I only saw it once on one of my tubes but I can't even remember which one.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 11/14/14 at 4:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
Disclaimer: I received this unit for review purpose as a part of the Australasian tour. The unit is owned by Paul (Brooko). Thank you for making this happen. Summary: This is the...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 371
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Eric check this listing.............
Looks like a picture of really young Vodka.....That must be an audio accessory...
From what I was reading this seems to be more common with pentodes and beam tetrodes than it is with triodes. Certain types of blue can mean gas and that the tube is no good, I guess if it is a cloudy blue coming from inside the plates. Glenn told me one of the National Union tubes I sent him for testing the amp started to glow blue from gas so I thought maybe blue was bad period for 45 tubes. Since what this Tung Sol seems to be doing is no big deal I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the light show.
This is fine it is just electrons that are missing the plate and hitting the glass
IF the amp is cranked up it will dance with the music sort of neat enjoy it.
The bad stuff is a pinkish blue that is inside the plate and sometimes the whole inside
of the tube will glow like this. Usually the tube draws lots of current when this happens.
The tube I said was bad most of the inside lit up and the cathode current meter pinned.
596 in disguise!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was helping out with your 596 hunt........
No but I will send two with the amp and they are cheep or you can put in a 5 volt rectifier.
Yes the Old chassis is like the WA6 and the new is about the same size as a WA22
Yes that The 5AU4 can be got for $3 and the GZ37 but they are expensive
Yes it has a smaller footprint and takes up less room.
I'm going to the doctor tomorrow.
They are removing my head.
So I have to fast for 24 hours.
No apple pie.
But lots of music until then.
I made this last night.
Steamed halibut over stir-fried vegetables.
Now I'm really torturing myself.
Edited by Clayton SF - 10/20/13 at 12:55pm
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 24 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › New Philips Fidelio Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › [Not-So-Poor Man Reviews] Final Audio Design's Lab I (1500 Dollar... 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)