Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2359glenn | studio - Page 439

post #6571 of 10818
Thread Starter 

Your trip caught me completely off guard! If I had any kind of advance notice, I would have sent you a few dollars for an item or two. Like s-a-y... :rolleyes: a tea cup! 

post #6572 of 10818
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post
 

Thanks Ultra, same as what john57 said in his earlier post.

 

"~~Today was my first day I read up the 6336 tubes in detail. As far I could tell the 6336A and the B version was mostly the same except possibility that the B version which may have been rated at a higher JAN vibration standard."

 

6336s here are widely available. Must be because of dealers charging 40€ a piece!

post #6573 of 10818

i bought a pair on ebay fairly cheap, one of them just died on me today.....oh well.

post #6574 of 10818

Not all 6336's are suitable, some may arc over.

 

The safest bet are the Cetron and those which have a similar structure.

post #6575 of 10818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Your trip caught me completely off guard! If I had any kind of advance notice, I would have sent you a few dollars for an item or two. Like s-a-y... rolleyes.gif  a tea cup! 

Traditional Chinese one? Any pattern preference?

My trip caught me off guard too, there is a rumor floating that a Chicago trip will be in a near future for a week long meeting but never confirmed. On last Tuesday, got an email from my manager saying the Chicago trip is cancelled but you need to fly to Japan instead. It is out of nowhere for trip to Japan and not to mention getting last minute ticket is not fun too, there are only two seat left for my flight.
Edited by jc9394 - 11/14/13 at 4:03am
post #6576 of 10818

^ jc9394--are you still listening to your SWA b22 amp? I am. It's great that you don't have to worry about finding new tube combos for a great ss amp. Just sit back and enjoy the music.

 

You should visit more often. :)

post #6577 of 10818

Behave you two.........

BTW it's β22 + σ22 not b22 + s22

 

Here's a nice rectifier photo:

 

 

post #6578 of 10818
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
 

Behave you two.........

BTW it's β22 + σ22 not b22 + s22

 

I know. I was just too lazy to find out how to create those symbols on my keyboard.

post #6579 of 10818
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
 

Not all 6336's are suitable, some may arc over.

 

The safest bet are the Cetron and those which have a similar structure.

yeah thats what happened to me i think

 

it was a 6336A

 

i just threw them away right now. oh well, they were only 50$. i should of gone for the 150$ pairs online.

post #6580 of 10818
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
 

Not all 6336's are suitable, some may arc over.

 

The safest bet are the Cetron and those which have a similar structure.

 

 

Indeed.  Also, I am fairly certain that only Cetron made the 6336B (irrespective of brand)

post #6581 of 10818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

yeah thats what happened to me i think

 

it was a 6336A

 

i just threw them away right now. oh well, they were only 50$. i should of gone for the 150$ pairs online.

 

I have an extra pair of TungSols which I think are identical to the Centrons.  Glenn blessed them.

post #6582 of 10818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

yeah thats what happened to me i think

 

it was a 6336A

 

i just threw them away right now. oh well, they were only 50$. i should of gone for the 150$ pairs online.

Do me a favor? Can you put a 596 in the Glenn and take a pic? I wanna see what it looks like in the new OTL. BTW my birthday is the 8th of December. 

post #6583 of 10818
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post
 

 

I have an extra pair of TungSols which I think are identical to the Centrons.  Glenn blessed them.

 

By the time the 6336B came to exist, Cetron owned Tung-Sol.

post #6584 of 10818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
 

 

By the time the 6336B came to exist, Cetron owned Tung-Sol.

 

There you go.

 

I guess it is possible that there could have been different designs, but I think they look the same.

post #6585 of 10818

Four years ago I did a bunch of research into Cetron:

 

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/tubes/messages/21/215937.html

 

The formatting of my post on AA got messed up, but the basics are there, for those interested in a bit of tube manufacturing history.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio