Your trip caught me completely off guard! If I had any kind of advance notice, I would have sent you a few dollars for an item or two. Like s-a-y... a tea cup!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 6/18/15 at 8:36am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 439
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thanks Ultra, same as what john57 said in his earlier post.
"~~Today was my first day I read up the 6336 tubes in detail. As far I could tell the 6336A and the B version was mostly the same except possibility that the B version which may have been rated at a higher JAN vibration standard."
6336s here are widely available. Must be because of dealers charging 40€ a piece!
Traditional Chinese one? Any pattern preference?
My trip caught me off guard too, there is a rumor floating that a Chicago trip will be in a near future for a week long meeting but never confirmed. On last Tuesday, got an email from my manager saying the Chicago trip is cancelled but you need to fly to Japan instead. It is out of nowhere for trip to Japan and not to mention getting last minute ticket is not fun too, there are only two seat left for my flight.
Edited by jc9394 - 11/14/13 at 4:03am
^ jc9394--are you still listening to your SWA b22 amp? I am. It's great that you don't have to worry about finding new tube combos for a great ss amp. Just sit back and enjoy the music.
You should visit more often. :)
I know. I was just too lazy to find out how to create those symbols on my keyboard.
yeah thats what happened to me i think
it was a 6336A
i just threw them away right now. oh well, they were only 50$. i should of gone for the 150$ pairs online.
Indeed. Also, I am fairly certain that only Cetron made the 6336B (irrespective of brand)
I have an extra pair of TungSols which I think are identical to the Centrons. Glenn blessed them.
Do me a favor? Can you put a 596 in the Glenn and take a pic? I wanna see what it looks like in the new OTL. BTW my birthday is the 8th of December.
By the time the 6336B came to exist, Cetron owned Tung-Sol.
There you go.
I guess it is possible that there could have been different designs, but I think they look the same.
Four years ago I did a bunch of research into Cetron:
The formatting of my post on AA got messed up, but the basics are there, for those interested in a bit of tube manufacturing history.
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 50 seconds ago
- › Wanted: a Beyerdynamic DT-770 owner with measuring tape 1 minute ago
- › Surface Pro 3 support? 2 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 2 minutes ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 6 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Cotnijoe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)