BTW If anybody uses 310A tubes I just found a gold mine................
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 11/14/14 at 4:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 369
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have a Sylvania 5U4G that I really like.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It was great in the Decware. I need to find a twin for it t use in the Cary.
Very nice Eric, Is that Svetlana or Sylvania???????????
It is a Sylvania.
My Tektron uses them that's why I collect them.
I thought you'd have a go at me for been naughty............again
That would be like going after a fish for swimming....
I had no idea you wanted to be a mermaid....The things you learn about people!
Still the same pair. They weren't whining last night. I won't pull them until they get on my nerves again.
The tung Sol 45s go in tonight.
12AX4 / 12D4 really the same tube. Your amp still has 4 diodes but each 6BY5 has 2 diodes in it.
I could have used 6AX4 because my transformers have 12.6 center tap winding so I can use 6 volt or 12 volt.
I used the !2AX4 because it was the same tube but I can get them for $1.00 ea
Damn. One of the Tung Sols has blue swirls showing on the top of the glass. This means the tube is gassy and is unsafe right?
So out of 4 pairs of 45s only one is good and one is sort of good (one of the RCAs is weak) with the other two being bad. This only increases my temptation to pull the trigger on the EMLs next year.
So according to Jac van der Walle's article here what I'm seeing is not gas but fluorescence and the tube should be fine and safe. The blue glow is not coming from inside the anode plate/filament area but instead looks almost like faint blue stains on the glass bulb itself.
Glenn in your opinion is the tube okay to use? If the tube were in fact gassy what is the risk of using it?
Maybe I'll fire it back up again. It's hard to tell what's what with these old tubes.
It's very pretty, just slight traces of dark blues swirls on the glass. They are stationary for the record, not moving. Only one tube is doing it. The other one has a filament wire that appears to not be taut but it sounded normal when I ear tested before shutting it off.
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › ALO Island black 38 seconds ago
- › RockJaw Alfa Genus - Reviews, Impressions and Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › Earwerkz Legend R vs Noble K10 Brief Review (and 15 others,... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 7 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › Focal Spirit Professional by Frequen-C
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Frequen-C
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)