or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2359glenn | studio - Page 457

post #6841 of 14432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post
 

I'll ask somewhere else I guess :rolleyes:

 

I like the Ikea Poäng chair.

 

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19903928/

post #6842 of 14432

Man... Try and be helpful.....:D

post #6843 of 14432
Quote:
Originally Posted by wotts View Post
 

 

I like the Ikea Poäng chair.

 

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19903928/

That's the chair that I use as well, and I like it quite a bit.  Used to use it to rock the baby to sleep, but now that he's a bit older the chair has been repurposed for my listening area. :darthsmile:

post #6844 of 14432

I actually use a nice leather sofa....If I get too relaxed I can just take a nap!

post #6845 of 14432
Thread Starter 

Status Report.:

 

Found: 1 of 2 missing Wireworld power cords for the 2359glenn OTL Silver Hawk.

 

Missing:  :(

 

1. Remaining Wireworld power cord

2. 1957 USAF-596 rectifier

3. Pair of Mid-1940s TS-Black Glass Round Plates

 

 

Should have the amp wired next hour...

 

 

 

: :   2359glenn OTL Silver Hawk - Redux!   : :

 

979277 

 

Forgot to bring the HD650 home with me. Will listen Saturday evening.


Edited by Silent One - 11/23/13 at 2:10am
post #6846 of 14432

With all the conversation about the HE-6 need for power, how does it perform with Silver Hawk?

post #6847 of 14432
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post
 

With all the conversation about the HE-6 need for power, how does it perform with Silver Hawk?

 

I'm retrieving the HD650 this evening. But just for you :wink_face: I leashed up the HE-6 last hour. There were no surprises. Last year, I had the HE-6 on loan and made this effort. The amp still renders wonderful detail but does not adequately drive the cans. The presentation sounds thin and restricted from very low to normal listening levels. Some recordings escape better than others but... notes are not always arriving full-bodied; developed, before their decay.

 

To be fair, the amp simply requires more efficient cans. Both the HE-6 and OTL are great dancers only in need of the right partners.


Edited by Silent One - 11/23/13 at 1:10pm
post #6848 of 14432

I would like to hear a pair of HE-6's one day. I doubt I will ever want a pair. Loving the HD800's way too much.

 

Thanks for the impressions! I appreciate your perspective.

 

:beerchug:

post #6849 of 14432
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post
 

I would like to hear a pair of HE-6's one day. I doubt I will ever want a pair. Loving the HD800's way too much.

 

Thanks for the impressions! I appreciate your perspective.

 

:beerchug:

 

:wink_face: Ah... a love affair... we be so happy for you! May you stay the course. Just returned home with the HD650, so tonight and Sunday I can give the OTL a proper listen. If that ain't enough, I just took delivery of a parcel post from Hong Kong. A quick look inside reveals...

 

...it's "K-Mok!" :wink:

 

 

Karen Mok - "The Age of Moknificence" which is a 20th anniversary celebration for her in music. Though, she's an actress as well. This 3-CD + DVD set will give the OTL something to work with. :ksc75smile: The next 36 hours you may wanna poke me; make sure I've had something to eat.


Edited by Silent One - 11/23/13 at 6:56pm
post #6850 of 14432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post
 

I would like to hear a pair of HE-6's one day. I doubt I will ever want a pair. Loving the HD800's way too much.

 

Thanks for the impressions! I appreciate your perspective.

 

:beerchug:

 

:wink_face: Ah... a love affair... we be so happy for you! May you stay the course. Just returned home with the HD650, so tonight and Sunday I can give the OTL a proper listen. If that ain't enough, I just took delivery of a parcel post from Hong Kong. A quick look inside reveals...

 

...it's "K-Mok!" :wink:

 

 

Karen Mok - "The Age of Moknificence" which is a 20th anniversary celebration for her in music. Though, she's an actress as well. This 3-CD + DVD set will give the OTL something to work with. :ksc75smile: The next 36 hours you may wanna poke me; make sure I've had something to eat.

We'll leave you to your rapture...:ph34r: 

post #6851 of 14432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

 

I'm retrieving the HD650 this evening. But just for you :wink_face: I leashed up the HE-6 last hour. There were no surprises. Last year, I had the HE-6 on loan and made this effort. The amp still renders wonderful detail but does not adequately drive the cans. The presentation sounds thin and restricted from very low to normal listening levels. Some recordings escape better than others but... notes are not always arriving full-bodied; developed, before their decay.

 

To be fair, the amp simply requires more efficient cans. Both the HE-6 and OTL are great dancers only in need of the right partners.

I wanted to ask you if you have heard LCD headphones through your OTL? 

post #6852 of 14432
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 
 

I wanted to ask you if you have heard LCD headphones through your OTL? 

 

Not yet. I had LCD-2s on loan for a couple of months but returned them prior to receiving the OTL.

post #6853 of 14432

Glenn and L arrived safely.

post #6854 of 14432
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
 

Glenn and L arrived safely.

Thanks for the update!

:popcorn:

post #6855 of 14432
Thread Starter 

:thumb: Easy as 1-2-3... plugged in the HD650 and found a free bedside rig!

 

But that's not all I found. On the other side of the bed, temptation was at once hiding :blink:and whispering "Pssst... upgrade the cable!"

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio