- 811 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Intro (Kind of) The Westone W30 is one of several IEMs in Westone's newly revamped universal IEM collection, intended as a removable-cable replacement to the older W3. For those of you who are...
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 415
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thanks Glenn. Just took my pre out from storage and forgot the darn thing have a gain dial. So my future dht amp might use the type 10 after all.
If this isn't a high quality preamp the SQ will only be as good as the preamp.
Is it tube or SS ?
I ask this because my amps are a # 10 driving a 300B with a preamp using a # 26 DHT
When I built Clayton's amps and Ultra's amp with the C3g driver it sounded as good everything was the same
same output transformers the only difference was the driver. If I was going to do it allover again I would use
the C3g and omit the preamp.
Its the Eastern Electric Avant. Got it 2 year ago before committing mostly to headphones. Hope that helps.
You can try to hook it up to the OTL put the tone controls on flat and see how much it changes the sound.
Turn down the volume on the OTL and use the volume on the preamp.
This should give you a idea how much it changes the sound.
Thanks but I think I will pass, I have the Sophia 300B mesh already and like to save up for the EML.
sell all and buy these + a pair of 422A, then your journey will be over.
My rig is slowly emerging. The monaural amps were designed around the storied Siemens F2a power tube. The glass has its roots in 1950s German Cinema, in the same way Western Electric 300Bs has its roots in 1930s cinema over here.
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 seconds ago
- › DAC / pre < $100 with optical input? 12 seconds ago
- › Vsonic GR07 mkII 16 seconds ago
- › Fiio E18 19 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 30 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet 5.2.15 Impressions 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › [Review] Superlux HD681 EVO 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2