- 771 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
I try to keep my reviews simple and understandable so I don't go into a large amount of detail with each part. There are others here that do an excellent job at very in depth and detailed reviews....
I'm an on-ear open junkie, so this high praise says a lot about the PX95. A list of on-ear opens I have in various drawer: AKG K512, PX100-ii, PortaPros, Jays V-Jays, and some more that I can't...
Introduction This is a review of the Superlux hd 681 Evo, Version II. It is my first review on Head-Fi, so bear with me. The particular Evo under review here has roughly 40 hrs of burn-in time...
I Background, gear used and manifesto I first got interested in the ECP Black Diamond around the time of its release. I was in the market for a “flagship” amp but still didn’t know what type of...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 560
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
No. They are RPG Skylines. They came painted to match the wall color!
Having Rob here was a blast. I needed his seal of approval on the room before labeling it a success. I played DJ as we played multiple digital selections before going to vinyl, which sealed the deal.
The construction took a couple months and then it took 3 more to do all the room treatments. Kudos to Jeff Hedback on his work and design.
It's a smashing success. I don't get to have that level of music and audio fun all that often since - I of course get to enjoy my own systems, which I do, but rarely do I get to enjoy great music on a great system with an audio buddy It was awesome.
Hope you are able to fly soon and have a safe trip, my colleagues told me that is kind of warm in Chicago today. Mid 20s...
Thanks for the nice wright up on the amp. I try my best to make the best sounding amps.
I see you popped off the shield's on the C3gs Has it changed the sound?
Well I finally got to hear a Glenn amp. My planned evening visit to my good friend Minches' house turned into a bit of a longer stay due to the storm...Dave and his awesome wife were kind enough to put me up for the night as my morning flight was cancelled...I'm still at the Philly airport actually, not clear if I will get out tonight to tomorrow.
The GAPE sounded absolutely terrific with the LCD-3. There is a delicacy and detail to the treble that was otherworldly. The bass weight was also colossal, while still being very well defined and controlled. In both these respects if bested my great love the Leben CS-300 (which Dave also has one of, conveniently located right next to the GAPE). Glenn's amp is a top tier headphone amp, no doubt.
One more pic:
That said, it was Dave's unbelievable speaker stereo which was the real treat. Very few have ever heard music reproduced in their home this well. It was astonishing.
I am using a pair of Cary SA-500.1 monoblocks. Those 5As need a lot of juice. The Carys are up to the task.
Edited by dminches - 2/13/14 at 5:15pm
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Can't get subwoofer to work with DTS Connect and Creative X-Fi... 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 2 minutes ago
- › She is Called Esther ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG k240 or AKG k271 or Bose OE2I or Alessandro MS1 2009 vs 3 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc Amp - Like New 7 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)