Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 467
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Chic! A great disco LP from the past. Love the cover.
I've never been able to find a great recording of Miles Davis - Kind of Blue. The opening notes sound so distorted and overly saturated. SO, do you think it was originally recorded this way? It sounds like his trumpet is too close to the mike. I have 3 versions and they all sound like that. It is, however, one of my favorite LPs.
Happy downloading and listening. I just downloaded this CD: http://www.classicsonline.com/catalogue/product.aspx?pid=1960980
It is incredible on my WA22 with RCA 6AS7, CBS 6SN7, and Amperex 5AR4
Ooh, new music! Will check out Miss Tasmin later this evening (post football ). I'm trying to cut snack purchases next week to afford a new CD: Camille Thomas et Béatrice Berrut
"Kind Of Blue" - Unfortunately, the distortion appears to be original, whatever happened during that session. As I understand from reading the liner notes of Bill Evans (an excerpt below), there were no practices. While I find that aforementioned passage troubling with each listen, that the group bravely lived in the moment and went for it, leaves me with strong admiration.
"Miles conceived these settings only hours before the recording dates and arrived with sketches which indicated to the group what was to be played. Therefore, you will hear something close to pure spontaneity in these performances. The group had never played these pieces prior to the recordings and I think without exception the first complete performance of each was a "take."
- Bill Evans
Edited by Silent One - 12/1/13 at 12:55pm
SO. Here's The Lark Ascending.wav for your post football enjoyment.
A resounding "Thanks" from around the way... down I-5! Since my team already lost (Oakland Raiders), I may even slide the KEFs into position and watch the game with no volume while music fills the air.
If one truly understood the era, not only did some performers routinely miss notes, but whole performances... while being on stage! But I'm not talkin'.
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FS: Sennheiser HD600 (UK/EU) 4 seconds ago
- › Help me chose closed over the ear headphones in between 100-200$ 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD900x rubber band mod? 2 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.50 download and discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 vs Fostex TH-900? 6 minutes ago
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2