- 951 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 3/14/17 at 1:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
2359glenn | studio - Page 415post #6211 of 1503211/4/13 at 10:15amAnyone know which VT25 or 10Y tubes have the thoriated tungsten? Some of them are oxided coated but which one which?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #6212 of 1503211/4/13 at 11:15ampost #6213 of 1503211/4/13 at 11:30amaQuote:
Thanks Glenn. Just took my pre out from storage and forgot the darn thing have a gain dial. So my future dht amp might use the type 10 after all.post #6214 of 1503211/4/13 at 2:51pmWhat is the SQ of this preamp ??
If this isn't a high quality preamp the SQ will only be as good as the preamp.
Is it tube or SS ?
I ask this because my amps are a # 10 driving a 300B with a preamp using a # 26 DHT
When I built Clayton's amps and Ultra's amp with the C3g driver it sounded as good everything was the same
same output transformers the only difference was the driver. If I was going to do it allover again I would use
the C3g and omit the preamp.post #6215 of 1503211/4/13 at 3:01pmTube rectifier (6X4). A pair of 12AX7 tubes are the input/gain stages. 12AU7 tubes are also employed in the feedback loop of the gain control. Some specifications: Maximum output voltage: 20V Frequency response; 15Hz-60KHz (+-1dB) THD:0.8% (1KHz) Output impedance: 1K Signal to noise: 90dB.
Its the Eastern Electric Avant. Got it 2 year ago before committing mostly to headphones. Hope that helps.post #6216 of 1503211/4/13 at 3:25pmI don't know if you want to use anything with feed back
You can try to hook it up to the OTL put the tone controls on flat and see how much it changes the sound.
Turn down the volume on the OTL and use the volume on the preamp.
This should give you a idea how much it changes the sound.post #6217 of 1503211/4/13 at 8:02pmpost #6218 of 1503211/5/13 at 5:22ampost #6219 of 1503211/5/13 at 5:27ampost #6220 of 1503211/5/13 at 5:34pmQuote:
Thanks but I think I will pass, I have the Sophia 300B mesh already and like to save up for the EML.post #6221 of 1503211/5/13 at 5:44pmQuote:
sell all and buy these + a pair of 422A, then your journey will be over.post #6222 of 1503211/5/13 at 6:39pmpost #6223 of 1503211/5/13 at 6:54pmpost #6224 of 1503211/5/13 at 7:24pmpost #6225 of 1503211/5/13 at 7:38pmThread Starter
My rig is slowly emerging. The monaural amps were designed around the storied Siemens F2a power tube. The glass has its roots in 1950s German Cinema, in the same way Western Electric 300Bs has its roots in 1930s cinema over here.
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 4 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 5 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 8 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 8 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 9 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 9 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 9 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 10 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 10 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › IC : Grado HP1000 10 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear