Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2359glenn | studio - Page 431

post #6451 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

more listening today, the GEC tubes definitely sound much better with HD 800, like with T1, i do not like them with my beyerdynamic t1, the tung sol 5998 or western electric 421a are much better sounding with the T1, the extra power and bass helps them. 


You want more power and bass get a pair of 6336 tubes I think JC bought a pair from David maybe he will lend them to you

when he gets back?

post #6452 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post
 

 

I wonder my small-chassis OTL has exactly the same innards as yours. Of course yours will have more inside real estate--more breathing room.


Clayton your OTL is the same circuit just has the older power transformer different brand then the ones i use now are bigger

and won't fit on the chassis If I use them I can't use two chokes. The company I was using got crazy with there price.

Other wise they are the same amp.

post #6453 of 10821
Thread Starter 

That's great to hear! May be rolling out my little OTL any day now... :normal_smile :

post #6454 of 10821

Doctor Glenn's Listening Machine. It cures what ails you.

 

Listening now to my Glenn OTL with Denon D7000. Fantastic! Just like the doctor ordered. Listen to it every hour on the hour and you won't have to call your doctor in the morning! :)

 

Glenn, I'm cured. For the time being, at least until I order my next Glenn Amp prescription.

post #6455 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

more listening today, the GEC tubes definitely sound much better with HD 800, like with T1, i do not like them with my beyerdynamic t1, the tung sol 5998 or western electric 421a are much better sounding with the T1, the extra power and bass helps them. 

 

 

Nice to know since I only have the HD800.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post
 


You want more power and bass get a pair of 6336 tubes I think JC bought a pair from David maybe he will lend them to you

when he gets back?

 

It was my intention but my trip to Japan pop out of nowhere and I don't have time to ship it.

post #6456 of 10821

 

post #6457 of 10821
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post
 

Doctor Glenn's Listening Machine. It cures what ails you.

 

Listening now to my Glenn OTL with Denon D7000. Fantastic! Just like the doctor ordered. Listen to it every hour on the hour and you won't have to call your doctor in the morning! :)

 

Glenn, I'm cured. For the time being, at least until I order my next Glenn Amp prescription.

 

Hey, the 2359glenn OTL & D7000 was my original prescription, 24 Fev '12. :normal_smile :

post #6458 of 10821
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post
 

 

 

Very nice, jc9394. Did you know my future listening room is inside that building? :D

post #6459 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
Hey, the 2359glenn OTL & D7000 was my original prescription, 24 Fev '12. :normal_smile :


Yes. That's why I bought the D7000.

Thank you, SO!

I'm cured. For now. ;)

post #6460 of 10821
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post
 


Yes. That's why I bought the D7000.

Thank you, SO!

I'm cured. For now. ;)

 

With all the 'OTL' chat the last 30 days, it's time for me to rekindle a bit. And put it into the rotation for 10 days - 2 weeks.

post #6461 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post
 

Doctor Glenn's Listening Machine. It cures what ails you.

 

Listening now to my Glenn OTL with Denon D7000. Fantastic! Just like the doctor ordered. Listen to it every hour on the hour and you won't have to call your doctor in the morning! :)

 

Glenn, I'm cured. For the time being, at least until I order my next Glenn Amp prescription.

What tube combo do you use with your d7000/otl? 

post #6462 of 10821

Stunning pictures, gorgeous scenery.

 

Thanks for posting them.

post #6463 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

 

Very nice, jc9394. Did you know my future listening room is inside that building? :D

 

If can get within 50 feet to it and you are not end up in jail or deported, take pics.  :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapiti View Post
 

Stunning pictures, gorgeous scenery.

 

Thanks for posting them.

 

thanks, first time in this part of Japan and the historic places are amazing.

post #6464 of 10821
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post
 

 

If can get within 50 feet to it and you are not end up in jail or deported, take pics.  :D

 

Fantastic Four-

 

The four fantastic things I'd like to do in that building:

 

1. Meditate

2. Tea ceremony

3. Write letters using my Pilot Metal Falcon Fountain Pen filled with Iroshizuku Murasaki Shikibu ink.

4. Listen to music

post #6465 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

What tube combo do you use with your d7000/otl? 


Rectifier: Sylvania 3DG4

Driver: Zalytron 6SN7

Power: Tung-Sol 6AS7G and/or GE 6AS7GA

 

Beauty to the 2nd power.

 

AppleMark

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio