- 832 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 7/16/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 415
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thanks Glenn. Just took my pre out from storage and forgot the darn thing have a gain dial. So my future dht amp might use the type 10 after all.
If this isn't a high quality preamp the SQ will only be as good as the preamp.
Is it tube or SS ?
I ask this because my amps are a # 10 driving a 300B with a preamp using a # 26 DHT
When I built Clayton's amps and Ultra's amp with the C3g driver it sounded as good everything was the same
same output transformers the only difference was the driver. If I was going to do it allover again I would use
the C3g and omit the preamp.
Its the Eastern Electric Avant. Got it 2 year ago before committing mostly to headphones. Hope that helps.
You can try to hook it up to the OTL put the tone controls on flat and see how much it changes the sound.
Turn down the volume on the OTL and use the volume on the preamp.
This should give you a idea how much it changes the sound.
Thanks but I think I will pass, I have the Sophia 300B mesh already and like to save up for the EML.
sell all and buy these + a pair of 422A, then your journey will be over.
My rig is slowly emerging. The monaural amps were designed around the storied Siemens F2a power tube. The glass has its roots in 1950s German Cinema, in the same way Western Electric 300Bs has its roots in 1930s cinema over here.
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 12 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 15 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › FLARE AUDIO R2A 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › Best <$300 headphones (amazon) for gaming? 1 minute ago
- › Acoustics, resonance and filters. How to deal with standing waves? 2 minutes ago
- › Great headphone with 3.5mm jack for V-moda BoomPro 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDREX110LPB - Good idea for budget earbuds or should I go with... 2 minutes ago
- › Best IEM under £60/$90 for Indie/Electronic 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3