Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2359glenn | studio - Page 437

post #6541 of 10326

That name brand always been associated with higher price. 

post #6542 of 10326

Probably made by TS but of higher spec with closely matched sections and tighter tolerances.

 

Other factories also made tubes for WE with better specs. 

post #6543 of 10326

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the cheap Russian Svetlana 6AS7G/6N13S black plates. Doesn't sound too different from an American one

post #6544 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
.

 

 

Clayton are you with the NY gang or with the European one?

Clayton you best answer this one correctly.

 

These Europeans you have to watch them they will turn on you

post #6545 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post
 

Clayton you best answer this one correctly.

 

These Europeans you have to watch them they will turn on you

 

Clayton was assimilated last August Glenn, sorry

post #6546 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post
 

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the cheap Russian Svetlana 6AS7G/6N13S black plates. Doesn't sound too different from an American one


Except most are quieter less noise then the American tubes

 

And they can handle more current then any of the other tubes

 

They are the only 6AS7 tubes that can be used in Atma-Sphere amps

 

The American and European tubes will blow up in those OTL amps

post #6547 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
Clayton are you with the NY gang or with the European one?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post
Clayton you best answer this one correctly.

These Europeans you have to watch them they will turn on you

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post
Clayton was assimilated last August Glenn, sorry

 

Static, static... Newsbrief, news brief, briefly news.

Receiving transmission. cieving .... ansmission. .. ..

 

- .... .. ...  .. ...  .- -.  .- .-.. .. . -.  .-. .- -.-. .  ..-. .-. --- --  - .... .  --- ..- - . .-.  .-.. .. -- .. - ...  --- ..-.  .--. .-.. .- -. . -  -- .- .-. ... .-.-.-  .-- .  .... .- ...- .  .- -... -.. ..- -.-. - . -..  -.-. .-.. .- -.-- - --- -.  ... ..-.  .. -.  .- -.  .- - - . -- .--. -  - ---  -.-. --- -. ...- .. -. -.-. .  .... .. --  - .... .- -  - .... .  -... . ... -  - ..- -... . ...  --- .-.  ...- .- .-.. ...- . ...  .- .-. .  ..-. .-. --- --  --- ..- .-.  .--. .-.. .- -. . - --..--  -- .- .-. ... .-.-.-  -.-. .- -. -  .-- .  .- .-.. .-..  .--- ..- ... -  --. . -  .- .-.. --- -. --. ..--..

post #6548 of 10326

Poor Clayton :D

 

Remember me posting a week or two ago I found a batch of RK60 and 596? Silence from the supplier till this morning but then he sent me this email

 

Sorry but we can not find the valves, they are here, we have over 55million components in 40K sq ft warehousing. We are currently going through our stock but it will probably be next year some time before we check all the tubes.

 

Guess we'll have to wait :rolleyes:

post #6549 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post
 

Poor Clayton :D

 

Guess we'll have to wait :rolleyes:

 

Those tubes were abducted by Martians.

post #6550 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post
 

Everything sounds different to different people.

what sounds good to one person doesn't sound good to another.

This is why I don't supply tubes with the amp.

 

So very true.

post #6551 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post
 

 

 

 

Static, static... Newsbrief, news brief, briefly news.

Receiving transmission. cieving .... ansmission. .. ..

 

- .... .. ...  .. ...  .- -.  .- .-.. .. . -.  .-. .- -.-. .  ..-. .-. --- --  - .... .  --- ..- - . .-.  .-.. .. -- .. - ...  --- ..-.  .--. .-.. .- -. . -  -- .- .-. ... .-.-.-  .-- .  .... .- ...- .  .- -... -.. ..- -.-. - . -..  -.-. .-.. .- -.-- - --- -.  ... ..-.  .. -.  .- -.  .- - - . -- .--. -  - ---  -.-. --- -. ...- .. -. -.-. .  .... .. --  - .... .- -  - .... .  -... . ... -  - ..- -... . ...  --- .-.  ...- .- .-.. ...- . ...  .- .-. .  ..-. .-. --- --  --- ..- .-.  .--. .-.. .- -. . - --..--  -- .- .-. ... .-.-.-  -.-. .- -. -  .-- .  .- .-.. .-..  .--- ..- ... -  --. . -  .- .-.. --- -. --. ..--..

 

 

We need all the support we can get.

 

We are the weak ones and need a place to retreat if we loose.

 

Hawaii sounds ideal to me..........

 

We'l offer vol au vent and galaktoboureko in return.

 

I am sure some 1578/1579 will help win a battle or two...........
post #6552 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
We need all the support we can get.

We are the weak ones and need a place to retreat if we loose.

Hawaii sounds ideal to me..........

We'l offer vol au vent and galaktoboureko in return.

I am sure some 1578/1579 will help win a battle or two...........

 

My sister works at the Disney Aulani Resort. Anyone for swim?

I hear that Ultra- is pretty good floating downstream with a beer in hand.

Flotilla to follow from Greece...

post #6553 of 10326

That would be fine!

 

Can I hide inside the monkey so Glenn & David don't find me?

 

I can clean, vacuum, wash dishes, make coffee, smile all the time and what else it takes to get a job there........

Would your lovely sister put a good word in for me please?

 

 

 

post #6554 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
 

That would be fine!

 

Can I hide inside the monkey so Glenn & David don't find me?

 

I can clean, vacuum, wash dishes, make coffee, smile all the time and what else it takes to get a job there........

Would your lovely sister put a good word in for me please?

 

 

^ Now those are the kind of tubes I'm interested in, too!

I will PM my sister soon. Group rates!

post #6555 of 10326

What rectifiers are replacements for 5Y3s?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio