- 951 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 3/14/17 at 1:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
2359glenn | studio - Page 556post #8326 of 149432/11/14 at 9:54amWe can also stop in Cuba for some mojitos, witches love mojitos.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #8327 of 149432/11/14 at 9:58ampost #8328 of 149432/11/14 at 10:07am
This is such a unique and wonderful thread.
We are talking about amps, tubes, guided missile systems, music, pizza, cookies, ice cream, horses, ships, mojitos and girls all at the same time.................post #8329 of 149432/11/14 at 10:09amQuote:
Another great legend, his legacy will live on. RIP.post #8330 of 149432/11/14 at 10:13ampost #8331 of 149432/11/14 at 10:33ampost #8332 of 149432/11/14 at 11:24amQuote:
and slingshots for the tubes....post #8333 of 149432/11/14 at 4:37pmThread StarterQuote:
It should come as no surprise that his favorite quote was:
"He who would go 100 miles should consider 99 the halfway mark."
- Japanese proverb
The the artist and the man was flat-out driven!
Edited by Silent One - 2/11/14 at 4:41pmpost #8334 of 149432/11/14 at 5:22pmQuote:
I will be writing that quote on the board here at work. That is an excellent way to view your work and the world.
RIP, Ken Shindo.post #8335 of 149432/11/14 at 6:05pmQuote:
I just had a look at the shindo website, those speakers - Shindo Latour, i think are the nicest speakers that i have ever seen.post #8336 of 149432/11/14 at 6:15pmQuote:
Yeah, even the less dear Lafite are also lovely:
Because of the Shindo craftsmanship and passion, owners often select likewise thoughtfully crafted speakers like the LaTours, Lafite or others.
This is one of my favorite Shindo's systems from an A-Gon ad - so simple.
I can't remember who makes the speakers but I did try to persuade SO to buy thempost #8337 of 149432/11/14 at 6:34pmpost #8338 of 149432/11/14 at 9:47pm
Speaker stands are Audio Note, speakers looks alike to, but not original AN, are they DIY?
added: Ah, I see, already mentioned Shindo
Edited by Blackmore - 2/11/14 at 9:50pmpost #8339 of 149432/11/14 at 11:31pmThread Starter
*** ROAD SHOW 2014 2015 ***
Never too early to start good planing. Our resident designer continues to shine and has tremendous support. At what point and what show do we collectively push him onto to the big stage, say RMAF, "The Show," CES, Munich? Sure, some of his creations have turned up at regional head-fi meets. I'm talkin' 'bout his participation as a MOT with 2-3 killer amps to show. Let's help him crash the party!
What say you?post #8340 of 149432/12/14 at 8:10amSomeone posted this in another forum and I was wondering what you guys think. "Your 1958 Dutch made (X marking) Philips production GZ-34 / 5AR4 was the first version made after the metal base. If you had this tube and a metal base GZ-34 (all were Philips production) side by side, the internals would be identical: Double 'D' getters and smooth plates. I have not taken the time to do an A/B comparison but others who have claim they sound similar, if not identical, to the metal base version."
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 16 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › why does a cheap wired headset that costs 1/10th the price of a... 1 minute ago
- › New DIY Altoids Tin Amp - The Class A "Wintergreen Handwarmer" by... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 6 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio V3 Discussion and Mods. 6 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear