Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/8/14 at 2:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 359
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
One for Stavros...My son Steve like's Hot Dogs more than Bratwurst....
He will learn with time that bratwurst is much tastier than mystery tube meat hot dogs...
I am working on him...Perhaps I can tempt him with some Italian sausages?
There are good hot dogs so not all is lost. Especially living in Wisconsin, you have great sausage variety due to the strong German and Polish communities. Maybe a kielbasa? That looks close enough to a hot dog that he might give it a try.
Good evening Eric, thanks for the photo!
Your photo and Glenn's Good Morning email have made my day.
I was at the fridge at 5:15am and stole a huge block of galaktoboureko.
Even Pablo didn't wake up.........
It's going to be a nice day today, I can feel it
Sweden just join the fun, some of us here are little crazy, I am completely gone.
Not of all of us have your great reviewing skills.
I will put you on a list for next year
Stavros will have one sooner I an going to build him a experimental amp.
Except for the power supply no parts other then the volume control and output coupling caps just tubes
in the amp.
The only problem is he said I have to charge him for it and you know that is not going to happen.
That will be a argument I am sure.
Glenn I will never talk to you again.
I'll only talk to L, you are so bad I don't know what to do.
Try him with something softer like black pudding!!!!!!!
Edited by rosgr63 - 10/14/13 at 9:33pm
Glenn can build amps that are equally powerful and beautiful.
Stavros is sweet and funny and a bit crazy ;)
I can only attempt to bake Galaktobourekothis which is sweet and beautiful
and made with enough sugar to make me crazy.
Maybe I'll attempt this craziness this weekend.
Thank you Glenn and Stavros for strengthening and sweetening up the day.
στην υγειά σας
Clayton you are a dear friend.
When you make the galaktoboureko don't use any flavours, straight is the best.
We have to visit the shop that makes them and I guarantee none of us will want to leave.
I've been going there since the 60's and when the galaktoboureko comes out of the oven the smell is what heaven would smell like.
I was crazy to start with but the escalating tube addiction has made me even worst.
Tyrell the Boys In Blue arrived...............
Well if that picture is the jail they send you to then maybe we should all plead guilty together.
I have the OTL fired up tonight. She's like a trusty old racehorse, maybe not leading the race anymore but still on the lead lap and full of stamina.
I know it can be hard describing sound, especially with amps that don't have much of a signature beyond the tubes you put in.
It definitively was not my intention to direct any suspicion of anyone covering up anything about the amp.
Sometimes you seem you have to push the action a bit to get a straight answer.
Maybe me asking the question made someone who didn't know what to really think, think extra hard and come up with his best impression.
I believe a few pages back you mentioned not seeing any impressions readily available. And you were not in the mood to sift through a breezy 350 pages to find any. I find this a bit odd. In the first handful of pages you have as many members discussing a wide variety of things concerning the OTL amps, sound among them. Repeatedly. Skimming a little further, more impressions ranging from the Thread Starter's "Foot finding mission & resonance control" to the internationally renowned "X-mod" and how it came to be and the presentation it returned.
This is a small and intimate thread that obviously lacks "Stickies" and "CliffNotes." Even more importantly than that, if a visitor lacks the initiative in the first place, then...
Please know, this post is to inspire not condemn. Additionally, the amps we receive from the studio are in constant evolution, with the same gen sometimes. For example, say you me and three others here claim 5 upcoming builds of his next design. As he is custom building these amps one-by-one, he'll evaluate the work done and determines if the amp remaining amps could benefit from minor improvements. Or perhaps, one of us will weigh-in and ask for something to be implemented.
So, not only are we all uniquely different - sensitivities; preferences; gears - we often don't even have identical amps of the same generation. But we always share our thoughts about our respective builds. Hope these comments help and look forward to seeing you around.
Thanks kindly, sir. It is also very helpful that Glenn is once informative and laid back. Honestly, any of you remember early on in the thread when I posted internal pix of my amp under a Blacklight? Many designers/manufacturers would have been hopping mad!
The next knock on the door came from neither Glenn or his lawyer. Rather, some solicitor from a solar company...
And to think, I just revisited the "X-mod" a few minutes back!
SO, I do remember.
Glenn has been too revealing at times and some have taken advantage of that.
Then again that's Glenn a genius that has nothing to hide and loves building great amps.
Seemingly, with Halloween just around the bend, something is just not right. And I can't put a finger on it either. First, I thought to myself "What a coincidence!" But as soon as I returned home tonight and logged-in to Head-Fi, a chill fell over the room. No sooner than I read your reply about getting in the queue, the chill was immediate.
This is the second time in two seasons where I attempted to join the queue for a custom build. And the designer is Jet-Setting to Greece.
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 11 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 52 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Steelseries Flux In-ear hard to adjust correctly into ear. 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Emotiva XDA-1 DAC Like New 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II + HD650 cable / 3-button cable / 2 earpad... 4 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 4 minutes ago
- › Recommend under 500 portables for bday present 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob