BTW If anybody uses 310A tubes I just found a gold mine................
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 369
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have a Sylvania 5U4G that I really like.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It was great in the Decware. I need to find a twin for it t use in the Cary.
Very nice Eric, Is that Svetlana or Sylvania???????????
It is a Sylvania.
My Tektron uses them that's why I collect them.
I thought you'd have a go at me for been naughty............again
That would be like going after a fish for swimming....
I had no idea you wanted to be a mermaid....The things you learn about people!
Still the same pair. They weren't whining last night. I won't pull them until they get on my nerves again.
The tung Sol 45s go in tonight.
12AX4 / 12D4 really the same tube. Your amp still has 4 diodes but each 6BY5 has 2 diodes in it.
I could have used 6AX4 because my transformers have 12.6 center tap winding so I can use 6 volt or 12 volt.
I used the !2AX4 because it was the same tube but I can get them for $1.00 ea
Damn. One of the Tung Sols has blue swirls showing on the top of the glass. This means the tube is gassy and is unsafe right?
So out of 4 pairs of 45s only one is good and one is sort of good (one of the RCAs is weak) with the other two being bad. This only increases my temptation to pull the trigger on the EMLs next year.
So according to Jac van der Walle's article here what I'm seeing is not gas but fluorescence and the tube should be fine and safe. The blue glow is not coming from inside the anode plate/filament area but instead looks almost like faint blue stains on the glass bulb itself.
Glenn in your opinion is the tube okay to use? If the tube were in fact gassy what is the risk of using it?
Maybe I'll fire it back up again. It's hard to tell what's what with these old tubes.
It's very pretty, just slight traces of dark blues swirls on the glass. They are stationary for the record, not moving. Only one tube is doing it. The other one has a filament wire that appears to not be taut but it sounded normal when I ear tested before shutting it off.
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Buying advice. Open, no amp, listen to music of all sorts... 43 seconds ago
- › Leonard Nimoy aka Spock has passed 1 minute ago
- › Stax Sr80 and SRDX Combo recently restored need help on matching... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3