Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 1/16/17 at 10:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
2359glenn | studio - Page 467post #6991 of 1477012/1/13 at 12:29pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #6992 of 1477012/1/13 at 12:35pmpost #6993 of 1477012/1/13 at 12:53pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Clayton SF
Chic! A great disco LP from the past. Love the cover.
I've never been able to find a great recording of Miles Davis - Kind of Blue. The opening notes sound so distorted and overly saturated. SO, do you think it was originally recorded this way? It sounds like his trumpet is too close to the mike. I have 3 versions and they all sound like that. It is, however, one of my favorite LPs.
Happy downloading and listening. I just downloaded this CD: http://www.classicsonline.com/catalogue/product.aspx?pid=1960980
It is incredible on my WA22 with RCA 6AS7, CBS 6SN7, and Amperex 5AR4
Ooh, new music! Will check out Miss Tasmin later this evening (post football ). I'm trying to cut snack purchases next week to afford a new CD: Camille Thomas et Béatrice Berrut
"Kind Of Blue" - Unfortunately, the distortion appears to be original, whatever happened during that session. As I understand from reading the liner notes of Bill Evans (an excerpt below), there were no practices. While I find that aforementioned passage troubling with each listen, that the group bravely lived in the moment and went for it, leaves me with strong admiration.
"Miles conceived these settings only hours before the recording dates and arrived with sketches which indicated to the group what was to be played. Therefore, you will hear something close to pure spontaneity in these performances. The group had never played these pieces prior to the recordings and I think without exception the first complete performance of each was a "take."
- Bill Evans
Edited by Silent One - 12/1/13 at 12:55pmpost #6994 of 1477012/1/13 at 1:08pmpost #6995 of 1477012/1/13 at 1:18pmpost #6996 of 1477012/1/13 at 1:34pmThread StarterQuote:
SO. Here's The Lark Ascending.wav for your post football enjoyment.
A resounding "Thanks" from around the way... down I-5! Since my team already lost (Oakland Raiders), I may even slide the KEFs into position and watch the game with no volume while music fills the air.post #6997 of 1477012/1/13 at 1:44pmThread StarterQuote:
If one truly understood the era, not only did some performers routinely miss notes, but whole performances... while being on stage! But I'm not talkin'.post #6998 of 1477012/1/13 at 2:24pmpost #6999 of 1477012/1/13 at 3:58pmpost #7000 of 1477012/1/13 at 5:16pmpost #7001 of 1477012/1/13 at 5:18pmpost #7002 of 1477012/1/13 at 6:57pmpost #7003 of 1477012/1/13 at 7:26pmThread Starterpost #7004 of 1477012/2/13 at 2:46ampost #7005 of 1477012/2/13 at 9:18am
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 34 seconds ago
- › Need help with choosing Dac/amp for AKG K712 Pro 1 minute ago
- › 🇬🇧 🇨🇦 Official ♦♦ Chord Hugo2 Canadian Tour ♦♦ Thread 🇨🇦 🇬🇧 1 minute ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 2 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Can my amp drive HE-6 5 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 7 minutes ago
- › Watts Up...? 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear