BTW If anybody uses 310A tubes I just found a gold mine................
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 369
I have a Sylvania 5U4G that I really like.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It was great in the Decware. I need to find a twin for it t use in the Cary.
Very nice Eric, Is that Svetlana or Sylvania???????????
It is a Sylvania.
My Tektron uses them that's why I collect them.
I thought you'd have a go at me for been naughty............again
That would be like going after a fish for swimming....
I had no idea you wanted to be a mermaid....The things you learn about people!
Still the same pair. They weren't whining last night. I won't pull them until they get on my nerves again.
The tung Sol 45s go in tonight.
12AX4 / 12D4 really the same tube. Your amp still has 4 diodes but each 6BY5 has 2 diodes in it.
I could have used 6AX4 because my transformers have 12.6 center tap winding so I can use 6 volt or 12 volt.
I used the !2AX4 because it was the same tube but I can get them for $1.00 ea
Damn. One of the Tung Sols has blue swirls showing on the top of the glass. This means the tube is gassy and is unsafe right?
So out of 4 pairs of 45s only one is good and one is sort of good (one of the RCAs is weak) with the other two being bad. This only increases my temptation to pull the trigger on the EMLs next year.
So according to Jac van der Walle's article here what I'm seeing is not gas but fluorescence and the tube should be fine and safe. The blue glow is not coming from inside the anode plate/filament area but instead looks almost like faint blue stains on the glass bulb itself.
Glenn in your opinion is the tube okay to use? If the tube were in fact gassy what is the risk of using it?
Maybe I'll fire it back up again. It's hard to tell what's what with these old tubes.
It's very pretty, just slight traces of dark blues swirls on the glass. They are stationary for the record, not moving. Only one tube is doing it. The other one has a filament wire that appears to not be taut but it sounded normal when I ear tested before shutting it off.
- 2359glenn | studio
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7) 4 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 5 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled! 6 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 9 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 10 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA8 Review - Head-Fi TV 10 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 10 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...