- 824 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 6/18/15 at 8:36am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 560
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
No. They are RPG Skylines. They came painted to match the wall color!
Having Rob here was a blast. I needed his seal of approval on the room before labeling it a success. I played DJ as we played multiple digital selections before going to vinyl, which sealed the deal.
The construction took a couple months and then it took 3 more to do all the room treatments. Kudos to Jeff Hedback on his work and design.
It's a smashing success. I don't get to have that level of music and audio fun all that often since - I of course get to enjoy my own systems, which I do, but rarely do I get to enjoy great music on a great system with an audio buddy It was awesome.
Hope you are able to fly soon and have a safe trip, my colleagues told me that is kind of warm in Chicago today. Mid 20s...
Thanks for the nice wright up on the amp. I try my best to make the best sounding amps.
I see you popped off the shield's on the C3gs Has it changed the sound?
Well I finally got to hear a Glenn amp. My planned evening visit to my good friend Minches' house turned into a bit of a longer stay due to the storm...Dave and his awesome wife were kind enough to put me up for the night as my morning flight was cancelled...I'm still at the Philly airport actually, not clear if I will get out tonight to tomorrow.
The GAPE sounded absolutely terrific with the LCD-3. There is a delicacy and detail to the treble that was otherworldly. The bass weight was also colossal, while still being very well defined and controlled. In both these respects if bested my great love the Leben CS-300 (which Dave also has one of, conveniently located right next to the GAPE). Glenn's amp is a top tier headphone amp, no doubt.
One more pic:
That said, it was Dave's unbelievable speaker stereo which was the real treat. Very few have ever heard music reproduced in their home this well. It was astonishing.
I am using a pair of Cary SA-500.1 monoblocks. Those 5As need a lot of juice. The Carys are up to the task.
Edited by dminches - 2/13/14 at 5:15pm
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 31 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 49 seconds ago
- › X5 Upgrade deal? 1 minute ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Forg3D Shields Unveiled - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 5 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 5 minutes ago
- › Speaker Control Center vs Sound Card vs Amp/DAC 5 minutes ago
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by Chaoturbo
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by Voyageur
- › Audio Zenith PMx2 Headphone by rschoi75
- › NuPrime uDSD Hi-resolution USB-powered Portable DAC (PCM 384, DSD... by pennstateee1
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)