- 951 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on Today at 5:21 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
There are a few brands that could be considered a powerhouse in the world of audio and headphones and beyerdynamic is without a doubt one of them. beyerdynamic has been family owned since...
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
2359glenn | studio - Page 556post #8326 of 146622/11/14 at 9:54amWe can also stop in Cuba for some mojitos, witches love mojitos.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #8327 of 146622/11/14 at 9:58ampost #8328 of 146622/11/14 at 10:07am
This is such a unique and wonderful thread.
We are talking about amps, tubes, guided missile systems, music, pizza, cookies, ice cream, horses, ships, mojitos and girls all at the same time.................post #8329 of 146622/11/14 at 10:09amQuote:
Another great legend, his legacy will live on. RIP.post #8330 of 146622/11/14 at 10:13ampost #8331 of 146622/11/14 at 10:33ampost #8332 of 146622/11/14 at 11:24amQuote:
and slingshots for the tubes....post #8333 of 146622/11/14 at 4:37pmThread StarterQuote:
It should come as no surprise that his favorite quote was:
"He who would go 100 miles should consider 99 the halfway mark."
- Japanese proverb
The the artist and the man was flat-out driven!
Edited by Silent One - 2/11/14 at 4:41pmpost #8334 of 146622/11/14 at 5:22pmQuote:
I will be writing that quote on the board here at work. That is an excellent way to view your work and the world.
RIP, Ken Shindo.post #8335 of 146622/11/14 at 6:05pmQuote:
I just had a look at the shindo website, those speakers - Shindo Latour, i think are the nicest speakers that i have ever seen.post #8336 of 146622/11/14 at 6:15pmQuote:
Yeah, even the less dear Lafite are also lovely:
Because of the Shindo craftsmanship and passion, owners often select likewise thoughtfully crafted speakers like the LaTours, Lafite or others.
This is one of my favorite Shindo's systems from an A-Gon ad - so simple.
I can't remember who makes the speakers but I did try to persuade SO to buy thempost #8337 of 146622/11/14 at 6:34pmpost #8338 of 146622/11/14 at 9:47pm
Speaker stands are Audio Note, speakers looks alike to, but not original AN, are they DIY?
added: Ah, I see, already mentioned Shindo
Edited by Blackmore - 2/11/14 at 9:50pmpost #8339 of 146622/11/14 at 11:31pmThread Starter
*** ROAD SHOW 2014 2015 ***
Never too early to start good planing. Our resident designer continues to shine and has tremendous support. At what point and what show do we collectively push him onto to the big stage, say RMAF, "The Show," CES, Munich? Sure, some of his creations have turned up at regional head-fi meets. I'm talkin' 'bout his participation as a MOT with 2-3 killer amps to show. Let's help him crash the party!
What say you?post #8340 of 146622/12/14 at 8:10amSomeone posted this in another forum and I was wondering what you guys think. "Your 1958 Dutch made (X marking) Philips production GZ-34 / 5AR4 was the first version made after the metal base. If you had this tube and a metal base GZ-34 (all were Philips production) side by side, the internals would be identical: Double 'D' getters and smooth plates. I have not taken the time to do an A/B comparison but others who have claim they sound similar, if not identical, to the metal base version."
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 21 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Official Hong Kong Thread (Shops, Meets, Events and more-) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › T20RP drivers not matching - Left stronger than the right in the... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear