I only saw it once on one of my tubes but I can't even remember which one.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 1/16/17 at 10:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I know a lot of people say a DAC is a DAC is a DAC, but I’m not one of them. A DAC’s chipset and its implementation, among other things, play a very real role in determining how it sounds....
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
2359glenn | studio - Page 371
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #5552 of 1477510/20/13 at 4:05amQuote:Originally Posted by rosgr63
Eric check this listing.............
Looks like a picture of really young Vodka.....That must be an audio accessory...post #5553 of 1477510/20/13 at 7:15am
.Quote:Originally Posted by Xcalibur255
From what I was reading this seems to be more common with pentodes and beam tetrodes than it is with triodes. Certain types of blue can mean gas and that the tube is no good, I guess if it is a cloudy blue coming from inside the plates. Glenn told me one of the National Union tubes I sent him for testing the amp started to glow blue from gas so I thought maybe blue was bad period for 45 tubes. Since what this Tung Sol seems to be doing is no big deal I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the light show.
This is fine it is just electrons that are missing the plate and hitting the glass
IF the amp is cranked up it will dance with the music sort of neat enjoy it.
The bad stuff is a pinkish blue that is inside the plate and sometimes the whole inside
of the tube will glow like this. Usually the tube draws lots of current when this happens.
The tube I said was bad most of the inside lit up and the cathode current meter pinned.post #5554 of 1477510/20/13 at 7:34amQuote:
596 in disguise!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was helping out with your 596 hunt........post #5555 of 1477510/20/13 at 7:36ampost #5556 of 1477510/20/13 at 12:20pmpost #5557 of 1477510/20/13 at 12:30pmQuote:
No but I will send two with the amp and they are cheep or you can put in a 5 volt rectifier.
Yes the Old chassis is like the WA6 and the new is about the same size as a WA22post #5558 of 1477510/20/13 at 12:37pmpost #5559 of 1477510/20/13 at 12:40pmpost #5560 of 1477510/20/13 at 12:44pmQuote:
Yes that The 5AU4 can be got for $3 and the GZ37 but they are expensiveQuote:
Yes it has a smaller footprint and takes up less room.post #5561 of 1477510/20/13 at 12:49pm
I'm going to the doctor tomorrow.
They are removing my head.
So I have to fast for 24 hours.
No apple pie.
But lots of music until then.
I made this last night.
Steamed halibut over stir-fried vegetables.
Now I'm really torturing myself.
Edited by Clayton SF - 10/20/13 at 12:55pmpost #5562 of 1477510/20/13 at 12:51pmpost #5563 of 1477510/20/13 at 12:52pmpost #5564 of 1477510/20/13 at 12:53pmpost #5565 of 1477510/20/13 at 12:53pm
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › TEAC UD-301 37 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic iDX 200 iE impressions? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 8 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear