- 944 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
THIS IS MY FIRST REVIEW I bought this pair of earphones as a cheap alternative for my broken phone earphones. Once I bought it, I never heard of the brand SoundMagic before yet, and doubted the...
Introduction I recently participated in the OPPO PM-1 loaner program -- many thanks to Chris and the folks at OPPO for providing this wonderful opportunity! I was able to demo the PM-1 headphones...
The Head-Fi website is a place for many good things related to headphones, amplifiers, Digital Audio Players (DAPS), and many more items. Manufacturers will often promote their new items on the...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 560
No. They are RPG Skylines. They came painted to match the wall color!
Having Rob here was a blast. I needed his seal of approval on the room before labeling it a success. I played DJ as we played multiple digital selections before going to vinyl, which sealed the deal.
The construction took a couple months and then it took 3 more to do all the room treatments. Kudos to Jeff Hedback on his work and design.
It's a smashing success. I don't get to have that level of music and audio fun all that often since - I of course get to enjoy my own systems, which I do, but rarely do I get to enjoy great music on a great system with an audio buddy It was awesome.
Congrats David, it looks impressive. So euh, when can I come over? I'll just sleep in that couch for a week, I won't bother you too much. Maybe get Clayton there too.
Hope you are able to fly soon and have a safe trip, my colleagues told me that is kind of warm in Chicago today. Mid 20s...
Thanks for the nice wright up on the amp. I try my best to make the best sounding amps.
I see you popped off the shield's on the C3gs Has it changed the sound?
Well I finally got to hear a Glenn amp. My planned evening visit to my good friend Minches' house turned into a bit of a longer stay due to the storm...Dave and his awesome wife were kind enough to put me up for the night as my morning flight was cancelled...I'm still at the Philly airport actually, not clear if I will get out tonight to tomorrow.
The GAPE sounded absolutely terrific with the LCD-3. There is a delicacy and detail to the treble that was otherworldly. The bass weight was also colossal, while still being very well defined and controlled. In both these respects if bested my great love the Leben CS-300 (which Dave also has one of, conveniently located right next to the GAPE). Glenn's amp is a top tier headphone amp, no doubt.
One more pic:
That said, it was Dave's unbelievable speaker stereo which was the real treat. Very few have ever heard music reproduced in their home this well. It was astonishing.
I am using a pair of Cary SA-500.1 monoblocks. Those 5As need a lot of juice. The Carys are up to the task.
Edited by dminches - 2/13/14 at 5:15pm
- 2359glenn | studio
- › FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"! 14 seconds ago
- › Introduction and help looking for low budget IEM 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 1 minute ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 1 minute ago
- › Headphone amp for the office 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › Philips SHG7980 PC Gaming Headset With Adjustable Microphone by Triquatra
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by H20Fidelity
- › IHIFI-812V2 by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse