BTW If anybody uses 310A tubes I just found a gold mine................
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 369
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have a Sylvania 5U4G that I really like.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It was great in the Decware. I need to find a twin for it t use in the Cary.
Very nice Eric, Is that Svetlana or Sylvania???????????
It is a Sylvania.
My Tektron uses them that's why I collect them.
I thought you'd have a go at me for been naughty............again
That would be like going after a fish for swimming....
Still the same pair. They weren't whining last night. I won't pull them until they get on my nerves again.
The tung Sol 45s go in tonight.
12AX4 / 12D4 really the same tube. Your amp still has 4 diodes but each 6BY5 has 2 diodes in it.
I could have used 6AX4 because my transformers have 12.6 center tap winding so I can use 6 volt or 12 volt.
I used the !2AX4 because it was the same tube but I can get them for $1.00 ea
Damn. One of the Tung Sols has blue swirls showing on the top of the glass. This means the tube is gassy and is unsafe right?
So out of 4 pairs of 45s only one is good and one is sort of good (one of the RCAs is weak) with the other two being bad. This only increases my temptation to pull the trigger on the EMLs next year.
So according to Jac van der Walle's article here what I'm seeing is not gas but fluorescence and the tube should be fine and safe. The blue glow is not coming from inside the anode plate/filament area but instead looks almost like faint blue stains on the glass bulb itself.
Glenn in your opinion is the tube okay to use? If the tube were in fact gassy what is the risk of using it?
Maybe I'll fire it back up again. It's hard to tell what's what with these old tubes.
It's very pretty, just slight traces of dark blues swirls on the glass. They are stationary for the record, not moving. Only one tube is doing it. The other one has a filament wire that appears to not be taut but it sounded normal when I ear tested before shutting it off.
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 51 seconds ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 202 VS Beats by Dre 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 1 minute ago
- › ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK 2 minutes ago
- › Acoustic Research Mysterious New Audiophile DAP 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)