Your trip caught me completely off guard! If I had any kind of advance notice, I would have sent you a few dollars for an item or two. Like s-a-y... a tea cup!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on Yesterday at 10:12 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
2359glenn | studio - Page 439post #6571 of 1468611/14/13 at 12:57amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #6572 of 1468611/14/13 at 1:09amQuote:Originally Posted by jc9394
Thanks Ultra, same as what john57 said in his earlier post.
"~~Today was my first day I read up the 6336 tubes in detail. As far I could tell the 6336A and the B version was mostly the same except possibility that the B version which may have been rated at a higher JAN vibration standard."
6336s here are widely available. Must be because of dealers charging 40€ a piece!post #6573 of 1468611/14/13 at 1:19ampost #6574 of 1468611/14/13 at 2:43ampost #6575 of 1468611/14/13 at 3:56amQuote:
Traditional Chinese one? Any pattern preference?
My trip caught me off guard too, there is a rumor floating that a Chicago trip will be in a near future for a week long meeting but never confirmed. On last Tuesday, got an email from my manager saying the Chicago trip is cancelled but you need to fly to Japan instead. It is out of nowhere for trip to Japan and not to mention getting last minute ticket is not fun too, there are only two seat left for my flight.
Edited by jc9394 - 11/14/13 at 4:03ampost #6576 of 1468611/14/13 at 6:07am
^ jc9394--are you still listening to your SWA b22 amp? I am. It's great that you don't have to worry about finding new tube combos for a great ss amp. Just sit back and enjoy the music.
You should visit more often. :)post #6577 of 1468611/14/13 at 6:35ampost #6578 of 1468611/14/13 at 6:54am
I know. I was just too lazy to find out how to create those symbols on my keyboard.post #6579 of 1468611/14/13 at 8:34amQuote:
yeah thats what happened to me i think
it was a 6336A
i just threw them away right now. oh well, they were only 50$. i should of gone for the 150$ pairs online.post #6580 of 1468611/14/13 at 8:37amQuote:
Indeed. Also, I am fairly certain that only Cetron made the 6336B (irrespective of brand)post #6581 of 1468611/14/13 at 8:39amQuote:
I have an extra pair of TungSols which I think are identical to the Centrons. Glenn blessed them.post #6582 of 1468611/14/13 at 8:40amQuote:
Do me a favor? Can you put a 596 in the Glenn and take a pic? I wanna see what it looks like in the new OTL. BTW my birthday is the 8th of December.post #6583 of 1468611/14/13 at 8:43amQuote:
By the time the 6336B came to exist, Cetron owned Tung-Sol.post #6584 of 1468611/14/13 at 8:44am
There you go.
I guess it is possible that there could have been different designs, but I think they look the same.post #6585 of 1468611/14/13 at 9:30am
Four years ago I did a bunch of research into Cetron:
The formatting of my post on AA got messed up, but the basics are there, for those interested in a bit of tube manufacturing history.
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Beyer DT990 Pro 250 ohm vs Philips Fidelio X2 for gaming 1 minute ago
- › Amp. What's the point??? 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread 4 minutes ago
- › WTB: HD 6xx 4 minutes ago
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO Holiday Schedule for 2017 Chinese New Year 7 minutes ago
- › DLeeWebb breaks 55,000 posts - Daylight Second 8 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear