Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 6/18/15 at 8:36am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 467
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Chic! A great disco LP from the past. Love the cover.
I've never been able to find a great recording of Miles Davis - Kind of Blue. The opening notes sound so distorted and overly saturated. SO, do you think it was originally recorded this way? It sounds like his trumpet is too close to the mike. I have 3 versions and they all sound like that. It is, however, one of my favorite LPs.
Happy downloading and listening. I just downloaded this CD: http://www.classicsonline.com/catalogue/product.aspx?pid=1960980
It is incredible on my WA22 with RCA 6AS7, CBS 6SN7, and Amperex 5AR4
Ooh, new music! Will check out Miss Tasmin later this evening (post football ). I'm trying to cut snack purchases next week to afford a new CD: Camille Thomas et Béatrice Berrut
"Kind Of Blue" - Unfortunately, the distortion appears to be original, whatever happened during that session. As I understand from reading the liner notes of Bill Evans (an excerpt below), there were no practices. While I find that aforementioned passage troubling with each listen, that the group bravely lived in the moment and went for it, leaves me with strong admiration.
"Miles conceived these settings only hours before the recording dates and arrived with sketches which indicated to the group what was to be played. Therefore, you will hear something close to pure spontaneity in these performances. The group had never played these pieces prior to the recordings and I think without exception the first complete performance of each was a "take."
- Bill Evans
Edited by Silent One - 12/1/13 at 12:55pm
SO. Here's The Lark Ascending.wav for your post football enjoyment.
A resounding "Thanks" from around the way... down I-5! Since my team already lost (Oakland Raiders), I may even slide the KEFs into position and watch the game with no volume while music fills the air.
If one truly understood the era, not only did some performers routinely miss notes, but whole performances... while being on stage! But I'm not talkin'.
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 19 seconds ago
- › IEMs Under $1000, Good bass, isolation and could fall asleep with... 58 seconds ago
- › New to the community looking for advice for an amp 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Old Audiophile, new to headphones 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › NAD VISO HP50 vs Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)