome looking man cave you got there. With a setup that that why even bother to go to the big screen.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #8387 of 149292/13/14 at 1:51pm
No. They are RPG Skylines. They came painted to match the wall color!
Having Rob here was a blast. I needed his seal of approval on the room before labeling it a success. I played DJ as we played multiple digital selections before going to vinyl, which sealed the deal.post #8388 of 149292/13/14 at 1:52pmQuote:
The construction took a couple months and then it took 3 more to do all the room treatments. Kudos to Jeff Hedback on his work and design.post #8389 of 149292/13/14 at 1:54pmQuote:
It's a smashing success. I don't get to have that level of music and audio fun all that often since - I of course get to enjoy my own systems, which I do, but rarely do I get to enjoy great music on a great system with an audio buddy It was awesome.post #8390 of 149292/13/14 at 1:54pm
Congrats David, it looks impressive. So euh, when can I come over? I'll just sleep in that couch for a week, I won't bother you too much. Maybe get Clayton there too.post #8391 of 149292/13/14 at 1:56pmpost #8392 of 149292/13/14 at 2:24pmpost #8393 of 149292/13/14 at 2:27pmQuote:I'm still at the Philly airport actually, not clear if I will get out tonight to tomorrow.
Hope you are able to fly soon and have a safe trip, my colleagues told me that is kind of warm in Chicago today. Mid 20s...post #8394 of 149292/13/14 at 2:28pmpost #8395 of 149292/13/14 at 3:13pmpost #8396 of 149292/13/14 at 3:23pm
Thanks for the nice wright up on the amp. I try my best to make the best sounding amps.
I see you popped off the shield's on the C3gs Has it changed the sound?
Quote:Originally Posted by Skylab
Well I finally got to hear a Glenn amp. My planned evening visit to my good friend Minches' house turned into a bit of a longer stay due to the storm...Dave and his awesome wife were kind enough to put me up for the night as my morning flight was cancelled...I'm still at the Philly airport actually, not clear if I will get out tonight to tomorrow.
The GAPE sounded absolutely terrific with the LCD-3. There is a delicacy and detail to the treble that was otherworldly. The bass weight was also colossal, while still being very well defined and controlled. In both these respects if bested my great love the Leben CS-300 (which Dave also has one of, conveniently located right next to the GAPE). Glenn's amp is a top tier headphone amp, no doubt.
One more pic:
That said, it was Dave's unbelievable speaker stereo which was the real treat. Very few have ever heard music reproduced in their home this well. It was astonishing.post #8397 of 149292/13/14 at 3:51pmpost #8398 of 149292/13/14 at 3:52pmpost #8399 of 149292/13/14 at 5:01pmpost #8400 of 149292/13/14 at 5:02pm
I am using a pair of Cary SA-500.1 monoblocks. Those 5As need a lot of juice. The Carys are up to the task.
Edited by dminches - 2/13/14 at 5:15pm
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Future Sonics G10 vs Sony MDR-XB90EX for a basshead? 1 minute ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 8 minutes ago
- › +91-994185138 online love vashikaran specialist baba ji Australi... 10 minutes ago
- › ADL by Furutech iHP-35S-XLR / Balanced cable for HD650/600 10 minutes ago
- › ///----***--*-*-*-+91 7568482899 ~!~@~@~!@~ black ~~! magic @@... 13 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - Introducing KAISER ENCORE and SAGE 14 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 15 minutes ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 15 minutes ago
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear