- 951 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 1/16/17 at 10:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I would like to thank Christian from plusSound for providing the X8 GPC in return for my honest opinion. Introduction PlusSound started making cables around 2012, and has consistently been...
I've recentlty bougth them for office. All i wanted was a pair of fairly decent cans within the budget ive prepaired for this occasion. Unboxing was a surprise, in the package we get a nice pair...
If you are a bass head and like still like to hear to rest of the music, then this Burson V4 could be for you. Charles at Burson had offered the V5 in exchange for a honest evaluation. I did...
Preamble: Founded just last year in 2015, ORIVETI (http://www.oriveti.com/) is still a new company on the market that is however not new to the audio business, having members in their...
Sometimes I have a strong desire to start a review with a conclusion, and then explain everything in more details. This time I think I'll follow this urge. So, OPUS#2 from theBit became for me one...
2359glenn | studio - Page 415post #6211 of 1469111/4/13 at 10:15amAnyone know which VT25 or 10Y tubes have the thoriated tungsten? Some of them are oxided coated but which one which?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #6212 of 1469111/4/13 at 11:15ampost #6213 of 1469111/4/13 at 11:30amaQuote:
Thanks Glenn. Just took my pre out from storage and forgot the darn thing have a gain dial. So my future dht amp might use the type 10 after all.post #6214 of 1469111/4/13 at 2:51pmWhat is the SQ of this preamp ??
If this isn't a high quality preamp the SQ will only be as good as the preamp.
Is it tube or SS ?
I ask this because my amps are a # 10 driving a 300B with a preamp using a # 26 DHT
When I built Clayton's amps and Ultra's amp with the C3g driver it sounded as good everything was the same
same output transformers the only difference was the driver. If I was going to do it allover again I would use
the C3g and omit the preamp.post #6215 of 1469111/4/13 at 3:01pmTube rectifier (6X4). A pair of 12AX7 tubes are the input/gain stages. 12AU7 tubes are also employed in the feedback loop of the gain control. Some specifications: Maximum output voltage: 20V Frequency response; 15Hz-60KHz (+-1dB) THD:0.8% (1KHz) Output impedance: 1K Signal to noise: 90dB.
Its the Eastern Electric Avant. Got it 2 year ago before committing mostly to headphones. Hope that helps.post #6216 of 1469111/4/13 at 3:25pmI don't know if you want to use anything with feed back
You can try to hook it up to the OTL put the tone controls on flat and see how much it changes the sound.
Turn down the volume on the OTL and use the volume on the preamp.
This should give you a idea how much it changes the sound.post #6217 of 1469111/4/13 at 8:02pmpost #6218 of 1469111/5/13 at 5:22ampost #6219 of 1469111/5/13 at 5:27ampost #6220 of 1469111/5/13 at 5:34pmQuote:
Thanks but I think I will pass, I have the Sophia 300B mesh already and like to save up for the EML.post #6221 of 1469111/5/13 at 5:44pmQuote:
sell all and buy these + a pair of 422A, then your journey will be over.post #6222 of 1469111/5/13 at 6:39pmpost #6223 of 1469111/5/13 at 6:54pmpost #6224 of 1469111/5/13 at 7:24pmpost #6225 of 1469111/5/13 at 7:38pmThread Starter
My rig is slowly emerging. The monaural amps were designed around the storied Siemens F2a power tube. The glass has its roots in 1950s German Cinema, in the same way Western Electric 300Bs has its roots in 1930s cinema over here.
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 53 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 55 seconds ago
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 1 minute ago
- › Which is better: Sennheiser HD800S or Ether Flow? 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 1 minute ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › Mixing audio output from two 5.1 PC sources out to a single set of... 1 minute ago
- › For 6BL7 tube users 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSine 20 by AudioJunki3
- › PlusSound X8 IEM Cable by flinkenick
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by d1554573r
- › Supreme Sound Opamp V4 by snellemin
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear