BTW If anybody uses 310A tubes I just found a gold mine................
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 1/16/17 at 10:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Budget audiophile brand Brainwavz Audio is back at it, closing out 2016 and kicking off 2017 with a bevy of new earphone offerings. Their timing was just right. Shortly before leaving for an...
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
2359glenn | studio - Page 369post #5521 of 1468810/19/13 at 10:11am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #5522 of 1468810/19/13 at 10:18amThread Starterpost #5523 of 1468810/19/13 at 10:28amQuote:Originally Posted by rosgr63
Quote:Originally Posted by longbowbbs
I have a Sylvania 5U4G that I really like.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It was great in the Decware. I need to find a twin for it t use in the Cary.
Very nice Eric, Is that Svetlana or Sylvania???????????
It is a Sylvania.post #5524 of 1468810/19/13 at 10:40am
My Tektron uses them that's why I collect them.
I thought you'd have a go at me for been naughty............againpost #5525 of 1468810/19/13 at 11:00amQuote:
That would be like going after a fish for swimming....post #5526 of 1468810/19/13 at 12:36pmpost #5527 of 1468810/19/13 at 12:49pm
I had no idea you wanted to be a mermaid....The things you learn about people!post #5528 of 1468810/19/13 at 2:21pmQuote:
Still the same pair. They weren't whining last night. I won't pull them until they get on my nerves again.
The tung Sol 45s go in tonight.post #5529 of 1468810/19/13 at 2:27pmpost #5530 of 1468810/19/13 at 2:52pmDamper diodes 4 of them per amp
12AX4 / 12D4 really the same tube. Your amp still has 4 diodes but each 6BY5 has 2 diodes in it.
I could have used 6AX4 because my transformers have 12.6 center tap winding so I can use 6 volt or 12 volt.
I used the !2AX4 because it was the same tube but I can get them for $1.00 eapost #5531 of 1468810/19/13 at 6:57pm
Damn. One of the Tung Sols has blue swirls showing on the top of the glass. This means the tube is gassy and is unsafe right?
So out of 4 pairs of 45s only one is good and one is sort of good (one of the RCAs is weak) with the other two being bad. This only increases my temptation to pull the trigger on the EMLs next year.post #5532 of 1468810/19/13 at 7:35pm
So according to Jac van der Walle's article here what I'm seeing is not gas but fluorescence and the tube should be fine and safe. The blue glow is not coming from inside the anode plate/filament area but instead looks almost like faint blue stains on the glass bulb itself.
Glenn in your opinion is the tube okay to use? If the tube were in fact gassy what is the risk of using it?
Thanks!post #5533 of 1468810/19/13 at 7:39pmpost #5534 of 1468810/19/13 at 7:53pmpost #5535 of 1468810/19/13 at 8:27pm
Maybe I'll fire it back up again. It's hard to tell what's what with these old tubes.
It's very pretty, just slight traces of dark blues swirls on the glass. They are stationary for the record, not moving. Only one tube is doing it. The other one has a filament wire that appears to not be taut but it sounded normal when I ear tested before shutting it off.
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 20 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 51 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Dedicated DAC w/ unbalanced out VS Audio Interface w/ balanced out 3 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 5 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by SoundApprentice
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear